Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCE] Ixcoin - a new Bitcoin fork - page 8. (Read 128124 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
It's that easy. Many people don't merged mine. Idk why. Slush pool had nmc but removed it so I left. It's a free 10% bonus.
legendary
I get .3 btc per day. You only need one client. It doesn't know or care if you merged mine or not.

Maybe that pool is down Idk I don't use it. Make your own p2pool. You can use mine but you only get btc, I keep the dvc, ixc, nmc.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250

I can't register here. Seems offline for the last 2 days at least?
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530
www.ixcoin.net

It's that easy?  Don't I have to run 4 different mining software (clients)?  That's the complicated part.  I wish someone would just make like 1 miner for all 4.

And what is 20 Lancelot?  Also, what coins do you find in any given month, I'd like to see the cost benefit to your 20 lancelots?  Like how many bitcoins, devcoins, ixcoins, namecoins, etc.  thanks again.

Cause until my ASICS gets here I'd like to get something running but the $1700 computer I bought with 2 ATI 7850's was worthless.  I'm trying to find a better solution but besides ASICS I can't find one.
legendary
legendary
I'm using 20 lancelot for 8 ghs. You can't merged mine ltc, you can't even mine ltc on fpga or asic.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
Yes setup your own p2pool, using mine would give me the extra merged mining. Or there's a pool with btc, nmc, ixc and dvc

YEs gpu, fpga and asic can all do it.

That's great.  I'm now signed with give-me-ltc.  But I don't think you can merge mine there.  What's the easiest one to use (merge miner).  I'm not very computer literate.  I hope to get my ASIC miners from butterfly by July, that's what they promised but I'm not holding my breath.  I just ordered my 3rd one, 5Gh miner.  I heard you can over clock it to 10GH but that might take a while to so cause I wouldn't wanna try to so it myself.  But for now I'd be happy worth just 2 if not 3 5GH butterfly rigs. Once these rigs hit the market the difficulty is gonna double or triple overnight but the price of bitcoin should also increase.

Can I ask, what rig are you using and what all coins are you getting per month.  TIA
legendary
Yes setup your own p2pool, using mine would give me the extra merged mining. Or there's a pool with btc, nmc, ixc and dvc

YEs gpu, fpga and asic can all do it.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
You also forget, coins like nmc ixc will never die because they are merged mined. I mine btc, nmc and ixc all the same time.

How do you do that.   I'm hoping to get my butterfly asic miners will I be able to merge mine with those units?  I mean they say they're only made to mine bitcoin but that would be a blow I want to mine especially NMC, DVC and IXC.  I really hope there's an easy interface to bulk mine all of these with an ASIC machine cause GPU's don't do jack.  TIA

But I agree, IXcoin is out of favor, not dead.  It's being merge mined and it will find a new following soon given the low number of coins.  and yes that matter cause once interest picks up there only going to be a very limited number of coins and just right now their fair value compared to Bitcoin and many other alt currencies is at leat $1.50.  That's a huge 150 fold, 15,000% spike in Apreciation and it could happen in under 30 days like it did with Namecoin.  I just hope these asic machines can be hacked to be able to merge mine, at least.   TIA
legendary
You also forget, coins like nmc ixc will never die because they are merged mined. I mine btc, nmc and ixc all the same time.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Can anyone who has been here a while explain this to me?  In stocks there's value based on fundamentals. But since these coins have no business plans and no revenues there's no way to value them so you go off how rare they are, supply and demand model.

Ok then.

So how is feather coin worth $.10, 10 times what ixcoin is selling for, while at thre same time having nearly 15 times as many coins - 380 million to Ixcoin's max 21 million.

So why isn't ixcoin trading at parity with feathercoin which would put it at $1.50? This makes no sense.

Am I missing something here or is this a huge opportunity to buy more IXcoin. I'm now up to 41,000 iXcoin.  I paid about $420 for them.  Roughly 2.5 bitcoins and I see it as less risky since bitcoin's value is enormous given it has no real value, no real business plan and no future earnings.  You'd have to be nuts to buy bitcoin at $120 for any reason other than a short term trade or to buy other coins with it.

IXcoin is dead - why would the value go up? There's no future prospects for it. Amount of coins means relatively little, it is the current demand that determines price.

And Bitcoin has no real value? I don't know where to begin. There's been plenty of infrastructure built around Bitcoin in the past year, future prospects are looking good...
legendary
You answered your own question. To buy other coins. Nite what coin you choose is personal. Maybe ixcoin was egg first someone came across, etc.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
Can anyone who has been here a while explain this to me?  In stocks there's value based on fundamentals. But since these coins have no business plans and no revenues there's no way to value them so you go off how rare they are, supply and demand model.

Ok then.

So how is feather coin worth $.10, 10 times what ixcoin is selling for, while at thre same time having nearly 15 times as many coins - 380 million to Ixcoin's max 21 million.

So why isn't ixcoin trading at parity with feathercoin which would put it at $1.50? This makes no sense.

Am I missing something here or is this a huge opportunity to buy more IXcoin. I'm now up to 41,000 iXcoin.  I paid about $420 for them.  Roughly 2.5 bitcoins and I see it as less risky since bitcoin's value is enormous given it has no real value, no real business plan and no future earnings.  You'd have to be nuts to buy bitcoin at $120 for any reason other than a short term trade or to buy other coins with it.
Activity: 78
Merit: 12
I don't have an exact figure, but it was definitely MUCH higher before.

Ixcoins are merge-mined with Bitcoins, just like Devcoin and Namecoin, so while it's abandoned it still has over 2TH/s. That said, I don't think anyone will be using ASIC to only mine Ixcoins.

With the current low price, one can buy about 10k IXC for one BTC. In the worst case, he'll lose 1 BTC, but on the upside the gain could be enormous.  Tongue Tongue

I think the single, most effective way to "revive" the coin is to have more exchanges adopting it.  Grin Grin
Anybody know how much iXcoin was selling for in the past?  On top of buying more devcoins I bought 22,000 iXcoins and I have an order in for 18,000 more and I paid $.01.  I remember 3 days ago the bid was $.03 so for some reason it dropped quite a bit.

It's more of a gamble at this point, a supply/demand play, based on the fact the supply is so limited.  Although the coin itself has been abandoned it's still "in-play", it's still live as anyone can still buy it and trade it. And if my feeling is correct and soon or eventually many more people will be using ASICS to mine (I already ordered 2 rigs from Butterfly Labs) and with only 21 million coins it would take much at all to cause the price to really spike.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
Anybody know how much iXcoin was selling for in the past?  On top of buying more devcoins I bought 22,000 iXcoins and I have an order in for 18,000 more and I paid $.01.  I remember 3 days ago the bid was $.03 so for some reason it dropped quite a bit.

It's more of a gamble at this point, a supply/demand play, based on the fact the supply is so limited.  Although the coin itself has been abandoned it's still "in-play", it's still live as anyone can still buy it and trade it. And if my feeling is correct and soon or eventually many more people will be using ASICS to mine (I already ordered 2 rigs from Butterfly Labs) and with only 21 million coins it would take much at all to cause the price to really spike.
Activity: 574
All right, well this at leasts gets a Mac OSX version out that has mm support.

https://www.box.com/s/vm9qkjchjok3vbhatt6m
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
Not to build in, no, as my only nodes so far are really mainly for bitcoin and devcoin.

People will just have to wait for lfnet to come back up if they find it down, for now, pr get a -addnode to add temporarily just the once to get them initially running.

I am heading toward getting more infrastructure set up but unfortunately it is taking time. The fact the CAvirtex has seemingly stopped doing withdrawals isn't helping either.

What you could do though is plug in hostnames that hopefully one day WILL point at nodes.

So maybe plug in ixcstable01 through ixcstable05 on knotwork.com, or something like that?

Then those hostnames can be populated with IP addresses once nodes are set up.

-MarkM-
Activity: 574
I am going to update the mac port.

However, I noticed all the seed nodes built seem to be bad, and with lfnet being flakey it is hard to bootstrap.

Anyone have any seed nodes they run they can give me the ip to to plug in before I upload?
legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020
Ixcoin should be trading up near .002 BTC per coin, just like all the other generic alts.

maybe when we get some answers Cheesy

edit: why wouldn't anyone merge mine namecoins.. the only coin that actually does something.. edit.. but then, would they have more than 50% of the network.. and does it work like that with merge mining
kjj
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1025
BTCGuild did merged mining on the old getwork servers.  His implementation of stratum does not do merged mining, and I think he is busy enough with other things that he isn't going to bother adding in something that apparently very few of his users care about.
Pages:
Jump to: