Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCE] SolidCoin - new and improved block chain. Secure from pools - page 20. (Read 85500 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
I would also suggest that it would be better with a community of active developers.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
CoinHunter, honestly, I think SolidCoin has potential to be a decent alternative currency. Much more than the joke that was Ixcoin and I0coin. But, please don't try to sound like you are so great and the bitcoin developers all suck. And claim that your SolidCoin will kill off Bitcoin in a few weeks because it's so much better.

Could SolidCoin eventually catch up to and replace Bitcoin as the dominant crypto-currency. I guess... it's possible though I don't think likely. But in order for that to happen, you need to work hard on making SolidCoin much better than it currently is. Currently, SolidCoin fixes a few things that are crucial for a secondary currency. But those problems don't currently exist with bitcoins. It's true that maybe 10% of the bitcoin miners were mining these alternative currencies the past few weeks, and thanks to that the difficulty has decreased twice. But once it has started to become unprofitable compared to Bitcoins, miners will just go back to Bitcoins. Mining SolidCoins will not stay more profitable than mining Bitcoins forever even with your new difficulty retargeting algorithm. And thinking that SolidCoins will be so successful that all of a sudden, 50% of the Bitcoin miners will jump ship is just delusion of grandeur.

So, my advice is to give less rhetoric and do more. Go and actually add real improvements to the SolidCoin codebase and let the software do the talking.

+1 Less talk more action.
donator
Activity: 1654
Merit: 1350
Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.
CoinHunter, honestly, I think SolidCoin has potential to be a decent alternative currency. Much more than the joke that was Ixcoin and I0coin. But, please don't try to sound like you are so great and the bitcoin developers all suck. And claim that your SolidCoin will kill off Bitcoin in a few weeks because it's so much better.

Could SolidCoin eventually catch up to and replace Bitcoin as the dominant crypto-currency. I guess... it's possible though I don't think likely. But in order for that to happen, you need to work hard on making SolidCoin much better than it currently is. Currently, SolidCoin fixes a few things that are crucial for a secondary currency. But those problems don't currently exist with bitcoins. It's true that maybe 10% of the bitcoin miners were mining these alternative currencies the past few weeks, and thanks to that the difficulty has decreased twice. But once it has started to become unprofitable compared to Bitcoins, miners will just go back to Bitcoins. Mining SolidCoins will not stay more profitable than mining Bitcoins forever even with your new difficulty retargeting algorithm. And thinking that SolidCoins will be so successful that all of a sudden, 50% of the Bitcoin miners will jump ship is just delusion of grandeur.

So, my advice is to give less rhetoric and do more. Go and actually add real improvements to the SolidCoin codebase and let the software do the talking.
legendary
Based purely on the way coinhunter responds to postings put here on this thread is giving me doubt in his ability to not let his thoughts or feelings get in the way of producing/maintaining (over long periods of time) a reliable network from a development point of view.

Coinhunter you would gain more respect by myself and probably the community if you just address issues concerning the technical aspect of solidcoins and not your personal investment or feelings.

Geez we're just having a bit of fun, stop being a buzz kill. If you don't want to use SolidCoin because I have a personality then you don't have to, you're move, BAM. Smiley

Honestly I would think as the point person for solidcoin you would have more important things to do than try to one-up every person that disagrees with you on this thread.

EDIT: Oh and about your comment about using solidcoin I've used it quite well thus far taking the 32 BTC I got for my 25,000 solidcoins then turning that 32 BTC into 205 BTC in less than 48 hours.

So I'll use solidcoin when I see the profitability portion of it. I've commended you in the past on your efforts, BUT fyi you don't have to be a jackass to have fun or to have a personality.
donator
Oh, and I'm afraid bitcoins might be worthless in a few weeks, so I moved all my BTC back to USD.

Did I forgot to mention that they are in my MtGox account still stored as BTC?  Grin
donator
At a price of 0.035 BTC/SC, you would have gotten 23,800 SC. It's so nice of you to give away 13,300 SC to others! And that's my most conservative estimate.

CoinHunter, the ball is in your court. Either make the claim that you have indeed given >13k SC to others, OR admit that you were not truthful about your actual SC holdings, OR admit that you exaggerated when you said you invested $10k in SolidCoins.

Lol, keep going this is funny. What about the btc in the exchange? What does that add up to you think? Keep the guesses coming! Smiley

Yeah, it is funny. I'd assume you have 0 BTC from this quote:

I've moved all my BTC and USD into SolidCoins (not that much anyhow, only about $10,000) simply because I'm unsure about Bitcoin's future and don't want to be left with worthless coins in a few weeks

You probably have a different definition "all." Are you not worried that bitcoins might be worthless in a few weeks? lol!

Actually, FIFY:

I've moved all my BTC and USD into SolidCoins Bitparking exchange.
Activity: 252
Merit: 251
Based purely on the way coinhunter responds to postings put here on this thread is giving me doubt in his ability to not let his thoughts or feelings get in the way of producing/maintaining (over long periods of time) a reliable network from a development point of view.

Coinhunter you would gain more respect by myself and probably the community if you just address issues concerning the technical aspect of solidcoins and not your personal investment or feelings.

Geez we're just having a bit of fun, stop being a buzz kill. If you don't want to use SolidCoin because I have a personality then you don't have to, you're move, BAM. Smiley
At a price of 0.035 BTC/SC, you would have gotten 23,800 SC. It's so nice of you to give away 13,300 SC to others! And that's my most conservative estimate.

CoinHunter, the ball is in your court. Either make the claim that you have indeed given >13k SC to others, OR admit that you were not truthful about your actual SC holdings, OR admit that you exaggerated when you said you invested $10k in SolidCoins.

Lol, keep going this is funny. What about the btc in the exchange? What does that add up to you think? Keep the guesses coming! Smiley

Activity: 19
Merit: 0
It's kinda cute how much hate's being thrown around here, so much rage.

Way I see it, is this is working.  It's working for us, and it's working for other online AND retail establishments.  I'm talking about cryptocurrencies in general.  So honestly, chill the fuck out and go outside every once in a while or something.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015
Stupid and uncalled for..

Why are you mad ?
donator
Oh, I forgot. You also said you lost some through trading. You will only lose SC if you buy high and sell low. What? You don't believe in your own coin? When the market price drops in half, you panic and sell them just like other speculators? What a joke.
donator
Haha doesn't add up? Jeez. I bought most of my SC at a relatively high price (0.03ish) after transferring from gox, I have donated quite a lot, I have also lost some through trading. Like I said, I don't value BTC anymore and I'm pretty much doing whatever I want with them. I also didn't say how much BTC I have in the exchange either. Oooo it's such a mystery, better get your detective hats on and find out the "truth". Haha. Kids are funny.

Fine. I will bite.

I've moved all my BTC and USD into SolidCoins (not that much anyhow, only about $10,000) simply because I'm unsure about Bitcoin's future and don't want to be left with worthless coins in a few weeks.

Let's say your estimate of $10,000 is when BTC was worth the most in the past 2 weeks ($12). That's 833 BTC.

I didn't take my money out of Mtgox until after speaking with them (around .035 price). I have about 10500 in holdings currently.

legendary
Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353
Haha doesn't add up? Jeez. I bought most of my SC at a relatively high price (0.03ish) after transferring from gox, I have donated quite a lot, I have also lost some through trading. Like I said, I don't value BTC anymore and I'm pretty much doing whatever I want with them. I also didn't say how much BTC I have in the exchange either. Oooo it's such a mystery, better get your detective hats on and find out the "truth". Haha. Kids are funny.

that was a funny post.

First Solidcoin sale...  the only thing that seems to be a hassle is getting all of this converted into USD/CDN funds.  Ended up eating some cost from the market fluctuation, but it worked out somewhat good in the end.  Setting up another wallet was also painless, hate banks so much.

The developer tools coming out soon will make it very easy to get funds straight into USD or some other fiat currency. This is needed until SolidCoin is more accepted worldwide and to help with price fluctuations.

I'll be working closely with an exchange, it will be announced within two weeks hopefully
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
First Solidcoin sale...  the only thing that seems to be a hassle is getting all of this converted into USD/CDN funds.  Ended up eating some cost from the market fluctuation, but it worked out somewhat good in the end.  Setting up another wallet was also painless, hate banks so much.

In any case, crypto currencies seem to work for us, haven't had a BTC sale yet but I'm sure those will come too.
Well, it definitely doesn't add up. Unless he paid 0.1 BTC per SC. Or he bought them at the peak gave away 2/3 of his solidcoins to people. I call bullshit. CoinHunter, you either did not invest $10k as your claimed or you have a lot more SC. Which is it?

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
With volatility and the price falls at the moment its interesting to watch. I would not recommend anyone buy solidcoin not even coin hunter at this stage.

I guess a falling market is like a rising market in reverse. It's a pass the parcel game.
donator
Well, it definitely doesn't add up. Unless he paid 0.1 BTC per SC. Or he bought them at the peak gave away 2/3 of his solidcoins to people. I call bullshit. CoinHunter, you either did not invest $10k as your claimed or you have a lot more SC. Which is it?
legendary
Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353
Perhaps the "10500" was his holdings in USD, and not SC. The number is bare, no unit specifier.
no. please read his whole post. there is absolutely no ambiguity about that. he is talking about solidcoins. he is answering a question about how many SC he holds.

Pages:
Jump to: