Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCE] SolidCoin - new and improved block chain. Secure from pools - page 21. (Read 85500 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
He said he couldn't care less.  I, however, could care less, so I will take some.  He said to give him a good reason.  I gave him one.   I'll at least help spread it around.  That way, he can be virtuous and keep some money, I can be virtuous and keep some money, and you get some too.  You can be 2nd on my list.

I've moved all my BTC and USD into SolidCoins (not that much anyhow, only about $10,000) simply because I'm unsure about Bitcoin's future and don't want to be left with worthless coins in a few weeks.

Yeah, good move dude.   Sorry but that's completely ridiculous.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
soo, explain me, how come that about $10,000 were turned into 10500 solidcoins Huh?
can you seriously believe that ? at the current exchange rate, he would get 10 times more.

Perhaps the "10500" was his holdings in USD, and not SC. The number is bare, no unit specifier.

I have about 10500 in holdings currently.
Activity: 266
Merit: 251
And if you got the chip off your shoulder hopefully you can also be a part of it.

I think investing in these trivially-modified clone currencies is a bad idea, and I think your promotional tactics are dishonest at best.  That means I have a chip on my shoulder?  Alright then.

By the way, you never told us where you got that "10,000 owners of solidcoins" number from.  One would think that if it were true, you'd be more than eager to provide evidence for such a claim.  Was it just a lie?
legendary
Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

this is getting ridiculous...

Why?

because the same guy writes, a few posts above, that he moved all his USD and BTC into solidcoins:

I couldn't care less about "gaining money" from SolidCoins, I don't need any extra money. However I'll give them to people and businesses and do my part to support a growing economy. I'm not going to give them to BTC trolls or people that aren't supportive of SolidCoin. I get a lot more joy from helping out people that don't have much and helping them gain financial freedom.

I've moved all my BTC and USD into SolidCoins (not that much anyhow, only about $10,000) simply because I'm unsure about Bitcoin's future and don't want to be left with worthless coins in a few weeks. The sites I have generating BTC go straight into SolidCoins. If I lose it all it doesn't impact me financially as this is more like a hobby, especially given the insecurity surrounding Bitcoin and p2p currencies recently. I'm not investing any more into it besides what I generate from the sites themselves.

soo, explain me, how come that about $10,000 were turned into 10500 solidcoins Huh?
can you seriously believe that ? at the current exchange rate, he would get 10 times more.

anyway, there are so many things that are inconsistent in his story, it just smells like your usual scam.

read his quote: it begins with "I couldn't care less about gaining money" (he must be the new Mother Theresa), and in the next paragraph he explains that he moved his BTC to SC because he was unsure about Bitcoin's future value (hmm, could not care less, but still trying to preserve it).

And yet, the outcome of that wealth preservation operation is a missing zero in his wealth !!! $10000 became 10500 SC !!!
Perhaps he's going to explain that this is because he gives away so many to "people and businesses who support the economy"

Come on, these are lies, lies, and lies.

Remember that people receive bounties from him when they blog positively about solidcoin, or when they accept it on their websites...
When people get paid to advertise something, do not expect them to tell you the truth.

Why?

And for that matter why is it when people put their money where their mouth is everyone complains, and when people don't put their money where their mouth is everyone complains?

Not trying to just bash here, mind you. It's just that I think I'm missing what it is there is to be upset about here.
legendary
Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

Activity: 252
Congratulations.  You control ~8% of the market by yourself.  And then you say there are probably many others with more SC than you...
You want a currency that actually works?  With like 5 people that control half the market?

Yeah.  Nice circle indeed.

Nice math, but like I said, many has left my hands and you have no idea what price I got Smiley I didn't take my money out of Mtgox until after speaking with them (around .035 price). I have about 10500 in holdings currently. You can also find many others on IRC donating to people and businesses. I haven't donated the most by far.

And if it's only going to be me supporting the currency (which I am not trying to do) then of course the currency will end up in my hands as I'm putting all my daily generated BTC back into it. Hopefully others can join and start also obtaining their wealth from it. If not then I guess others will be BTC rich and I'll be BTC poor. Smiley Like I said, it doesn't affect me financially so I don't really mind if that outcome does  come to fruition, I just want a better and faster network for my businesses and others too.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1003
I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man
He said he couldn't care less.  I, however, could care less, so I will take some.  He said to give him a good reason.  I gave him one.   I'll at least help spread it around.  That way, he can be virtuous and keep some money, I can be virtuous and keep some money, and you get some too.  You can be 2nd on my list.

I couldn't care less about "gaining money" from SolidCoins, I don't need any extra money. However I'll give them to people and businesses and do my part to support a growing economy. I'm not going to give them to BTC trolls or people that aren't supportive of SolidCoin. I get a lot more joy from helping out people that don't have much and helping them gain financial freedom.

I've moved all my BTC and USD into SolidCoins (not that much anyhow, only about $10,000) simply because I'm unsure about Bitcoin's future and don't want to be left with worthless coins in a few weeks. The sites I have generating BTC go straight into SolidCoins. If I lose it all it doesn't impact me financially as this is more like a hobby, especially given the insecurity surrounding Bitcoin and p2p currencies recently. I'm not investing any more into it besides what I generate from the sites themselves.

So everyone who wants to mine and dump SC for relatively low amounts they are welcome to on the exchanges, I appreciate it. They are supporting SolidCoin by allowing me to continue giving funds to real businesses in SolidCoins. It's a nice circle.

I've been looking into Solidcoins in fact I've been mining a lot lately I finally got to see what it was like to Solo mine and its entertaining. I have some doubts about solid coin although I can see that its has its pros as well as its cons. Solidcoin could be a real competitor to Bitcoin in terms of value, and its proved to gain that pretty quick over the past week. I plan on integrating SolidCoin in the few months sometime... however, if you compensated my time I could probably get SolidCoin integrated as another accepted currency in my store I could have it fully integrated and tested within a week. Here is my website: www.CheaperInBitcoins.com (HTTPS site is almost up to register/login for now go to http://cheaperinbitcoins.com/login.php)
Thanks! Xenland
The price is dropping because Bitcoin is king, Solidcoin ixcoin was made by a jealous dude (jealous of Satoshi) and wanted to make a quick buck.

Fixed it for you. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
$10,000 eh?

26,213 blocks
X 32 Coins per block = 838,816 SC

~ 58.8 SC/BTC

8.84 BTC/USD

10,000/8.84 ~ 1131 BTC

1131 * 58.8 ~ 66,616 SC

66.616 / 838,816...

Congratulations.  You control ~8% of the market by yourself.  And then you say there are probably many others with more SC than you...

You want a currency that actually works?  With like 5 people that control half the market?

Yeah.  Nice circle indeed.
Gee, it's awful nice of you to hold the bag for everyone.

It's hardly a safety net for everyone, I'm am making about 12-15BTC a day on my sites. Considering there is about ~5000 BTC in one of the exchanges it will take some time before it makes any real difference. Just doing my part for the project like others are. And if you got the chip off your shoulder hopefully you can also be a part of it.
legendary

So everyone who wants to mine and dump SC for relatively low amounts they are welcome to on the exchanges, I appreciate it. They are supporting SolidCoin by allowing me to continue giving funds to real businesses in SolidCoins. It's a nice circle.
Activity: 266

Gee, it's awful nice of you to hold the bag for everyone.
And I'm bad with money?  Holy shit...

Forget what I said.  Give it to smoothie and that Mike guy.  Actually, you should keep it.  All of it.  

You get the bullshit award of the year.  There's one and only one good reason that I can think of explaining why you aren't investing any more $ into it, and it's not the one you described, but we both know what it is.

Yes you are bad with money and you've proved it by begging over the internet for a few thousand dollars. Get a hold of yourself. If you want to make money your best bet right now is to invest in SolidCoins, don't say I didn't warn you.

I'm not investing any more fiat money into any cryptocurrency until SolidCoin solves the problem of getting fiat cash into the system easier. The BTC funds I get from the sites I run are still "money" and it's continually being reinvested into SolidCoins, daily. But after a bad run in with getting money into and out of Bitcoin exchanges (ie losing money to stupid exchanges) I'm not doing it until I or someone else makes it easier to do the fiat in and out.

I haven't had any experience with Ruxum yet (they are opening a USD -> SC exchange) though so maybe they will make it better than I've experienced.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1257
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage
I've moved all my BTC and USD into SolidCoins (not that much anyhow, only about $10,000) simply because I'm unsure about Bitcoin's future and don't want to be left with worthless coins in a few weeks.
Oh man I can't stop laughing!!
legendary
And with those two posts, I'm officially a Bitcoin HERO MEMBER.  Suck it.
legendary

And I'm bad with money?  Holy shit...

Forget what I said.  Give it to smoothie and that Mike guy.  Actually, you should keep it.  All of it.  

You get the bullshit award of the year.  There's one and only one good reason that I can think of explaining why you aren't investing any more $ into it, and it's not the one you described, but we both know what it is.

legendary
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Pages:
Jump to: