Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCE] Tenebrix, a CPU-friendly, GPU-hostile cryptocurrency - page 30. (Read 127224 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 11
Hillariously voracious
How do mine Tenebrix??? SIMPLIFIED please.
On win7.

Download windows portable bundle

Start TenebrixPortable

Find the LOCALHOST_TBX_MINE file

Either start it right away to start mining @ 2 threads or edit it with notepads, changing the (pretty self-explanatory) value --threads from <2> to
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
How do mine Tenebrix??? SIMPLIFIED please.
On win7.
I've built a mac os binary. It works for me. I can upload it somewhere if you want. Where's a good place to upload binary files?

Well, here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/?po39vc1x87tb3br

I guess you just have to trust that I didn't put any malware in it. Smiley

How do I use it?
donator
Activity: 1654
Merit: 1350
Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.
I've built a mac os binary. It works for me. I can upload it somewhere if you want. Where's a good place to upload binary files?

Well, here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/?po39vc1x87tb3br

I guess you just have to trust that I didn't put any malware in it. Smiley
donator
Activity: 406
Merit: 257
Well, if multicoin-qt builds on osx so should tbx, so "only" a matter of finding someone willing, able and trustworthy to build a binary...
thanks ART! Do you know if any mac version will come out?
0.015625 currently, looks like next diff will be 0.0625.
Also, what is the current difficulty?
Lolcust,

any mac versions?

Would help a lot!
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
I really took me a long long time to mine that Tenebrix of yours Sad  .
Hillariously voracious
I still dont see any solution to the 51% attacks. A cpu currency will be more vulnerable Id imagine.

A system with less hashpower centralization is more vulnerable to 51 attack ?

Having said that I am quite  looking forward to solutions to 51% problem  Wink, well those solutions that do not involve lic-mining (people are being mildly upset with my fun-d, imagine what they would say if I left meself with ability to single-handedly grant and take away ability to mine  Roll Eyes )
Activity: 686
Wat
I still dont see any solution to the 51% attacks. A cpu currency will be more vulnerable Id imagine.
Hillariously voracious
How does the laundry help any? If I am trying to track down a coin trail, isn't it obvious when the laundry is used, so I just go looking for a transaction going into the laundry that matches one coming out (same amount and time), and pick up the trail there?

time and size-randomized payouts trump correlation attacks, even bitcoinlaundry does them IIRC
Hillariously voracious
Would it have been possible to implement the laundry mechanism in such a way that it would be part of the system and not run by any single individual or group?

Now that would be totally awesome, but so far I am not aware of any remotely workable proposals (that is, proposals that do not involve things like Total Trust between  the agents participating in laundry)
Activity: 616
Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)
Would it have been possible to implement the laundry mechanism in such a way that it would be part of the system and not run by any single individual or group?
Hillariously voracious
Well, per most recent chat consensus, 2 mils go to faucet(s?), 1.5 mils is distributed as development and promotion budget among Trusted Directors (like Doublec maybe Gavin, maybe Art, maybe some other decent dudes - will make a separate thread for that) and what is left is generously left to me for Our Great Big TBX "coin history removal" service aka laundry.

So no, I will not singlehandendly manage 3 year worth of TBXez.

But like I promised michal, I'll make a fairbrix for all those interested
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank
How much harder is mining Tenebrix versus mining Bitcoin? By my calculation, I should get about 1000 as many TBX than I'm getting right now given my hashrate and the current difficulty. ArtForz, can you comment?
Very roughly a factor of 1000.
PhenomII hexcore here gets ~20Mh/s for BTC, ~20kh/s TBX.

Ok, but is the same factor applied to the expected time to find a block?
Let say the difficulty is 0.015625 and you are mining at 1 kh/s, how long does it take to find a block on average? In other words, how many hashes do you need to find a block on average?
Nope, difficulty works as in bitcoin, so at 20kH/s and difficulty 0.015625 you'd expect to find a block every 2^32 * 0.015625 / 20000 seconds on average (= ~56 minutes).

but the average CPU gets you about 1-1.5 kh/s so it takes a loooong time.  
Now, to put it all in perspective, there is 7.7 mill coins premined... and suddenly you realize, how fucked up this whole ideas is.
Damn, I was hoping for something that lasts, but this is as fucked up as all the other *coins.
Thanx for trying. Sorry to see, how stupidity and greed just killed another coin.

Lets wait for T0brix Smiley
donator
Nope, difficulty works as in bitcoin, so at 20kH/s and difficulty 0.015625 you'd expect to find a block every 2^32 * 0.015625 / 20000 seconds on average (= ~56 minutes).

Yup, you're right. I just miscalculated.
How much harder is mining Tenebrix versus mining Bitcoin? By my calculation, I should get about 1000 as many TBX than I'm getting right now given my hashrate and the current difficulty. ArtForz, can you comment?
Very roughly a factor of 1000.
PhenomII hexcore here gets ~20Mh/s for BTC, ~20kh/s TBX.

Ok, but is the same factor applied to the expected time to find a block?
Let say the difficulty is 0.015625 and you are mining at 1 kh/s, how long does it take to find a block on average? In other words, how many hashes do you need to find a block on average?
Pages:
Jump to: