Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCE] Tenebrix, a CPU-friendly, GPU-hostile cryptocurrency - page 27. (Read 127224 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
I thought I am the only one having such bad luck Smiley , you too!

I agree we need a pool. My machine with an Phenom II 6 core has only found one block in about 10 hours.
I agree we need a pool. My machine with an Phenom II 6 core has only found one block in about 10 hours.
legendary
Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016
Actually i feel the new windows release is completely useless & a mess.
Instead of just giving a bat file with flags as last time, it asks questions to select thread, algo....which is not necessary.
Also Lolcust used same name for the file.
I too was just going to replace it with old folder & suddenly found out both has same names. So i changed old folder to tenebrix pack old & extracted new file.
After i find the new bat file useless, i just copied the new bat file, & link to start tenebrix & deleted the new folder & zip file itself, so that i won't get confuse in future.
If a NEW file is released , then it MUST HAVE some thing to differentiate from old file. So that extracting it, wont extract it to old folder & as said in other post that wisdomtool lost wallet & 24 coins won't happen.

Hope here after all releases have some file name difference from others files.

Pool is needed very badly. I hope Simplecoin.us can start pool mining for tenebrix also ASAP

Thanks, but been using the box a lot.  Treating it as a lesson.  To all, do remember to backup your wallets Smiley
ama
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
I just lost my 24 coins when I did a reinstallation Sad , took me a long time to mine.

Have you used the box a lot since then?  Your private keys might still be there.  There are some programs which scan the data in the disk for them and recover them for you to import in a new wallet.  It might be worth it to try.
Activity: 770
That's ... weird.
I'm pretty much seeing *zero* of those building tenebrix on debian... Are you sure you started with a clean tree?

I did a clean clone of the repo https://github.com/Lolcust/Tenebrix.git like 3h ago.
Well, here's what build output for me on sid amd64 looks like: http://pastie.org/2621383
On ubuntu natty amd64 ... same thing. clone repo, qmake, make, Huh, profit... errr... binary built!
So... not sure wth is going wrong on your system.

edit: just tried on natty i386 ... again same thing, builds fine.

Strange indeed.
Debian squeeze amd64, but quite a few of my libs are local builds.
Nevermind, it works fine now.
I will take a closer look at the root cause if I still run into conflicts next time I do an update.
Activity: 406
Merit: 257
That's ... weird.
I'm pretty much seeing *zero* of those building tenebrix on debian... Are you sure you started with a clean tree?

I did a clean clone of the repo https://github.com/Lolcust/Tenebrix.git like 3h ago.
Well, here's what build output for me on sid amd64 looks like: http://pastie.org/2621383
On ubuntu natty amd64 ... same thing. clone repo, qmake, make, Huh, profit... errr... binary built!
So... not sure wth is going wrong on your system.

edit: just tried on natty i386 ... again same thing, builds fine.
Activity: 352
Merit: 250
Firstbits: 1m8xa
I'm still lucky enough to get one block per 2-4 hours. Tongue

What are you using to mine?
Q8800 with 3 threads at 1.10 khash/s each.
That's ... weird.

Is the head on the git-hub repo really supposed to build under Linux?
I have corrected tens of things that just couldn't possibly compile, and I am still finding more and more of these.
head of what? Tenebrix, Tenebrix-daemon-exp or Tenebrix-miner?

Tenebrix

I got it built finally, but quite a few things are broken, probably due to a recent merge from Multicoin and the use of qmake instead of autoconf / automake.

• All the moc_xxx.cpp files include files from src/thread, but this dir doesn't exist (files are in src/qt in fact, so making a symlink thread -> qt does the trick).
  • qmake doesn't generate the makefile with the right dynamic library linking directives.
    I had to add manually the following to LIB (in the below, WXLIBS contain the output of wx-config --libs)
    -lcrypto $(WXLIBS) -ldb -ldb_cxx -lboost_system -lboost_thread -lboost_program_options -lboost_filesyst
  • I had to add manually the output of wx-config --cflags to CXXFLAGS.
  • ui.o contains symbols that conflict with bitcoingui.o
    rpc.o contains symbols that conflict with bitcoinrpc.o
    Only one of these implementations should make it to the makefile, but currently both are there which creates symbol conflicts.
    Actually, ui.cpp contains MFC code, so much for a unix build...
  • Add -DQT_GUI to DEFINES
  • Plus a few missing or conflicting symbols
    Patch there (check the raw one) : http://pastebin.com/zkwUh9Mb
    Don't apply the patch as is, this is just to point out things that break the build on Debian.
That's ... weird.
I have corrected tens of things that just couldn't possibly compile, and I am still finding more and more of these.

Tenebrix

I got it built finally, but quite a few things are broken, probably due to a recent merge from Multicoin and the use of qmake instead of autoconf / automake.

• All the moc_xxx.cpp files include files from src/thread, but this dir doesn't exist (files are in src/qt in fact, so making a symlink thread -> qt does the trick).
  • qmake doesn't generate the makefile with the right dynamic library linking directives.
    I had to add manually the following to LIB (in the below, WXLIBS contain the output of wx-config --libs)
    -lcrypto $(WXLIBS) -ldb -ldb_cxx -lboost_system -lboost_thread -lboost_program_options -lboost_filesyst
  • I had to add manually the output of wx-config --cflags to CXXFLAGS.
  • ui.o contains symbols that conflict with bitcoingui.o
    rpc.o contains symbols that conflict with bitcoinrpc.o
    Only one of these implementations should make it to the makefile, but currently both are there which creates symbol conflicts.
    Actually, ui.cpp contains MFC code, so much for a unix build...
  • Add -DQT_GUI to DEFINES
  • Plus a few missing or conflicting symbols
    Patch there (check the raw one) : http://pastebin.com/zkwUh9Mb
    Don't apply the patch as is, this is just to point out things that break the build on Debian.
Lolcust, when do you create CryptoTurk, the first GPU and CPU hostile, human labor friendly crypto currency?
There is already a nice mining pool at mturk.com .
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
Lolcust,

The scantime option is for what?

After I reinstalled the Tenebrix client, it doesn't seem to be able to download the blocks Sad , can anyone advise?
Has anyone tried mining this on the PS3 yet? I have good feelings about the hashrate the cell processor could give if fully utilised.
ama
Thanks for the reminder Wink

It's always a pleasure to be useful.   Cheesy
I just lost my 24 coins when I did a reinstallation Sad , took me a long time to mine.

Restore your wallet from your backup.  You make your backup very ofthen, don't you?

Thanks for the reminder Wink
ama

Restore your wallet from your backup.  You make your backup very ofthen, don't you?
Pages:
Jump to: