Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCEMENT] 28nm Hercules ~500 GH/s ASIC NO PREORDERS! - page 2. (Read 15392 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 500
I thought you guys said that there is no pre-orders?

An extract from your "about" page on your website:
Because we are at the beginning batch #1, #2 and #3 will look like this:

BTCO Poseidon (Dec) – In hand – 25 pcs.

BTCO Poseidon (Jan) – Preorder – 100 pcs.

BTCO Poseidon (Feb) – Preorder – 100 pcs.
BTCO Zeus (Feb) – Preorder – 25 pcs.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Woah ... there's something really fishy going on here!

A quick check on the wayback machine shows that their "about us" page has changed substantially.

See original below:

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHhaaahhahahha rofl. Good job.
Activity: 364
In their FAQ, one of the questions is: "Why buy from you"

"Because we have probably the best product on the market. Because price/performance ratio is the best. Because we deliver in 2013."

==

You heard 'em. There is ZERO video or photo proof that a 55nm "Hercules" ASIC chip exists, yet they still promise to deliver your miner - which hasn't been ordered yet - before year's end...in a week...

If you want to throw BTC away by sending it to these guys, you might as well just send it to me to let me properly dispose of it for you. I'll put it through the shredder for you, at no extra charge. Grin
Activity: 195
Merit: 100
you know what, i really hope they are real! that will blow everyone's mind off.
Activity: 364
As a netizen who survived the great spam wars of the 1990s, I can confirm that the pictures above were shots from the original team.

This team has since been replaced by even better stock photos employees that were found via the Human Resources firm of Getty Images, in order to serve you better.
Activity: 138
Merit: 102
Woah ... there's something really fishy going on here!

A quick check on the wayback machine shows that their "about us" page has changed substantially.

See original below:

Activity: 378
There a scam
Activity: 866
Merit: 1001
Did anyone order one of these? They said there were only 25 to be available, but their site still says in stock. They told me anyone who purchased in the UK should have them by the 18th, and in the US by today (23rd) so anyone know of these in the wild?

Phil
Activity: 616
At least they spent money on professional photos

3 stereotypes for the entire crew  Cheesy

Maybe this whole thing was meat to be a giant joke in the first place? This community isn't hard to provoke Cheesy
Activity: 744
Merit: 514
gotta let a coin be a coin
They're an English company but not in the company register? Well that's good.
...and their use of the English language is questionable.

"...we are among the most serios company...", "100% COSTUMER SATISFACTION", "...27.000 dollars in six mounts...", "As a 100% English is a gentleman in real life"

Found my Nigerian cousin yet? He wants to invest and get reeeech.
Activity: 702

agreed, those photos are excellent... really very good compared to other asic company's photos... yet again, we have indicators useful to determine scammers...

1... is the web site beautiful?  if yes, then its a scam ;-)

2....  are the photos of their team very professional...  if yes, then its a scam... ;-)

3.... are their offices temporary... and rentable by the day/week?...   (possibly also a scam)...

here's their office http://www.gardenstudios.com - rentable for just a few hundred bucks...!

and their phone number...  may be a Derby phone number (nowhere near london)...   http://www.area-codes.org.uk/01332.php  and http://www.phonespamfilter.co.uk/phones.php/01332408

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
http://i.imgur.com/UsKVXl0.png
Activity: 702
Their address is bullshit by the way, used to walk past there almost every day. Its all ridiculously expensive retail, like talking 7-8 figure £ rents a year.

and the phone number isn't a london number.  not that its working.. when you dial it, it says 'they're not taking calls right now'.  presumably it'll be redirected to the scammers mobile.

anyway, this is just a render... the specs are meaninglessly optimistic.. and the web site is littered with spelling and grammatical mistakes.

there is zero chance this is real.

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
Their address is bullshit by the way, used to walk past there almost every day. Its all ridiculously expensive retail, like talking 7-8 figure £ rents a year.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
They're an English company but not in the company register? Well that's good.
Activity: 644
Hmm, interesting. I went through the order process, got an address from bitpay to make a payment to.

so the address given is: 14xPWSbKFUzbxVY46ePXcepWgTGHPx6VfG

Just checked the block chain info

https://blockchain.info/address/14xPWSbKFUzbxVY46ePXcepWgTGHPx6VfG

and it looks like a payment has been made to that address already.

hmmm... has my order already been paid or are they getting everyone to one address?

Phil

thats not bitpay, ist the original adress of that scammers!
legendary
Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003
yes, please add scam to the title
Activity: 866
Merit: 1001
Hmm, interesting. I went through the order process, got an address from bitpay to make a payment to.

so the address given is: 14xPWSbKFUzbxVY46ePXcepWgTGHPx6VfG

Just checked the block chain info

https://blockchain.info/address/14xPWSbKFUzbxVY46ePXcepWgTGHPx6VfG

and it looks like a payment has been made to that address already.

hmmm... has my order already been paid or are they getting everyone to one address?

Phil
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
They are in the shape (sort of) of the computer console in the original Star Trek series 'ready room'.

Just missing the small "floppy disk type" cards they inserted.  Oh wait, they are serially locking the machines so that sort of fits.

By the way, 2,700 watts (dual power supplies) !!!  

I don't think my wiring will handle that along with everything else I have powered on.

I've been to a few buildings in London and metro area and most of them didn't seem like they could handle more than a tea pot.

Watch for the first building fires to determine who in the UK purchased one.

I did think about putting all 25 of them into my shopping basket this morning to see if it would lock them up to keep others from being scammed.

Activity: 616
Why on earth would they make their imaginary product into such a stupid shape? I'd like to see a video of someone trying to stack them.
Pages:
Jump to: