Pages:
Author

Topic: [Announcement] Butterfly Labs - page 31. (Read 64445 times)

Activity: 121
Merit: 100
August 01, 2012, 05:06:44 PM
Can you explain the secrecy behind the names of people at the company?

There are several factors involved, but the short version is that having experienced some of the "stalking" we internet denizens tend to do when our ire is up, they are somewhat reluctant to put their privacy and sanity at risk.  Additionally, they are fairly private people and have obligations outside of bitcoin that they do not necessarily wish to mix with the bitcoin world a this time.

Keep in mind, if you are not familiar with online forums and the kind of "communication" that goes on in them, especially the wild west forums like Bitcointalk.org, it can be a horrifying place to otherwise uninitiated individuals.  As open and welcoming as we are, we are still an insular world that is hard to really break into, especially when you come bearing the seemingly impossible claims.

Thanks for the explanation. It is highly unusual behaviour for a company handling this amount of money and creates the type of customers (paranoid and investigative) they are trying to avoid. Probably not the best tactic from day 1, but maybe something you can't come back from.

When does my SC arrive? :>
Yes, that explains a lot, but this is good news. Congrats to your new job, this can only make things better.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
August 01, 2012, 04:51:41 PM
Congrats Inaba/Josh!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have a unique perspective to offer BFL & I hope they allow you to use it  Wink

Similar situations happened in the gaming community in the past.Modders & custom mappers have been hired by Activision or EA & became great allies of the gaming communities.

I hope you can make a difference Cool

Best of Luck!!!!!!!!!!
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
August 01, 2012, 04:48:30 PM

I'm sure this question is on your list to answer, but what I want to know is:

1. How do you feel about the published timeline for shipping BFL ASIC hardware. Is it realistic? What percentage of orders do you expect to be fulfilled on that timeline?

He haven't started on the new job yet =)
Activity: 467
Merit: 250
August 01, 2012, 04:44:18 PM

I'm sure this question is on your list to answer, but what I want to know is:

1. How do you feel about the published timeline for shipping BFL ASIC hardware. Is it realistic? What percentage of orders do you expect to be fulfilled on that timeline?

legendary
Activity: 1050
August 01, 2012, 04:42:07 PM
Congrats! This is good news and will provide great benefit for the community and BFL
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
August 01, 2012, 04:30:36 PM
Congrats and good luck with the new job Josh !
Activity: 364
August 01, 2012, 04:26:56 PM

There are several factors involved, but the short version is that having experienced some of the "stalking" we internet denizens tend to do when our ire is up, they are somewhat reluctant to put their privacy and sanity at risk.  Additionally, they are fairly private people and have obligations outside of bitcoin that they do not necessarily wish to mix with the bitcoin world a this time.

Keep in mind, if you are not familiar with online forums and the kind of "communication" that goes on in them, especially the wild west forums like Bitcointalk.org, it can be a horrifying place to otherwise uninitiated individuals.  As open and welcoming as we are, we are still an insular world that is hard to really break into, especially when you come bearing the seemingly impossible claims.

Thanks for the explanation. It is highly unusual behaviour for a company handling this amount of money and creates the type of customers (paranoid and investigative) they are trying to avoid. Probably not the best tactic from day 1, but maybe something you can't come back from.

When does my SC arrive? :>
legendary
Activity: 1512
August 01, 2012, 04:11:30 PM
Congratulations Inaba (Josh?).

Hopefully you can beat that busted machine that is BFL's customer service into shape.

It'd be my suggestion to make use of both of your user accounts.  Your Inaba account where you can continue to logically decimate the idiots and be yourself, and the BFL account to be a spokesman for your new employer.

Good luck, and I hope you're able to change the public opinion that many forum members hold of BFL.
Activity: 273
August 01, 2012, 04:10:49 PM
Congratulations Inaba! That is really good news, I am sure BFL customer service will keep improving from now on. I trust in BFL and in your abilities. Wish you Good Luck.
Activity: 388
August 01, 2012, 04:10:43 PM
First off congrats on the new gig.

can you tell us when the last FPGA singles will be made/shipped and all lines moved over to the new ASICs will start?

Can you tell us the initial shipment planes for ASICs? e.g. start shipping as soon as the first one comes off the line, or create a decent stock and ship out 200pcs the first day.
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
August 01, 2012, 03:59:47 PM

what does your new found status as COO allow you to do or better yet what will you be planning to accomplish in this role?

First and foremost, I'm going to get customer service on track and then get production optimized and producing units as fast as possible.  I will also be examining our supply chain and getting that beefed up so we can meet demand going forward.  Delayed hardware is easier to swallow when you at least know what's going on.  Waiting weeks for an answer is not pleasant for anyone involved, so that will be the main area of focus in the immediate future.
Activity: 667
Merit: 500
August 01, 2012, 03:50:15 PM
Very interesting.   Me want ASIC :/
legendary
Activity: 1190
www.bitcointrading.com
August 01, 2012, 03:47:37 PM
whoa!  awesome!
rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh
August 01, 2012, 03:41:44 PM
I honestly did not see this coming.
legendary
Activity: 1400
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
August 01, 2012, 03:40:43 PM
So aside from psilan's pertinent question, what does your new found status as COO allow you to do or better yet what will you be planning to accomplish in this role?

You have your work cut out for you, I hope you are getting paid in real money. Smiley

Activity: 476
Keep it Simple. Every Bit Matters.
August 01, 2012, 03:40:33 PM
It does not surprise me, best of luck Inaba. It won't be an easy job you are stepping into.
legendary
Activity: 1795
Merit: 1208
This is not OK.
August 01, 2012, 03:26:03 PM
Nice one dude Smiley
Activity: 364
August 01, 2012, 03:23:51 PM
Unpresidented!
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
August 01, 2012, 03:19:46 PM
awesome
legendary
Activity: 1260
August 01, 2012, 03:19:19 PM
I am Inaba and I endorse this message.  Yeah, seriously, it's from me. 
Pages:
Jump to: