Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Hawaiicoin - A Slice of Paradise - page 10. (Read 36459 times)

Activity: 789
Merit: 501
... so sad for this coin Cry
Activity: 558
Merit: 500
It's slow because of the time 120 confirmations take with so few people mining, but Privanon is definitely paying out for anyone with concerns.

I'm slowly but surely amassing a nice stash of Hawaiicoin, and the pace will pick up once my new Gridseeds arrive next week.
.... so ? ... news ?
I'm still mining (aside from my Internet being down last night  Sad ) but I definitely recommend doing the update sooner rather than later.

It's very interesting to see how the different coin parameters affect things like this.
I'll read the threat, but right now I remove my rig ... I can't loose more money if the coin remain untradable.
I'll be back when the diff will be fixed.

Sorry guys, Good luck, and I hope i'll see you soon Smiley
Ok, I just check the last blocks and we have a huge problem indeed !

Current diff = 4, last 10 hours we found ~20 blocks.
20 blocks are supposed to be found in 20*50 sec = 17min !!!
The network is 40x slower that what the diff want, Thats why the coins seems frozen every transaction will require days do be confirmed instead of minutes.

Come on dev, do the update and set a recalculation every 10 blocks or the coin is dead because the network is dead ! Sad

PS : Next diff calculation in 825 blocks = 17 days with the current hashrate

Hard fork needed to change that before the block 17450 (~3 days)
The diff have to be recalculate every 10-20 blocks maximum.
It's hard to confirm transactions with the current diff
It seems to be good for the moment on the privanon pool.
I'll take a chance on it Smiley
Activity: 400
Merit: 250
I got more than 15% reject on p2pool node. So I switch on privanon but the pool is not reliable, my miner get disconnected.

I continue the test for 2-3h, but I'm considering to leave this coin because of lack of support and reliable pool Sad

yeah i saw that,u know that u have to use other settings for mining p2pool? for me i cant put my gpu´s on full speed because then i get lots rejects,also depends where u located in relation to the node because of the ping,in cgminer i also changed stuff like scan time,queue,so im running at 1-3% rejects
my node is on p2pools.org 1-2 weeks already Tongue

p2pool node

as soon as we found a block u get paid,but as hawaiicoin said u have to wait till u can actually spend the coins

http://5.45.108.127

just klick hawaiicoin stats

to connect ur miner address is http://5.45.108.127:7743

worker name is ur hawaiicoinaddress and password u can choose anything u like ,it doesnt matter

i have 1% fee

if someone wants to setup a own node(as im located in germany) just hit me up and i´ll give the networks.py settings,as i still havent figured how to use the github thingy
I got more than 15% reject on p2pool node. So I switch on privanon but the pool is not reliable, my miner get disconnected.

I continue the test for 2-3h, but I'm considering to leave this coin because of lack of support and reliable pool Sad
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
Does someone have a P2Pool somewhere?  Is it private?  Please let us know so others can join.  The HIC network needs you!

Last found blocks show multi-party P2Pool payout.

http://pool.privanon.com:8080/block/2ad669f25fdec625f62b2ad32de8ab2cdcfe836ed560f434b61148779357eefd

that was my node,we found 10 blocks this night Smiley

Great job!  Hey Lt.  The diff level and other numbers look off.  Do you need the magic # and things for this coin?  Here they are (These are required for the blockchain explorer to work right too).

Address Version:  x00

Magic Numbers:  x7cx1fx91x84

Also, can you post the IP/Port of the pool again for everyone else.  If it's still the 5.x.x.x IP then that's the one I sent to p2pools.org web admin to add to the main list for HIC p2pools.

As a side note:  Everyone should be aware of the differences of mining with a pool and p2pool.  Pros and Cons on each.  No matter what, someone will have to take the hit of waiting 120 confirmations (blocks) before the coins MATURE and can be used.  In a pool, the pool can "front" you the coins with less confirmations and take the burden on (as Privanon did) and you'll see coins come into your wallet matured.  With a P2Pool you will get the coins sent directly to your wallet after finding a block with others, and it will show it as being mined and you'll have to wait the 120 blocks (your wallet will provide you a status in the TRANSACTIONS area).  Like I said, pros and cons to each.  I was confused at first when switching between a P2Pool and Regular Pool, and wanted to make sure everyone understood the mechanics behind the two.

Quick lesson on waiting to mature the blocks:  This is so that if there ever is a problem with the coin's blockchain (this is serious by the way), pools and exchanges have time to consult with each other and remediate the issues before the new blocks are matured and used on the network.  If a fork occurred, the correct chain can be decided on and the hope is that this is done before the 120th block after the fork occurred.
Does someone have a P2Pool somewhere?  Is it private?  Please let us know so others can join.  The HIC network needs you!

http://pool.privanon.com:8080/block/2ad669f25fdec625f62b2ad32de8ab2cdcfe836ed560f434b61148779357eefd

that was my node,we found 10 blocks this night Smiley
Everyone,

According to Privanon, the problem was found.  The pool brought down the #confirmations for quicker payout to users (from 120 to 10) but the HIC daemon is set at 120.  So Privanon was using its own funds to pay out users quickly.  Because of this, we will work on an update to the wallet to change confirmations on the daemon and wallet to 10 vs. 120 confirmations.  This will be required so that pools can continue to thrive while users get paid quickly.  Please continue to use the P2Pool for now...it seems to be doing well.

All,

The privanon pool is back online again, but the confirmations has been set back to 120 to avoid diluting the pool's wallet by paying out users in advance.  In summary, if the pool pays out in less than 120 confirms, it's similar to the pool giving the miners a loan/advance payment and the pool has to wait the 120 blocks to get the coins back to "spendable" status.
Does someone have a P2Pool somewhere?  Is it private?  Please let us know so others can join.  The HIC network needs you!

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Privanon pool is starting back up.
Everyone,

According to Privanon, the problem was found.  The pool brought down the #confirmations for quicker payout to users (from 120 to 10) but the HIC daemon is set at 120.  So Privanon was using its own funds to pay out users quickly.  Because of this, we will work on an update to the wallet to change confirmations on the daemon and wallet to 10 vs. 120 confirmations.  This will be required so that pools can continue to thrive while users get paid quickly.  Please continue to use the P2Pool for now...it seems to be doing well.
yeah that pool seems always to have problems,even after they announced block explorer is online ,when i checked it didnt work.

when u wanna mine come to my p2pool node

noone is gonna hold ur coins nothing unconfirmed as soon as we found a block u get paid

http://5.45.108.127

just klick hawaiicoin stats

to connect ur miner address is http://5.45.108.127:7743

worker name is ur hawaiicoinaddress and password u can choose anything u like ,it doesnt matter

i have 1% fee

Nice work LtPaxIV!!!  See some MHs on your pool.  Now this is the community I knew was out there.  You folks pulled it together like this.  As worth said Privanon is still working on stratum and payout crons still good, just issue with PHP it seems...perhaps a bad php library update overnight.  Nevertheless there should always be more than one pool option anyways.
FYI, the Privanon website is down, but the pool is still accepting work and I have been receiving payouts to my wallet.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Pages:
Jump to: