Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Hawaiicoin - A Slice of Paradise - page 7. (Read 36459 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Coin is not dead. Dev is looking at why big jumps in diff . At 20001 Diff adjusted from 2 to 8, 35, 147, 613 and now 2556. now stuck at high diff. Don't panic, HIC will live on. Give some time, dev is working on it.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Developer, tell us what is happening!  Please make the difficulty to go down.
Activity: 300
Merit: 250
Activity: 223
Merit: 100
As i remember dev was changing coin difficulty calc at 20000 ... new wallet and all but since then coin stuck at 20005

https://twitter.com/Hawaiicoin/status/464270176524173312

HIC update:  rediff target to 1 at block 20,000 (we are at 19,000). Added seed nodes in wallet (no need for conf file for first time users).

But dev no statement - best case scenario .. dev working on fix ... worst case ... coin dead..
Activity: 300
Merit: 250
coin died? Huh
Activity: 558
Merit: 500
So here's a question. Well, two.

A) Why is the difficulty 1,000 times higher than the last time I checked it (a day or two ago)

and

B) Why has the number of blocks until the next difficulty not changed in the same period of time?
Activity: 59
Merit: 10

perhabs u like this one Smiley

donation would be nice

btc: 19x5rWEMB4xdLwLStzE8ysE2CPAiyFqBwU

hic: 1Lu5ocEpj4bm1WvWEPoiaWwPtLDyb64uvC

casx

Please casx, bring a smile to our faces with another one of your beautiful hawaiicoin logos!

no donation ever arrived,
im the owner of www.nextcoin24.org.
i can do graphic.

Activity: 223
Merit: 100
v0.8.6-17-g912b240-beta wallet doesnt sync behind block 20000 ....

deleted blockchain --- redownloaded walet from hicoin.org ...

whats wrong ...
Activity: 558
Merit: 500
Privanon now at 100Mh/s
Record best I believe.

Seriously! Where did that come from? I just saw that and checked the thread to see if there was a reason.

Edit: now it's back to ~60Mh/s
Activity: 99
Privanon now at 100Mh/s
Record best I believe.

The intent is for HIC to COMPLIMENT the dollar, not replace it. 

LOL, I didn't mean to infer that I thought HawaiiCoin should replace the dollar. I was talking about bitcoin.

I can't wait until the sports line infrastructure comes out so you can generate sports lines using programs built atop the blockchain.

There's got to be a way to create semi-autonomous sports event lines through a network of HawaiiCoin wallets as well. Specifically, they would be for UH games. You know there's a large contingency of pent-up gamblers here as we don't have a state lottery or any kind of legal gambling.

They also consider Las Vegas to be the "9th Island," so that should tell you something...

I was thinking the same thing about Hawaii's ties to gambling...hmmm...
Privanon pool at 60Mh/s!!!  Watch 'em go!
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114

The intent is for HIC to COMPLIMENT the dollar, not replace it. 

LOL, I didn't mean to infer that I thought HawaiiCoin should replace the dollar. I was talking about bitcoin.

I can't wait until the sports line infrastructure comes out so you can generate sports lines using programs built atop the blockchain.

There's got to be a way to create semi-autonomous sports event lines through a network of HawaiiCoin wallets as well. Specifically, they would be for UH games. You know there's a large contingency of pent-up gamblers here as we don't have a state lottery or any kind of legal gambling.

They also consider Las Vegas to be the "9th Island," so that should tell you something...

perhabs u like this one Smiley

donation would be nice

btc: 19x5rWEMB4xdLwLStzE8ysE2CPAiyFqBwU

hic: 1Lu5ocEpj4bm1WvWEPoiaWwPtLDyb64uvC

casx

Please casx, bring a smile to our faces with another one of your beautiful hawaiicoin logos!
All new wallet update link was not working.  Pointed to the old wallet.
All windows, mac and Linux client users please update your wallets now.
Rediff at 20,000.

find new wallets at hicoin.org.
what u mean it is written in scrypt? scrypt is the algo instead of sha256

Yes I'm a noob. it even says it under my name.

<--------------

I guess my question is, being 3 weeks the wiser, irrelevant, because I learned that scrypt is by far and away most popular with the miners. At least for now.

I swear at one point I saw a huge purchase and sale on Bittrex in early April and thought to myself, oh way to turn $4 grand into $600 or something around those proportions. You guys could have easily milked that for another 3 grand or so. But ya know, live and learn. This cybernetic micro world has evolved a lot in the last 7 weeks.

Even though there will be some magnificent crash and burns to come, hacks, robberies, etc., I think there is still a flood of new interest out there and once the masses understand how simple it is to install and use a wallet they will start getting on board with the whole concept of digital currencies.

Just give them some time and with it will come familiarity and further reason to lose faith in the dollar.

The intent is for HIC to COMPLIMENT the dollar, not replace it.  In our case we envision HICs to be the replacement for a system such as Groupon and living social since it does a great job by responding to a appetite that consumers have for discounts and we believe that the bitcoin protocol with it's mining network is a great technology framework that we've adopted so that HIC can deliver that service and do it faster, easier and cheaper.

By the way, we are still recruiting for development of mobile applications (wallets with local private keys).  Inquire within please.
Activity: 86
Hawaiicoin was added to CryptoTop!!!
BTC: 13MVMftimCmpQEsryo47pTs97ubmwkT31Y
LTC: Lh9ChfS1X3YWXmapr66nQjj3qZmys3qkNw
DOGE: DJMxzVrURhmsWFZHCjK5kDVHEqP5FcfGvy
legendary
what u mean it is written in scrypt? scrypt is the algo instead of sha256

Yes I'm a noob. it even says it under my name.

<--------------

I guess my question is, being 3 weeks the wiser, irrelevant, because I learned that scrypt is by far and away most popular with the miners. At least for now.

I swear at one point I saw a huge purchase and sale on Bittrex in early April and thought to myself, oh way to turn $4 grand into $600 or something around those proportions. You guys could have easily milked that for another 3 grand or so. But ya know, live and learn. This cybernetic micro world has evolved a lot in the last 7 weeks.

Even though there will be some magnificent crash and burns to come, hacks, robberies, etc., I think there is still a flood of new interest out there and once the masses understand how simple it is to install and use a wallet they will start getting on board with the whole concept of digital currencies.

Just give them some time and with it will come familiarity and further reason to lose faith in the dollar.
legendary
New wallet looks good... Also forgot to mention I dig the logo.

I envision a day where locals can place wagers and set the line on the UH game with HawaiiCoin. Tourists will use them to get the kama aina rate in certain hotels, during certain seasons... Maybe for discounts on group tours and ramen meals. I will accept them to take your picture in front of the statue of Duke Kahanamoku in Waikiki.

HIC here for the long run baby.
HAWAIICOIN WALLET UPDATE!!!!

1. Seed nodes updated in wallet code (no need for hawaiicoin.conf file for new users)
2. Rediff every 1 block after block 20,000

Windows:  http://pool.privanon.com/downloads/Hawaiicoin-Win-QT.zip

Mac:  http://pool.privanon.com/downloads/Hawaiicoin-Mac-QT.zip

Linux:  http://pool.privanon.com/downloads/Hawaiicoin-Lin-QT.zip

Source Code:  http://pool.privanon.com/downloads/hawaiicoin-src.tar.gz

Website hicoin.org also updated with pointers to new wallet code.
Pages:
Jump to: