Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Hawaiicoin - A Slice of Paradise - page 11. (Read 36459 times)

Activity: 400
Merit: 250
i see ya now lets rip some blocks
Activity: 789
Merit: 501
Let's try, I switch on the p2pool for the night.
4.4Mh/s for 8 hours ... let's see if the coin survive and the wallet resync or if  I loose some electricity and time Smiley

Show me some support I you can Smiley
1FQE87A3Uz9XLniohvh4qgGDX14ypUPrch
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
Block processed on network.  Transactions went through.  View block here: pool.privanon.com:8080/block/bc8e4fae00a8b33b5704d29c4c7f53c21109156272dbc64075dffa509fa410e2

Again, the lower diff rollout will help with synch issues and delayed transaction processing and we will also help other pool operators in gaining miner share...all part of a heart-healthy breakfast!

By the way privanon wallet address is (we are all about transparency): 1CBudPkBiaRVhJCSqi9ZTtrifJZ2TdXfJA
the network is down ?

Wallet don't sync, and my miners are idle because of a lack of pool.

And my coins on the pools are confirmed but never sent to the wallet even if the autopayout rule is set

my problem exactly,,seriously fix the wallet, fix the official pool payout, and fix cashing out it don't work,,

i smell and feel scam , but ill be open minded today and give the benefit of the doubt if an explanation is made. it's like the dev(s) are oblivious to these issues.

The main pool, privanon, had a memcached problem and had to be rebooted.  It is up now, and the stratum is working.  Because it is the main pool processing most of the hash rate on the network it being down was the cause of the wallet delays.  Pool still has a problem with the login/web interface for the pool and they are working on it.

For now, recommend miners switch to another pool (incubus; iminecoins) while privanon sorts out the issues (they have already set confirms down to 10 and payouts are working; stratum working but you won't be able to log into web to check/manual cash out.  Auto payouts ok).

And in response to the notion of a "scam"... we have been throwing 6 MHs at the network the past few days when the total hash rate was only 8MHs (thanks to those who threw another 2MHs) so our team has been instrumental in keeping the network up while diff remains at 4.  Please be cognizant of those who pay the bills to keep this thing going as other "opportunists" flash mine only when diff is low.  Even with that in mind, we are rolling out a wallet update soon to readjust diff to 1 block, thus attracting the flash miners.  And our team who has been keeping this net up will have been forgotten...so I'm happy to ink their commitment on this board with this posting.

Nevertheless, we push forward!
Activity: 420
the network is down ?

And my coins on the pools are confirmed but never sent to the wallet even if the autopayout rule is set

my problem exactly,,seriously fix the wallet, fix the official pool payout, and fix cashing out it don't work,,

i smell and feel scam , but ill be open minded today and give the benefit of the doubt if an explanation is made. it's like the dev(s) are oblivious to these issues.
the network is down ?

Activity: 558
Merit: 500
Why I can't withdraw my coins from http://pool.privanon.com/hic/ ?
I can just change my account or change the pass, I can't do a manual payout and I set the auto-payout ... but I was not triggered after 2h

Are they confirmed? The coins are slow to confirm right now but I've spoken with the dev and confirmation should be speeding up soon.

This coin has been flying under the radar so people haven't started mining it much yet, which causes the whole network to be a little slow.
Things will speed up the more people mine, and there's an update coming as well which should further improve things.

Worth, thanks for your updating everyone.  Just to confirm, Privanon Pool just moved confirmations down to a more appropriate level considering the low hash rate on the network at diff=4.  You should see coins being confirmed soon.

Happy to help out.  Confirmation is definitely happening now and I've had the majority of what I've mined over the last few days successfully sent to my wallet with the rest paying out normally.
I can just change my account or change the pass, I can't do a manual payout and I set the auto-payout ... but I was not triggered after 2h

Are they confirmed? The coins are slow to confirm right now but I've spoken with the dev and confirmation should be speeding up soon.

This coin has been flying under the radar so people haven't started mining it much yet, which causes the whole network to be a little slow.
Things will speed up the more people mine, and there's an update coming as well which should further improve things.

Worth, thanks for your updating everyone.  Just to confirm, Privanon Pool just moved confirmations down to a more appropriate level considering the low hash rate on the network at diff=4.  You should see coins being confirmed soon.

A new wallet will be rolled out soon that will help with high diff by changing to a 1-block rediff level.  Mahalo to everyone for continuing to mine and support the network while we work things out.

Worth, we thank you for your blog announcing Hawaiicoin.  We're sorry for the inconvenience that our snafu caused you and everyone else.  Without people like you this coin is nothing and we thank you, Pax, and W8 for your continued support.  It's challenging to focus on both marketing, business, engineering, operations, and support with a small team working like dogs for a community project like this.  We hope to continue to see support for the coin by witnessing things such as your blog post, helping us with wallet compilations like W8 is doing, and pool recovery efforts like those from Pax and Dimitiry (Incubus).

Lets push forward with due diligence and see if we can't take this one to Mt. Haleakala (10k ft dormant volcano on Maui) which I see as much more realistic than the "moon" Smiley

Glad to help!

I've got more coverage of Hawaiicoin planned -- I have multiple tech & Hawaii related social media accounts and websites (some just Hawaii, some just tech, some with overlap) and will be doing more to promote it.  I also know some others who might be interested in posting about it too and will be talking to them about it.

Will post updates about it here, and in the mean time, will keep mining it on

http://pool.privanon.com/hic/index.php?page=gettingstarted
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
It would be funny if there were Havaiicoin and Havaiancoin Cheesy
HIC is on another exchange now.
Progress.

https://www.europex.eu/#coin/btc/hic
I haven't been having any problems syncing the wallet -- I just tried it for the first time today and it seemed to be stuck, but after a few minutes of not seeming to do anything it synced up.  BUT, the main Privanon pool seems to be down and as far as I can tell has been down for hours.  

I'd switched away to mining something else for a day or so and then switched back late the night before last. Yesterday I noticed that all of the Hawaiicoin I'd mined was stuck as unconfirmed.  It was still mining so I decided to leave it overnight and see how it was doing today; I now I have close to 2,000 unconfirmed.  The website is up, but stratum seems to be down and my miners can't connect.

If the admins are working on fixing this, they should post in the thread to let people know. Things happen sometimes & technology acts up, but somebody needs to keep the thread & the twitter account updated to put people's minds at ease.  

I wish I'd waited on publishing the post on my blog promoting Hawaiicoin...

Worth, we thank you for your blog announcing Hawaiicoin.  We're sorry for the inconvenience that our snafu caused you and everyone else.  Without people like you this coin is nothing and we thank you, Pax, and W8 for your continued support.  It's challenging to focus on both marketing, business, engineering, operations, and support with a small team working like dogs for a community project like this.  We hope to continue to see support for the coin by witnessing things such as your blog post, helping us with wallet compilations like W8 is doing, and pool recovery efforts like those from Pax and Dimitiry (Incubus).

Lets push forward with due diligence and see if we can't take this one to Mt. Haleakala (10k ft dormant volcano on Maui) which I see as much more realistic than the "moon" Smiley
Just wanted to make this public announcement:  W8 you rock!  We need more people like you supporting our efforts.
Privanon pool is starting back up.

Sorry for the delay.

Block explorer is online at http://pool.privanon.com:8080.

I'm back on and mining again.
Privanon pool is starting back up.

Sorry for the delay.

Block explorer is online at http://pool.privanon.com:8080.
All,

Very sorry for the network problems folk.  Andy sorry for the delays.  I've been working very long hours with the privanon pool folk, marketing team, and future coin dev/test for the diff retarget...and oh yeah, a little thing called my day job Smiley  Gotta put food on the table.

Privanon and several other core seed nodes have verified that we are at block height 17272.  The problems occurred at block 17223 on Sun morning 12:30am Hawaii time as a move over to the new rediff caused a fork.

Please ensure your wallets are at block 17272 (debug>console>getinfo).  If below or above, please do the following:

Windows: go to start>run> type in %APPDATA%.  Go to hawaiicoin and delete the BLOCKS and CHAININFO folders.  Also delete your PEERS file.

Mac delete the two folders and the file but in your ~/Libarary/Application Support/Dogecoin

Both client OS:  make sure you have the IP address of 54.201.25.156 in your hawaiicoin.conf file (addnode=54.201.25.156).

Restart your wallets!!!

My wallet (Mac) is right where it's supposed to be.  I'll point my miners back at Privanon as soon as it seems to be up and running again. Thanks.
All,

Very sorry for the network problems folk.  Andy sorry for the delays.  I've been working very long hours with the privanon pool folk, marketing team, and future coin dev/test for the diff retarget...and oh yeah, a little thing called my day job Smiley  Gotta put food on the table.

Privanon and several other core seed nodes have verified that we are at block height 17272.  The problems occurred at block 17223 on Sun morning 12:30am Hawaii time as a move over to the new rediff caused a fork.

Please ensure your wallets are at block 17272 (debug>console>getinfo).  If below or above, please do the following:

Windows: go to start>run> type in %APPDATA%.  Go to hawaiicoin and delete the BLOCKS and CHAININFO folders.  Also delete your PEERS file.

Mac delete the two folders and the file but in your ~/Libarary/Application Support/Dogecoin

Both client OS:  make sure you have the IP address of 54.201.25.156 in your hawaiicoin.conf file (addnode=54.201.25.156).

Restart your wallets!!!
Pages:
Jump to: