Pages:
Author

Topic: announcement: the international "when-bitcoin-reaches 1000,- $ party" - page 12. (Read 309890 times)

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
The further this party gets delayed into the warmer season, the less clothing I will need to wear. That is all.
Activity: 1492
Merit: 763
Life is a taxable event
That gives me time to be in shape when the party starts. I hear the Germans are really liberal about sex. I remember in Greece they make up a big part of the people in the nude beaches. Personally I find German women very attractive.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106
Oktoberfest? Awful idea!
Awful, because Oktoberfest is awful. Awful, because the whole PR effect of the greatest party ever would be totally in the shadow of "a freaky Oktoberfest tent" something.
Also, I want my skyscraper, worldclass-djs and limousine!
:-)

Ente

since you have paid already we better listen to your opinion   Wink

i guess germans would not like it to be at the octoberfest, but foreign guests would get a kick out of it.

what about having the party on a ship ?

legendary
Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001
Oktoberfest? Awful idea!
Awful, because Oktoberfest is awful. Awful, because the whole PR effect of the greatest party ever would be totally in the shadow of "a freaky Oktoberfest tent" something.
Also, I want my skyscraper, worldclass-djs and limousine!
:-)

Ente
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
I'm just glad that China, Russia, and Mt. Gox were nice enough to let us party when it's nice and warm outside.

That's admirable of you to look on the bright side of things! Smiley
As the Op wouldn’t agree to delay, this price fixing was orchestrated so the party would coincide with the October Fest.   

we should actually insist on it - octoberfest would be a great place to have that party... an entire festival tent just for bitcoiners.

https://www.google.de/search?q=oktoberfest+m%C3%BCnchen&espv=210&es_sm=91&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=_6MGU8y5E4rmywO07ILgAQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1335&bih=779#q=oktoberfest+m%C3%BCnchen+party&tbm=isch

and it will become a self fullfilling prophecy...   Wink

btc-1k octoberfest countdown...
I also agree with to coincide it with such a good event as Octoberfest. on the other hand it would be more Octoberfest event than Bitcoin party.
legendary
Did this party ever materialize?

Should it be the "when we hit $1000 per BTC again" party?

no, bitstamp was just a few days above 1000 in a row, party has never triggered (i am glad!)... 

we have changed the trigger period to 30 days in a row, after this. to be safer.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Did this party ever materialize?

Should it be the "when we hit $1000 per BTC again" party?
legendary
I'm just glad that China, Russia, and Mt. Gox were nice enough to let us party when it's nice and warm outside.

As the Op wouldn’t agree to delay, this price fixing was orchestrated so the party would coincide with the October Fest.   

we should actually insist on it - octoberfest would be a great place to have that party... an entire festival tent just for bitcoiners.

https://www.google.de/search?q=oktoberfest+m%C3%BCnchen&espv=210&es_sm=91&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=_6MGU8y5E4rmywO07ILgAQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1335&bih=779#q=oktoberfest+m%C3%BCnchen+party&tbm=isch

and it will become a self fullfilling prophecy...   Wink

btc-1k octoberfest countdown...
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1012

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
legendary
Cheap ticket time.....

I wonder if it will last only while Gox is dying. I haven't been current in my news but that may be the thing causing it. Once this is all over there is no telling where bitcoin will be.

yes, indeed. with the generous help of mark k, we managed to bring down the ticket price to an incredible $ 220.

(it was some kind of revenge vs the btc-e guys who themselves gifted the community with an unprecedented "ticket for $100" flashcrash giveaway PR stunt last week)

Life is a taxable event
Cheap ticket time.....

I wonder if it will last only while Gox is dying. I haven't been current in my news but that may be the thing causing it. Once this is all over there is no telling where bitcoin will be.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008
Goat how much did it cost to change your handle??
50 btc.
I can do it for 10 Tongue

I got scammed  Wink

Ya know, if you are willing to spend 50 Btc for that, we should talk. :-D
qwk
donator
Activity: 3542
Merit: 3413
Shitcoin Minimalist
Goat how much did it cost to change your handle??
50 btc.
I can do it for 10 Tongue
legendary
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Life is a taxable event
You mean like at the end of Fight Club?

Certainly not, it's not like we can buy ammonium nitrate instant cold packs and mix them with oil to make vast quantities of explosives and place them in barrels in every banking high-rise using the funds of the bitcoin party.

That would certainly never work.
legendary
I wonder if we're allowed to have a fireworks display...

You mean like at the end of Fight Club?

good one !  Cheesy Cheesy

(btw: there is a soap manufacturer in the small town i live. they accept btc...
Pages:
Jump to: