Pages:
Author

Topic: announcement: the international "when-bitcoin-reaches 1000,- $ party" - page 9. (Read 309890 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
bye bye 1000,-$ party    Sad

can't believe it was just an illusion  Cry

It's still gonna happen but it might be a few years. Problem is that normal inflation is going to make the cost of setting up the party higher every year by 3.5-7%.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007
legendary
Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001
For tongue-in-cheek music performances, get a few of these guys:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPh0AQ5kjOxGwq2efELJ_uSKYor1T3TyK

..additionally to some "top acts", or whatever.

Ente
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
Are you still taking reservations? If yes, 2 tickets for me.

You have to go here: https://tickets.btc1k.com/

Follow the instructions to the letter. If you loose that ticket your BTC is gone.
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
Are you still taking reservations? If yes, 2 tickets for me.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
I am sure there are some savvy financial advisors that do understand Bitcoin. Indeed, they _should_ be able to understand better than I the benefits and tradeoffs thereof. But I've not met them.

Well, it's nice to meet you!
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660
lose: unfind ... loose: untight
What makes you think there aren't wealth advisors who aren't affluent bitcoiners themselves?  Wink

Touche'

Most of the 'wealth advisors' I have run across so far know nothing about Bitcoin. They've been so steeped in orthodoxy that their idea of capital preservation in the face of a total financial meltdown - which they seem to insist just. can't. happen., is to put (no more than) 5% in precious metals.

I am sure there are some savvy financial advisors that do understand Bitcoin. Indeed, they _should_ be able to understand better than I the benefits and tradeoffs thereof. But I've not met them.
legendary
New idea. There should be a working session the day before the party. I'm sure there are a number of valuable business topics that the world's more affluent bit coiners should be discussing.

One track could be wealth management. One would think there are multiple wealth advisors that would jump at the chance to address such a well-heeled audience.

What makes you think there aren't wealth advisors who aren't affluent bitcoiners themselves?  Wink
KFR
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Per ardua ad luna
New idea. There should be a working session the day before the party. I'm sure there are a number of valuable business topics that the world's more affluent bit coiners should be discussing.

One track could be wealth management. One would think there are multiple wealth advisors that would jump at the chance to address such a well-heeled audience.

New company pitch- fest?

Best practices for storage.

Etc.

For a nominal fee - room rental and minor catering - a program with much value could be assembled for each attendee's ongoing business operations.

fuck business. Let's party!

+1 Cool

legendary
First, take care of business.

Then party.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

New company pitch- fest?

Etc.

For a nominal fee - room rental and minor catering - a program with much value could be assembled for each attendee's ongoing business operations.

fuck business. Let's party!
legendary

New company pitch- fest?

Etc.

KFR
Activity: 560
Per ardua ad luna
My guess is some time aroundOctoberfest, but I have been very wrong before.

That seems like a pretty reasonable guess to me.  Cool

legendary
My guess is some time aroundOctoberfest, but I have been very wrong before.
legendary
Activity: 1470
bumping to bring the party back to everyones mind... it's looking not too unlikely my wish it would be in summer will be fulfilled.

the last 5-6 months were kaind of hard for the btc 1k believers. it looks, though, the idea is not not dead - BITCOIN WILL RISE AGAIN...

the party WILL happen.

summer 2014 ?

let´s see..  Wink

Much as I'd like to see it, we didn't just want to /hit/ 1k, we wanted to stay there for a while this time, right? Cheesy

So, I'm not sold on summer this year tbh, but even if it takes a bit longer, at least I'm getting the impression we're going in the right direction from now.

btc daily average on stamp has to stay 30 days above $ 1000 in a row, before the party is officially triggered & announced with date/location/dress code, etc. summer is not really that probable...   

+1

that's what I remembered.

Still, even if it takes a bit longer, it's going to be awesome
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
This thread is still around Huh to my knowledge this price was reached a while ago
Although seeing it for the second time allows for late starters to appear haha
Activity: 688
ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!
Last chance to get half price tickets??? Grin

buy a bitcoin and set it aside!
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106
bumping to bring the party back to everyones mind... it's looking not too unlikely my wish it would be in summer will be fulfilled.

the last 5-6 months were kaind of hard for the btc 1k believers. it looks, though, the idea is not not dead - BITCOIN WILL RISE AGAIN...

the party WILL happen.

summer 2014 ?

let´s see..  Wink

Much as I'd like to see it, we didn't just want to /hit/ 1k, we wanted to stay there for a while this time, right? Cheesy

So, I'm not sold on summer this year tbh, but even if it takes a bit longer, at least I'm getting the impression we're going in the right direction from now.

btc daily average on stamp has to stay 30 days above $ 1000 in a row, before the party is officially triggered & announced with date/location/dress code, etc. summer is not really that probable...   
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106
Just "Because Bitcoin", have all the funds already paid been sent to one address and are they still there?

here is the list of those who paid:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/btc-1k-party-attendants-list-368601

here are the funds:

https://blockchain.info/de/address/3NaGPeYAZztGnyUjDrkA4VmvMngRF12cF3

when you enter the ticket purchase procedure and pay your 1 btc it will automatically be transferred to this multisignature vault adress.

btc 1k party is alive !

legendary
Activity: 1470

the party WILL happen.

summer 2014 ?

let´s see..  Wink

Pages:
Jump to: