Pages:
Author

Topic: announcement: the international "when-bitcoin-reaches 1000,- $ party" - page 28. (Read 309874 times)

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007
ok, I'll be in Frankfurt in 2 hours via the Autobahn. Where's the location again exactly?  Huh
legendary
Activity: 1014
Merit: 1003
VIS ET LIBERTAS

* * * * * Party time! * * * * *
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
boom we hit it!  Grin $1000!!

K guys tell me when to book flights
legendary
Activity: 1578
Merit: 1000
May the coin be with you..
boom we hit it!  Grin $1000!!
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106
welcome beetcoin, m3w1l, Jace, r3v3rs3, mskryxz and Bitventurer !

start training your livers...  Cheesy

legendary
Will the spending of the money be transparent guys? We are now talking about a lot of money and I couldn't find anywhere reference to how the money will be spent. Is it a non profit event or are you guys taking a cut? I don't begrudge that at all just interested. I'm sure others are too.

spending will be transparent, bits of proof is our partner and will facilitate ticket payments. we will try to use the ticket payments only for the event itself. on the other hand the orga team (cheech300, bulleric and me) are working lots of hours already on this without compensation. we have jobs, families, a life - it could easily turn out that this is a full time job all by itself soon. we take big responsibility for a safe and reasonable planning, and since there are contracts to be signed with venue, caterer, security, promoters, etc, etc we are also looking into substantial personal financial risk. we will try to get sponsors on board and hopefully doing so we will be able to use ticket sales only for the event itself.  

http://bitsofproof.com/
Activity: 756
Merit: 1000
Will the spending of the money be transparent guys? We are now talking about a lot of money and I couldn't find anywhere reference to how the money will be spent. Is it a non profit event or are you guys taking a cut? I don't begrudge that at all just interested. I'm sure others are too.
legendary
+1, count me in.

And agree, Berlin is way cooler than Frankfurt.

Which is perhaps reason why we should reserve Berlin for the $2500 party (i.e. next summer).

That'd be just about a week later then... don't stress me out dude.  Angry

get used to it: your live will be one great party from now on  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007
+1, count me in.

Which is perhaps reason why we should reserve Berlin for the $2500 party (i.e. next summer).

That'd be just about a week later then... don't stress me out dude.  Angry
Activity: 488
Merit: 250
S P 8 D E
count me in please  Cool
legendary
<40$ to go

lol, i thought you´re predicting sub 40ies soon.  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
Monero Evangelist
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005
this space intentionally left blank
Just adding a vote for Frankfurt here. Besides a mild dislike of Berlin, Frankfurt just makes more sense from a PR perspective. If we go with Berlin it will just be "buncha newly rich guys boozing it up". But Frankfurt has the economic angle.

+1

as a Berliner, I can party here any day, so FF/M it is!
Activity: 433
Merit: 250
I'm in add me to list
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Just adding a vote for Frankfurt here. Besides a mild dislike of Berlin, Frankfurt just makes more sense from a PR perspective. If we go with Berlin it will just be "buncha newly rich guys boozing it up". But Frankfurt has the economic angle.

Nah. Berlin is the way to go. Much cooler. The party is waaaaaay better. "The economic angle" can go to hell Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Get me on that list!  Grin
Activity: 288
Merit: 251
+1, count me in.

KFR
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Per ardua ad luna
Berlin would be much cooler than Frankfurt IMHO.  I mean Frankfurt makes a whole lotta sense but Berlin's... Berlin. Cool
legendary
850 k ... i heard about your prius before, but i didn´t know you had purchased one with a body made of pure gold  Wink

(it was at one of those bitcoin meetups when i mentioned i was thinking to buy a car and pay with bitcoins. someone warned me intensively giving your story as an example.)

Yep. It was exactly BTC1,000 BTC, spend when bitcoins jumped from $10 all the way to over $22, and I thought it was a bubble I should get out of while I can. The nice round number makes tracking the cost of my car rather easy Cheesy

Also, nice to hear my Prius is that well known. I should take some new pictures of it, since I put an extra $1,000 into it to pimp it up a bit  Grin

man, i am struggling sooooo hard to reach 1000 btc. almost impossible.  i guess i rather buy a prius also and just pretend it´s worth 1 k btc

and yes, your prius is well known when people in heidelberg or frankfurt meet and talk about btc and cars. you served the community   Wink
Pages:
Jump to: