Pages:
Author

Topic: announcement: the international "when-bitcoin-reaches 1000,- $ party" - page 58. (Read 309874 times)

donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
Activity: 330
Merit: 252
NEIN, ICH BIN DER BITCOIN!
I'm thinking sometime before I go grey maybe April 2014.
 More likely Sept/Oct. 2014

I could live with that! So i've got a little more time to do the organisation of this "huge" event!
legendary
Activity: 1014
Merit: 1003
VIS ET LIBERTAS
 More likely Sept/Oct. 2014

legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106
Sounds great, though maybe $10k is a better milestone... Smiley

One step at a time  Wink

sir, r u coming ?

Unfortunately it's too far for me  Undecided

too far in what sense ? easter islands ? Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
legendary
Aren't we putting the cart before the horse a little here? It's nowhere near $1000.

c´mon, that´s not even 10-fold...   Grin

for something that has risen from a few cents to half a dollar and then over one dollar, to several dollars and finally over ten dollars... no ...currently around 150...  10-fold is an easy dance.
Activity: 406
Merit: 286
Neptune, Scalable Privacy
Aren't we putting the cart before the horse a little here? It's nowhere near $1000.

This is why I believe that bitcoins will become extremely valuable: The price of bitcoins should rise linearly with the amount (value) of goods traded in bitcoins as explained here:
How to value a currency

And since Bitcoin is smarter than traditional currency and banking systems, the amount of goods traded in bitcoins should rise substantially.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015
legendary

i see we share a vision here  Cool

ty

welcome Adrian-x, steelboy and Sword Smith ! how long will it take for us to meet ?
We will meet before 2015. Of that, I have little doubt.

+1

ty

welcome Adrian-x, steelboy and Sword Smith ! how long will it take for us to meet ?
We will meet before 2015. Of that, I have little doubt.
legendary
2 XBT for a flight to Frankfort and a raging party with expensive cognac good beer, and extra ordinary company, who could say no. that's 57.38% less than I paid for a 1XBT brass coin in 2011.

ty

Activity: 756
I am 100% involved  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1372
2 XBT for a flight to Frankfort and a raging party with expensive cognac good beer, and extra ordinary company, who could say no. that's 57.38% less than I paid for a 1XBT brass coin in 2011.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
sounds really great...fb group is a great idea  Tongue
i see you reasoning. when bitcoiners travel to another city it would indeed be nice to have locations they can go to and pay with bitcoin. berlin is way ahaed, i admit.

i will bring this up to the frankfurt bitcoin community and maybe we can turn this into a challenge: boost frankfurts bitcoin infrastructure for the 1k bitcoin party...

what is needed ?

-hotels
-taxis
-bars
-restaurants

there will be some kind of admission for the event itself but only to cover costs; everything will be for free at the party.

Hi friends, hi my brother,

i think this idea is great.

i would like to recommend you guys something for the organization of the Party!

- everyone who want´s to join the party is paying now 1 BTC to an special 1.000 $ Party BTC adress, to proof he will join it. You can have it back for sure if you can´t
   come ore need your money.
- i build an orga-team to manage everything, frankfurt/stuttgart bitcoiners and who wants to join and help
- transparent actions, documented here in the forum or FB-Group or whatever
- all together decide how much we/i getting payed for organisation

if you guys agree, i will open i hidden group on FB  the international "when-bitcoin-reaches 1000,- $ party" the next days.

What you think?!
cheech300
legendary
Close from Poland -> Count me in.

More important question is: What happens if someone organizes the party, and then price crashes to $500? Wink

we party only half way through the night ?
or only with half priced hookers ?
I'm up for a party anywhere on the globe if it hits $1000  Cool
Hey bcdev,

Wich Part of poland? Moja Zona jest popolsku. She is from the deep East/South 15 km to the ukraininan border
legendary
i see you reasoning. when bitcoiners travel to another city it would indeed be nice to have locations they can go to and pay with bitcoin. berlin is way ahaed, i admit.

i will bring this up to the frankfurt bitcoin community and maybe we can turn this into a challenge: boost frankfurts bitcoin infrastructure for the 1k bitcoin party...

what is needed ?

-hotels
-taxis
-bars
-restaurants

there will be some kind of admission for the event itself but only to cover costs; everything will be for free at the party.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
you should do two parties here, one on a Friday in Frankfurt & one on a Saturday in Berlin Smiley In Berlin there's few more places that take Bitcoin. I'm about an hour and half away from Frankfurt so I'll be there. But I don't know anywhere in Frankfurt where you can spend Bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: