Pages:
Author

Topic: announcement: the international "when-bitcoin-reaches 1000,- $ party" - page 55. (Read 309874 times)

legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106
welcome doyourduty, edd, BitshireHashaway, Rockford, dexX7, Cablez, gandhibt and gmannn

feels good to gain momentum, thx

@david: +1 for your enthusiasm, let´s keep this one to frankfurt. there will be a 10 k, 100 k and 1 mio parties after this one  Cheesy
@rassah: awesome idea, i vote for carribean or indian ocean
@molecular: since the budget will be rather grand, i will check out the latest sky projection gear  Wink.   having several parties at several parts of the world would surely be nice; but it will be hard to synchronize, since timing is anyway a difficult issue

Is Frankfurt settled then? I thought Berlin was an option and with the extra BTC infrastructure sounded like a very good one.

i favour frankfurt, but i´m no dictator (yet) Wink   it will be so much easier to get it done in frankfurt since the orga-team is located in the rhine-main area. since your point is valid i guess we will have a vote as soon as 50 or 100 people have paid. (ticket sale hasn´t started yet, reservations via this thread)
Activity: 376
Merit: 312
Can you say... nighty-night?
nice idea, and the location 's close to me Smiley

what about black jack and hookers?

no, seriously, at the moment we're gathering ideas?

something like a zeppelin or hot air ballon showing a btcticker/btc related stuff would be cool

any dress code? ^.-
Activity: 54
Merit: 4
Activity: 756
Merit: 1000
welcome doyourduty, edd, BitshireHashaway, Rockford, dexX7, Cablez, gandhibt and gmannn

@david: +1 for your enthusiasm, let´s keep this one to frankfurt. there will be a 10 k, 100 k and 1 mio parties after this one  Cheesy
@molecular: since the budget will be rather grand, i will check out the latest sky projection gear  Wink.   having several parties at several parts of the world would surely be nice; but it will be hard to synchronize, since timing is anyway a difficult issue

Is Frankfurt settled then? I thought Berlin was an option and with the extra BTC infrastructure sounded like a very good one.
legendary
welcome Ivanhoe, kehtolo, arklan and rpietila !!

legendary

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
Many of the ideas make me smile from peaceful satisfaction.
Activity: 756
I'll go.  Gonna need an appropriate wardrobe if it ever happens, any sharp dressers here willing to consult me for a fair fee?

My friends a london based tailor that i have been working on getting him to accept bitcoins. If the price keeps going up like it has been i dont think it will be too long before he does. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008
put me down for 2!

and let's put off the mega rocket until the new year at least, eh?
Activity: 707
Merit: 500
I LOVE!! this idea.. Count me in!!! See ya in Frankfurt next May  Tongue
Activity: 841
Close to my home, so count me in.
Activity: 148
Merit: 100
I'll go.  Gonna need an appropriate wardrobe if it ever happens, any sharp dressers here willing to consult me for a fair fee?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Heh, gandhis in and im in Spain over the winter so that's pretty close.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
I guess for the $10,000 party, we just buy an island outright?

and for the $1,000,000 party, we just buy germany.
donator
I asked my sister, who's a practicing attorney and been hosting fundraisers for over a decade, to help throw together a potential prospectus for the party. She's already sourced some great venues, one specifically in Berlin (http://www.adagio.de/index_start.php). She needed help narrowing down potential sites, so I told her Japan or Germany makes the most sense to me due to Bitcoin's history. I told her to find an old bank or vault if possible that could accommodate 1,000 people including dance floor and place to eat...

She's already crack'n away.

I really like the Frankfurt-idea. Dancing on top of the bankers heads.
donator
I'll go if there is one in Tokyo. But Frankfurt I'm not so sure about.

Maybe we can have one in Asia, one in Europe and one in America?

I see how it'd be cool to have only one, but it'll surely reduce the number of people who will be coming.

That way the media can say: "those rich nerds had parties all over the world as bitcoin has reached $1000 per unit"
donator
So I really should not be wasting my time doing this, but I got tired of email for a minute. With cursory googling I came up with a few ideas.

Daft Punk + Modest Mouse + outkast or wiz khalifa =                                                   <$200,000
$150 per person catering and $250 per person alcohol (top shelf only of course!)=          $400,000
Super sick world class venue, like in a castle or top of a famous sky scraper=                 <$150,000

This would leave us with $250,000 for ice sculptures, chocolate waterfalls (mean literally), a burning man version of Satoshi, disgusting fireworks.. Haha just throwing ideas out there..

Nice ideas! We keep collecting em! We offer you guys a framework of our idea! And then the Community will vote for several things we don't want to decide by ourselve....

It always puts a Big smile into my face when i think about the party!

cheech300

Cool ideas. Especiall like the rooftop and fireworks. Can we project a bitcoin onto the sky somehow? Or do it with fireworks?
legendary
Activity: 1400
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
A party for $1000 sounds like a grand idea.  It would be a good 'I told you so' to the wife.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

I like the way you think! Grin

Count me in.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
Pages:
Jump to: