Pages:
Author

Topic: Announcing BPIP - The Bitcointalk Public Information Project! - page 9. (Read 33658 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1489
I forgot more than you will ever know.
When checking some information about some account with some suspicious activity yesterday on BPIP, I did notice that all i could see in the Security/modlog section was a "woke up" note
But when Alanst then came in and said that the account had changed an email some time in July 2017.

Which brings me to the question, Is there some missing info on accounts that had modlog changes before BPIP came into existence or it's just a small glitch?

BPIP wasn't saving seclogs back then. And since there is no "full extract" of seclogs available, they go back only as long as bpip or LoyceV or whoever is actually tracking these seclog events.
copper member
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1809
฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.
When checking some information about some account with some suspicious activity yesterday on BPIP, I did notice that all i could see in the Security/modlog section was a "woke up" note
But when Alanst then came in and said that the account had changed an email some time in July 2017.

Which brings me to the question, Is there some missing info on accounts that had modlog changes before BPIP came into existence or it's just a small glitch?

I think we have another problem.
Home page loads very well but when one tries to check a profile, they get this error. i believe it's not only me experiencing this.

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
Your list was a CSV, but it had commas in the title, so i couldn't use it.  Try tab delimited.
If you still need it, I can change that. I just read it as "everything before" or "everything after" the first ":".

I did write all my parsers from scratch you know
Me too, and I'm still not using anything else Smiley
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
I have found that bug being due to the couple min difference between my sql server time and bitcointalk time when "Today at" is parsed.
Wasn't the list with just postID and title easier to parse?

No, I'm talking my real time parser, not rebuilding lists.  Your list was a CSV, but it had commas in the title, so i couldn't use it.  Try tab delimited.

And no, I wasn't talking about duplicate merits.  I think it was you pointed out there were two records of something same exact time, but different days.

I create a new list weekly, based on the full Merit data dump (it's 89 MB (http://loyce.club/Merit/merit.html) by now). It shouldn't be messed up.

I'll try my new "emergency recovery" script on that data, to see if the error was in your data, or (most probably) my parsing.

I did write all my parsers from scratch you know -- only recently have I started using xPath.  Smiley
legendary
Did you mess with theymos' data (human readable format, including usernames and post titles) (currently 35 MB)?
I create a new list weekly, based on the full Merit data dump (it's 89 MB by now). It shouldn't be messed up.

I have found that bug being due to the couple min difference between my sql server time and bitcointalk time when "Today at" is parsed.
Wasn't the list with just postID and title easier to parse?
Vod
legendary
Something got messed up, see https://bpip.org/smerit.aspx?to=LoyceV and search for "(history" (without quotes). It doesn't show the topic title, and links to http://loyce.club/Merit/history/557989.html instead of the post.

That's odd!

Did you mess with theymos' data (human readable format, including usernames and post titles) (currently 35 MB)?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/full-merit-transaction-history-for-any-user-now-with-graphs-4444830

I pulled the titles I was missing directly from that file!  Took me five hours to parse it.  :/

Edit:  I also remember you posting something about duplicate records at the same time but on different days - can't find it now.  Sad  I have found that bug being due to the couple min difference between my sql server time and bitcointalk time when "Today at" is parsed.

legendary
I did fix my merit issue, with help from LoyceV.   Smiley
Something got messed up, see https://bpip.org/smerit.aspx?to=LoyceV and search for "(history" (without quotes). It doesn't show the topic title, and links to http://loyce.club/Merit/history/557989.html instead of the post. Merit transactions from different users still link to BTCforJoe's Merit history on loyce.club.
Sample:
Image loading...
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1489
I forgot more than you will ever know.
I did fix my merit issue, with help from LoyceV.   Smiley

That's good news!

This issue has been lying around quite a while. Thanks LoyceV & Vod for tackling it down!
Vod
legendary
I did fix my merit issue, with help from LoyceV.   Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 2056
~ I also came across the same error a few times now, but as I understand from ibminer the changes are not over yet. Vod also mention that there are more changes coming soon i guess this is a side effect of the new implementations. ~

Thanks for the information. Everything is working. I also want to thank the guys for these useful tools. I often use some of them.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 3148
₿uy / $ell ..oeleo ;(
I do not know if you have finished updating your website or not... I thought it was important to let you know that "List of most merited posts for a certain time frame" does not work.

I also came across the same error a few times now, but as I understand from ibminer the changes are not over yet. Vod also mention that there are more changes coming soon i guess this is a side effect of the new implementations.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 2056
I do not know if you have finished updating your website or not... I thought it was important to let you know that "List of most merited posts for a certain time frame" does not work.

legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
Are you planning to launch plugin only for Chrome? As Firefox user I would love to see this plugin on Firefox. Don't force me to use Chrome Cheesy
And new theme with some new stuff added looks great, great job @ibminer and @Vod!
Apparently, you can use it on Firefox. See this:

Just a heads up, I tested the extension in Firefox, it seems to work well.
Easiest way to install (before I get it on the app store, which I will coordinate w/ Vod to do so):

Step 1. Go to "about:debugging#addons" in your browser
Step 2. Download the source above (https://github.com/Initscri/BPIP-Chrome-Extension/) and save it somewhere somewhat permanent (basically, don't keep it in your downloads. Move it somewhere safer)
Step 3. Check "Enable add-on debugging"
Step 4: Click the "Load Temporary Add-on..." button
Step 5: Browse to the location set in step 2, and select the 'manifest.json" file

After that, the plugin should work just like on Chrome.
I'll look into getting the plugin on the app store shortly, and will link to this post within the first post of this thread.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1338
Slava Ukraini!
And are people aware of the bpip chrome plugin....nobody talks about it  Roll Eyes

That's because we are releasing a new one within a month - it will show default trust scores and a banned/inactive/dt1/dt2 icon on each post in every section.

As well as some new features we will announce later.  Smiley
Are you planning to launch plugin only for Chrome? As Firefox user I would love to see this plugin on Firefox. Don't force me to use Chrome Cheesy
And new theme with some new stuff added looks great, great job @ibminer and @Vod!
Activity: 1498
Merit: 596
The new design looks very nice... Especially I liked the new "MATR" implementation.

Can you please make the search input mouse friendly? Currently it is keyboard friendly.
As you kept the autocomplete on, I use my name or others I used previously from the list with the mouse but can't confirm the search with mouse instead it needed a hit on the enter button on keyboard.

I want to suggest to add the staked address or the addresses posted in bitcointalk by the members in BPIP and with a little icon/text for "edited" (if edited).
It may help a lot, mostly for the bitcointalk detectives. They will be able to find all the addresses used by a member in one place without much efforts... Maybe there are more use cases.
Vod
legendary
And are people aware of the bpip chrome plugin....nobody talks about it  Roll Eyes

That's because we are releasing a new one within a month - it will show default trust scores and a banned/inactive/dt1/dt2 icon on each post in every section.

As well as some new features we will announce later.  Smiley
Activity: 893
Merit: 43
Random coins :)
Bpip reminds me of bctalkaccountpricer though this one is revamped with several useful tools and a much cleaner UI, hats off to the dev(s) !!

legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.
After the cool change, I wonder where can I find the mod/sec log history? Any indications that someone is banned  or changed his email/password recently?
I see the new stats for post deleted by mod, that's cool Smiley

The table is there but it is behind a panel that does not display if there is nothing to show. I think this is a change Vod made at some point because it looks like it is the only table that does this. It may also look a little different in the recent changes, if you see it, as it used to get dumped into one column as text and I had re-organized it into into multiple rows. I'm still seeing it show up on a few profiles that I know to have seclog changes.

Banned indication is coming, data is being captured (and would also show up in the sec/mog log table), but I need to finish an icon somewhat related to this before it is fully displayed the way it should be.

Maybe if you added a small link with a text "full merit history sent/received" or something like that, it would be much easier.

Congratulations for the website, and I saw many improvements in the interface/theme since my last visit.

Thank you!  There is the potential for a little info icon next to those numbers with a tooltip explaining, or it could just be added to the profile links "send a PM, visit profile, sent merit, received merit". Probably better as a button/link for mobile devices.
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 6089
bitcoindata.science
I would like to make a small suggestion.

I was looking for my full merit history and used your website. However it took me many minutes (using my phone) to discover that I needed to click the number of merit transactions to see the merit history (sent and received)

Maybe if you added a small link with a text "full merit history sent/received" or something like that, it would be much easier.

Congratulations for the website, and I saw many improvements in the interface/theme since my last visit.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 3148
₿uy / $ell ..oeleo ;(
No apologies necessary. I realized I was only 10 posts away, then I degraded myself to back-to-back posting just to try and catch up with my merit, embarrassing.. Embarrassed lol  so close!!  Grin

After the cool change, I wonder where can I find the mod/sec log history? Any indications that someone is banned  or changed his email/password recently?
I see the new stats for post deleted by mod, that's cool Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: