Pages:
Author

Topic: Announcing BPIP - The Bitcointalk Public Information Project! - page 8. (Read 33658 times)

Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
As I said in my post, it's not just the merits.

Sorry for not responding sooner.

The merit log is parsed every minute.   Activity is updated once per hour (can I decrease this?)  Trust on parse and recognition on change.

The ranks are recalculated every min as well, but only if needed.  So with merit not updating, the ranks would only update when something else changed.  
There are only five badges right now, but I want to add a sixth for DT status.  

No, I do not use any sub ranking because I don't know what best to rank on.  MSSQL cannot guarantee the order of non ranked columns, so your ranking may change as the ranking tables are updated.

legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2219
💲🏎️💨🚓
Still stuck on 187, while my account was supposedly parsed multiple times in the past 2 days.

I am also updating the merit parsing, so for the next few days the merit numbers will not be updated.  

He just said that merit number will not be updated in the next few days. Just be patient.

As I said in my post, it's not just the merits.
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 6089
bitcoindata.science
Still stuck on 187, while my account was supposedly parsed multiple times in the past 2 days.

I am also updating the merit parsing, so for the next few days the merit numbers will not be updated.  

He just said that merit number will not be updated in the next few days. Just be patient.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
Something might be wrong with the merit stats, mine haven't been updating for the last couple of days.

No biggie, just thought I'd mention it here Wink

edit: Sorry, I should really read the rest of the thread before posting
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2219
💲🏎️💨🚓
Hi Vod,

Apologies if these questions have been asked before.  Have just been looking around the BPIP - Are there a maximum of six shields obtainable?  

I can see users stats are advancing, however the rank shields don't seem to be changing.  Do they advance once a fortnight/week/day/other??? I've noticed my post count isn't advancing past 501st rank.  At 4,204 posts I should be in about 483rd position.  My most merited (211 merits) should put me in 275th position.  How that relates to most recognised will be interesting to see.

Seeing as I'm asking about the other shields/ranks... Is there a sub-ranking that assigns the order for an equal value for most activity (or any of the others for that matter), or, is it just a first registered first assigned basis?

Vod
legendary
I see now BPIP collects data for the sent/received feedback as well.  Any plans to make a feedback log list like "recent feedback sent" with possibility to arrange it by negative/positive/neutral?

Yes, I am collecting data on all the trust changes.  Just need time to build the reports.

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 3148
₿uy / $ell ..oeleo ;(
I see now BPIP collects data for the sent/received feedback as well.  Any plans to make a feedback log list like "recent feedback sent" with possibility to arrange it by negative/positive/neutral?
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392
Be a bank
The activity column is showing merit data, or something.
Love the site. Love the hover-y things now. Welcome back.

Thanks for pointing that out - copy/paste mistake I think.

ibminer is the one creating all the neat designs and theme selections.

I not not "back", as I have not finished my metamorphosis yet (makes sense to me) and I'm still not ready to deal with the amount of dishonesty and manipulation on this forum.   I'll just pop in every few days with a preset agenda, then disappear again.

(This reply was not on my agenda but you posted so fast I was still online to address it).

Sounds like a great way to deal. Wish you the best.

edit: already corrected, thx
Vod
legendary

Thanks for pointing that out - copy/paste mistake I think.

ibminer is the one creating all the neat designs and theme selections.

I not not "back", as I have not finished my metamorphosis yet (makes sense to me) and I'm still not ready to deal with the amount of dishonesty and manipulation on this forum.   I'll just pop in every few days with a preset agenda, then disappear again.

(This reply was not on my agenda but you posted so fast I was still online to address it).

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392
Be a bank
Vod
legendary
Hey Vod, it's me again
First of all I appreciate your efforts on keeping this site afloat.

This morning when I tried to search for a username, I got the compilation error again. Not sure how long it has been going on but i thought that I could alert you here.

Let me confirmed that, I wanted to search some names today because of thread by Coolcryptovator - Fake account.. This is just a head-ups. Grin

Made a change to the icons (show DT1 Inclusion Strength when you hover over to DT1 icon) just before bed last night, and I guess I missed the search page, which I just changed now.   Sorry.  Still, I need to rework the search since the database has changed considerably since it was written.

I'm going to add a page where one can report a bug and include any private info necessary without worrying they are announcing an exploit.  This will also stop the troubleshooting taking place in Project Development.  Smiley Look for a report icon on the page footer within the next week. 

Also, I will be adding a page showing how often different data is updated.  You can always see the website changes here:
https://bpip.org/changes.aspx
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
Hey Vod, it's me again

This morning when I tried to search for a username, I got the compilation error again. Not sure how long it has been going on but i thought that I could alert you here.

Let me confirmed that, I wanted to search some names today because of thread by Coolcryptovator - Fake account.. This is just a head-ups. Grin

copper member
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1809
฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.
Hey Vod, it's me again

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1338
Slava Ukraini!
This is a very good initiative and i says kudos. Is there any way that Avatar cab be shown immediately it is uploaded. I had an experience that the avatar I used does not updated for over 12hrs. It is normal or something can be done to improve the refreshing state?
How BPIP website nad your Bitcointalk avatar are related? You probably have to clean your browser cache if you don't see avatar for so long time after you change it.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 104
CitizenFinance.io
This is a very good initiative and i says kudos. Is there any way that Avatar cab be shown immediately it is uploaded. I had an experience that the avatar I used does not updated for over 12hrs. It is normal or something can be done to improve the refreshing state?
Activity: 1498
Merit: 596
Can you please make the search input mouse friendly? Currently it is keyboard friendly.
As you kept the autocomplete on, I use my name or others I used previously from the list with the mouse but can't confirm the search with mouse instead it needed a hit on the enter button on keyboard.
The new icon on the search should help with this. Keyboard can still be used as well.
Thanks mate! It works perfectly!  Smiley

Btw, how long will you remain leet? Haha, boobs at 8008? Let's see, I'm on my way. Probably it will take 1yr+ but I'm on my way.
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.
Banned indication is coming, data is being captured (and would also show up in the sec/mog log table), but I need to finish an icon somewhat related to this before it is fully displayed the way it should be.
--snip--Any indications that someone is banned--snip--
Banned icon is visible in lists - if you hadn't noticed yet.

Can you please make the search input mouse friendly? Currently it is keyboard friendly.
As you kept the autocomplete on, I use my name or others I used previously from the list with the mouse but can't confirm the search with mouse instead it needed a hit on the enter button on keyboard.
The new icon on the search should help with this. Keyboard can still be used as well.

(small bug exists with the neutral theme where you may see a flash of the techtro theme before it switches the theme to neutral - this is being worked on.)
This shouldn't be noticeable anymore, and I hope to have more theme options in the future.

^^ My 1337th post. I'm officially elite - lol! Cheesy  
John Parr - St. Elmo's Fire

Next stop... 8008 posts, and I fully expect to see "boob" instead of "leet" when I make it there.  Tongue

Thanks mate! It works perfectly!  Smiley

Btw, how long will you remain leet? Haha, boobs at 8008? Let's see, I'm on my way. Probably it will take 1yr+ but I'm on my way.
Well, if you're referring to the "leet" text in my posts count, that will go away on my next post... thus why I am answering your question via an edit - I have to leave it there for at least a day. Grin
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1530
I ran into an exception on BPIP today. Not sure if it is an exploitable bug. I pm'ed you the details.
Vod
legendary
I did fix my merit issue, with help from LoyceV.   Smiley
Something got messed up, see https://bpip.org/smerit.aspx?to=LoyceV and search for "(history" (without quotes).

All fixed now.  It was my parsing issue...

For some reason I have to remove all \n and \t from the file before parsing, even though I can't see them in the file.  :/

Vod
legendary
I think we have another problem.
Home page loads very well but when one tries to check a profile, they get this error. i believe it's not only me experiencing this.

For no reason, other than annoying me when I am entertaining guests, the SQL server just stopped responding to requests!  Sad

No changes, no CPU or memory usage... just refused to work. 

Once I got the alarm from a third party monitoring service, a reboot fixed the problem.  Sorry.
Pages:
Jump to: