Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ParkByte][PKB][Electrum] Pure POS - page 50. (Read 109869 times)

Activity: 217
Merit: 125
IMPORTANT

I have noticed something, you may like it or you may not, but it is what it is and it will change the POW phase.

As I previously said in one of the previous posts POW will end at block 89000, we are currently on block 39046 with 3.6million PKB in supply.

Because of the POS blocks we have now mined 1.6m PKB mined in 39k blocks, guesstimating this would give us the following: 1.6m * 2.2 = ~3.5m (a new estimated 5.5m POW supply, before burning the premine to 20%)

As I said in previous posts, we won't be forking the coin to manipulate the coin supply but I will obviously burn the premine down to 20% of the actual total POW coins to keep that inline with the original plan.

I would therefore say we are around 45% the way through POW ...

Thoughts?  Embarrassed

So basically because of the amount of staking, POW is going by faster than you anticipated and we should end up with less coins in total than you originally estimated? Since there will less coins in total (due to shorted POW) and the original premine was based on a percentage of the estimated total coins, you will burn the extra coins due to smaller supply in order to maintain your original premine percentage?

If i'm understanding correctly, I'm totally fine with your plan you. It seems you are just pointing out that the premine will be a larger percentage due to smaller total supply, so in an effort to remain transparent and fair, you are going to burn the extra coins so that the original premine percentage matches the acutal total supply.

Yes that is correct. I posted this shortly after discussing this with the dev who coded the coin so it doesn't come as a suprise to everyone and to remain as transparent as possible.

Looking at CryptoID explorer POS has taken 73% of the last 1000 blocks, it could slow down but personally I do not think it will.

I appreciate the openness, and im sure many others in the community do as well. It actually speaks a lot about your team that even without any pressure from the community, you guys already had plans to burn the extra coins. Many other coins have had similar situations with premines and chose not to do the honorable thing, so much appreciated Smiley I think it shows that your team isn't here for the quick profit, which really does help build some trust.

Also don't think POS blocks will slow down either Wink I know at least for me, i'm just trying to catch more dumps on yobit and send them to my wallet to stake!

Thanks, I wasn't sure how it would go down and do expect some complaints to follow but it is best to get any potential problems out there as soon as possible and deal with them.
Activity: 179
Merit: 100
Fighter of the Dayman
IMPORTANT

I have noticed something, you may like it or you may not, but it is what it is and it will change the POW phase.

As I previously said in one of the previous posts POW will end at block 89000, we are currently on block 39046 with 3.6million PKB in supply.

Because of the POS blocks we have now mined 1.6m PKB mined in 39k blocks, guesstimating this would give us the following: 1.6m * 2.2 = ~3.5m (a new estimated 5.5m POW supply, before burning the premine to 20%)

As I said in previous posts, we won't be forking the coin to manipulate the coin supply but I will obviously burn the premine down to 20% of the actual total POW coins to keep that inline with the original plan.

Thoughts?  Embarrassed

So basically because of the amount of staking, POW is going by faster than you anticipated and we should end up with less coins in total than you originally estimated? Since there will less coins in total (due to shorted POW) and the original premine was based on a percentage of the estimated total coins, you will burn the extra coins due to smaller supply in order to maintain your original premine percentage?

If i'm understanding correctly, I'm totally fine with your plan you. It seems you are just pointing out that the premine will be a larger percentage due to smaller total supply, so in an effort to remain transparent and fair, you are going to burn the extra coins so that the original premine percentage matches the acutal total supply.

Yes that is correct. I posted this shortly after discussing this with the dev who coded the coin so it doesn't come as a suprise to everyone and to remain as transparent as possible.

Looking at CryptoID explorer POS has taken 73% of the last 1000 blocks, it could slow down but personally I do not think it will.

I appreciate the openness, and im sure many others in the community do as well. It actually speaks a lot about your team that even without any pressure from the community, you guys already had plans to burn the extra coins. Many other coins have had similar situations with premines and chose not to do the honorable thing, so much appreciated Smiley I think it shows that your team isn't here for the quick profit, which really does help build some trust.

Also don't think POS blocks will slow down either Wink I know at least for me, i'm just trying to catch more dumps on yobit and send them to my wallet to stake!
IMPORTANT

Thoughts?  Embarrassed

Activity: 179
Merit: 100
Fighter of the Dayman
IMPORTANT

Thoughts?  Embarrassed

If i'm understanding correctly, I'm totally fine with your plan you. It seems you are just pointing out that the premine will be a larger percentage due to smaller total supply, so in an effort to remain transparent and fair, you are going to burn the extra coins so that the original premine percentage matches the acutal total supply. If so, cool with me Smiley

IMPORTANT

Thoughts?  Embarrassed
Activity: 827
Merit: 1000
Twitter: @bitcoin_dad
Price predictions anyone?

After mining we should have about 10m outstanding. Really just depends on the development, and progess. Looks like a lot of stuff to be updated and rolled out closer to the ending of POW which could be a good boost in price. I don't think a few thousand satoshi is out of the question.
RT https://twitter.com/bitcoin_dad/status/599660240842334209

Still alot of mining left but a push for ccex or trex wouldnt be bad

Agreed, it would be nice to see PKB @ C-Cex and or Bittrex, there does seem to be a fair bit of support in that buy wall today at yobit.

However, it is still early days with ~50days and ~6.5m coins remaining in POW.

Bittrex have said they would basically like me to hype the coin before they consider adding it, but hyping a coin with a 2million premine will just sound like I want to dump, I won't be doing that so I guess PKB will continue to fly under the radar until its day comes.

We gauge demand based off of tweets, hash power, length of bitcointalk thread, volume on other exchanges, etc. Follow us on twitter @bittrexexchange and tweet about how much you like this coin and Bittrex. We respond to creative and insightful posts to help market your favorite coins and Bittrex.

For those who would like a small update and didn't see it on other sites here is a quick video of the basic app in action https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpOS8Ye5rqk plus a screenshot of the basic operator admin console

Thanks for the update..

Agreed no rush to larger exchanges still a long way to go with mining and development. Good to see interest on yobit in meantime.

I have had no issues with connections, have been strong since I downloaded the wallet and staking just fine.
It looks like the seednode hosting the explorer crashed for a short time over night, all looks fine now.

I am currently reindexing the old explorer and I have now paid for PKB to be listed on CryptoID https://chainz.cryptoid.info/pkb/
If you  are having issues connecting I have made a list of nodes my wallet is connected to

addnode=195.154.162.140
addnode=144.76.238.2
addnode=108.61.10.90
addnode=94.23.32.109
addnode=84.250.15.7
addnode=71.239.145.217
addnode=37.59.18.108
addnode=212.250.159.189
addnode=167.114.59.55
addnode=192.99.74.115
addnode=24.242.34.193
addnode=173.199.65.42
addnode=134.3.41.70
addnode=192.99.0.112
addnode=76.90.105.71
addnode=192.241.252.210
addnode=73.170.87.210
addnode=107.130.201.180
addnode=[2001:0:9d38:6abd:2478:f8a8:a0a4:35b3]
addnode=95.91.202.76
addnode=31.181.211.137
addnode=108.204.67.22
addnode=73.142.206.88
addnode=84.92.49.138
addnode=24.21.89.229
addnode=75.130.163.51
addnode=108.40.13.187
addnode=31.204.96.88
addnode=70.179.37.176
addnode=123.57.145.92
addnode=120.146.238.104
addnode=198.50.147.234
addnode=171.99.179.69
Is it just me that the wallet has 0 active connection to the network?

My wallet seems to be working fine and so does the one running the explorer with around 30 connections, are you still having issues?
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
same here is there a new config for the wallet?
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
Is it just me that the wallet has 0 active connection to the network?
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Price predictions anyone?
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
So what exactly is being done with the premine? Is there an address so people can see that the premine is still there?

Nothing at the moment, it is sitting in 4 cold wallets, addresses on OP....

PREMINE ADDRESSES (500k IN EACH)
PJKXPSsTfVHYY7N8MHuL9ADhAf3GN6o4wG
PWmTEu9Zo2Zt8qP52Tc7vgo2S3bWjjf7Vc
PGSQCZmNzvK3ivwb6D34asA4EcFsDxcYiB
PWiU7CM9xPkjU3ewxeTd81J4gpbrZqVA4r

It will be used later down the road to aid with development and adoption
Good to see the transparency with the premine Dev Smiley That makes it a lot easier to see this as an investment instead of a pump and dump scheme like most people accuse coins of being nowadays Smiley
So what exactly is being done with the premine? Is there an address so people can see that the premine is still there?

Nothing at the moment, it is sitting in 4 cold wallets, addresses on OP....

PREMINE ADDRESSES (500k IN EACH)
PJKXPSsTfVHYY7N8MHuL9ADhAf3GN6o4wG
PWmTEu9Zo2Zt8qP52Tc7vgo2S3bWjjf7Vc
PGSQCZmNzvK3ivwb6D34asA4EcFsDxcYiB
PWiU7CM9xPkjU3ewxeTd81J4gpbrZqVA4r

It will be used later down the road to aid with development and adoption
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

Agreed, it would be nice to see PKB @ C-Cex and or Bittrex, there does seem to be a fair bit of support in that buy wall today at yobit.

However, it is still early days with ~50days and ~6.5m coins remaining in POW.

Bittrex have said they would basically like me to hype the coin before they consider adding it, but hyping a coin with a 2million premine will just sound like I want to dump, I won't be doing that so I guess PKB will continue to fly under the radar until its day comes.

We gauge demand based off of tweets, hash power, length of bitcointalk thread, volume on other exchanges, etc. Follow us on twitter @bittrexexchange and tweet about how much you like this coin and Bittrex. We respond to creative and insightful posts to help market your favorite coins and Bittrex.

For those who would like a small update and didn't see it on other sites here is a quick video of the basic app in action https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpOS8Ye5rqk plus a screenshot of the basic operator admin console

Parkbyte, help me understand whats going on here with these wallets.
the top 4 wallets that received coins are not on the top 100 balance wallets. any idea what they are? wallet address PBwLX7Ho79kHS8F96XJbFpyfsGNfMubCdt is constantly minting. i see the 4 wallets with the premine at the top spots on balance but at 5-8 on the received coins spots.

Addresses that receive a lot of coins but don't keep a high balance are typically large miners, pools, or exchanges. For those addresses at the top of the received list that don't fall into those categories, a quick inspection of the transaction history on those addresses shows they came from holding/transferring the premine when it was split into the 4 addresses where it's currently held.
ok thank you for the explanation.

Yes, as ipominer says these were the premine and premine change addresses.

the Cdt address must be a pool/exchange/user

Activity: 560
Merit: 504
I know the voices in my head aren't real.
Parkbyte, help me understand whats going on here with these wallets.
the top 4 wallets that received coins are not on the top 100 balance wallets. any idea what they are? wallet address PBwLX7Ho79kHS8F96XJbFpyfsGNfMubCdt is constantly minting. i see the 4 wallets with the premine at the top spots on balance but at 5-8 on the received coins spots.

Addresses that receive a lot of coins but don't keep a high balance are typically large miners, pools, or exchanges. For those addresses at the top of the received list that don't fall into those categories, a quick inspection of the transaction history on those addresses shows they came from holding/transferring the premine when it was split into the 4 addresses where it's currently held.
ok thank you for the explanation.
Pages:
Jump to: