Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][PHS][50% PoS ONLY!] PhilosopherStones | ACTIVE Dev! | ~64% Yearly | - page 13. (Read 69711 times)

Activity: 954
Merit: 104
ludenaprotocol.io
Thanks for the reco .pacman - the coin is over 4 years old in fact Shocked

PHS is a great 3 year old project.

I recommended it to the TALK list.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.23119037
ludenaprotocol.io
I'm a bit slow...

This is very nice work VladK!

Crypt0kid - this thread is not a pump group nor an financial consultancy.
Activity: 163
Merit: 13
PHS is a great 3 year old project.

I recommended it to the TALK list.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.23119037
Activity: 476
Merit: 105
Hi,
This looks like a really interesting coin. Is it worth investing in? What type of growth lies ahead for it?
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
This is the best coin
Activity: 73
Merit: 11
Sweet.  But I'd rather wait 20% longer for the wallet to start than sacrifice some security. Grin

Bootstrap file in GitHub is tested. It's still better option than download entire blockchain from somebody else, like some people do.

And of course everybody can just sync from scratch without any bootstrapping.  PHS blockchain is not very long.

But I'm sure that fast and easy bootstrapping is very important for new users.

You don't need to redownload blockchain, when upgrading from previous version, anyway.
New version is out.
You can check changes in the source code on GitHub - https://github.com/VladK75/philosopherstone
Binaries and new bootstrap here - https://github.com/VladK75/philosopherstone/releases/tag/v1.6.6.7

Unfortunately no fancy graphics for now.

This release adds two reward halving in Sept 2019 and Sept 2021, and allows longer transaction messages to be compatible with modern version of Florincoin.

Aside form these the release is intended more for the new users. It has DNS seeds and is looking for bootstrap file in the same folder with the client.

I also speed up bootstrapping for about 20%, but it is less secure now. Do not use bootstrap file from untrusted source.

To avoid hard fork everybody should use descenders of this release before first halving. But it will be in two years.
Had to tick the "Display coin control features" in Settings - Options - Display first  Grin

I hadn't done that as it says 'experts only' which I'm not lol.

Ok, I will change this in new version of the client.
Activity: 133
Merit: 10
Had to tick the "Display coin control features" in Settings - Options - Display first  Grin

I hadn't done that as it says 'experts only' which I'm not lol.

Never sent coins with a message before, how do you do that?

Huh

"Transaction comment" is above Coin Control Features label in the Send window.
It could be about 127 characters long and plain Latin letters only for now.
We will support longer UTF-8 messages later.
Activity: 186
Merit: 120
post history is my own and doesn't represent other
the REAL question is WHY someone would leave 46K PHS on an exchange's server, instead of minting them Shocked
all the PoS profit goes to the exchange!
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Why we dont see any pump on this coin?
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

STAKE COINS swap project.
You stake TALK. We stake your coin.
Why?
More nodes the better!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.21126767

Either way stop by and promote your POS coin.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Four years has gone and it's time to make decision about PHS future POS rewards.
We can't keep 50% rate forever.

My suggestion is to half reward every two years from now. This mean 25% in 2019, 12,5% in 2021, 6% in 2023 and
3% in 2025 and will keep 3% forever. With burning transaction fees we will have very small inflation.
I want to put these rules in code as soon as possible and advertise PHS as such. But in fact
everybody should upgrade to new version only before first halving in 2019.

I need to know would people that hold major share of PHS support this change.

You can use Philosopher Stones Community Channel http://philosopherstones.org/channel
to voice your opinion.

Send minimum amount of 0.01 PHS to address 9oPhiLosopherStonesChanneLn1yVRwQh
with your message. it will appear on the site alone with your sender address,
as soon as your transaction would be added to a block.

Thus we would be able to know opinions of owners of big holdings without disturbing their privacy.

I believe 3% is definitely too low, it's even lower than offline fiat inflation.
Majority of POS community could lose interest in PHS with such a low rate.
If stop halving at 12.5% it would be low inflation and still enough reward to motivate people to hold PHS and stake.

I agree with the 12.5% being the bottom.  When 2021 rolls around, inflation and interest rates world wide will be higher and 12.5% will be still attractive for big money.  Maybe we cap the total amount of coins.  Once it hits that total amount, then POS minting can just stop on all wallets.  Having an unlimited supply is not attractive to investors, but to have a total max lifetime limit of 21 million (like bitcoin) or lower is very attractive.  
Activity: 48
Merit: 1
Four years has gone and it's time to make decision about PHS future POS rewards.

My suggestion is to half reward every two years from now. This mean 25% in 2019, 12,5% in 2021, 6% in 2023 and
3% in 2025 and will keep 3% forever. With burning transaction fees we will have very small inflation.
I want to put these rules in code as soon as possible and advertise PHS as such. But in fact

You can use Philosopher Stones Community Channel http://philosopherstones.org/channel
to voice your opinion.

Thus we would be able to know opinions of owners of big holdings without disturbing their privacy.

I believe 3% is definitely too low, it's even lower than offline fiat inflation.
Majority of POS community could lose interest in PHS with such a low rate.
If stop halving at 12.5% it would be low inflation and still enough reward to motivate people to hold PHS and stake.

Huh

"Transaction comment" is above Coin Control Features label in the Send window.
It could be about 127 characters long and plain Latin letters only for now.
We will support longer UTF-8 messages later.
ludenaprotocol.io
Happy birthday PHS!

Making hodl feel good since July 28, 2013  Roll Eyes
Activity: 133
Merit: 10

Huh

to voice your opinion.

to voice your opinion.

Activity: 700
Merit: 100
old old coin and still alive
Activity: 186
Merit: 120
post history is my own and doesn't represent other
DrKool you are RIGHT! Thanks for your motivational words.
I have hesitated in coming out with the new client because I am trying to get all the imagery sorted and consistent with the wallet and website. I have let the ball drop while waiting for a certain talented artist to get back with me about the rendering of the stone on which to base much of the colors and artwork around. That horrid blue coin needs to be replaced and retired. That and the sigil in the background needs to be replaced as well. It is imperative to me that the upgrade looks like a step forward, with original artwork instead of borrowed graphics.
Interestingly enough, when I dumped 80k onto the exchange it seems to have livened things up in here. As more people have become active on this and the discord room. However, I am all about ONLY buying and holding until the price gets to at least $5
At that point the entire crypto cap would need to be 10x as big, because I do not see phs getting in the top 10. However, after we re-ann with the new client and website and updated supply our marketcap will be twice as big, and we will not be listed around 600th anymore.

In order to generate more interest in this altcoin, perhaps we could all take it upon ourselves to make it more liquid by listing things to buy and sell on Cyptopia or on our own website. Listings there are without fee from my understanding. Here is an example. https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/MarketItem/5416
Pages:
Jump to: