Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][PHS][50% PoS ONLY!] PhilosopherStones | ACTIVE Dev! | ~64% Yearly | - page 15. (Read 69711 times)

Activity: 73
Merit: 11
I've started new web site dedicated to PHS - http://philosopherstones.org

Now it has general information and custom build block explorer and reach list. Currently I'm working on public API and web wallet.
After that I'm going to implement services that store information in PHS block chain as transaction messages. Project Alexandria
(http://alexandria.io) as example. It could be easily ported to PHS blockchain because PHS based on Florincoin.

If you find any bugs or mistakes or have ideas and suggestion, please send me PM.
Activity: 271
Merit: 250
50% POS is a huge inflation..

May 2014 - 2000662 PHS
May 2015 - 2717268 PHS
May 2016 - 3805420 PHS
May 2017 - 5183105 PHS

Of course POS rate should be lowered somewhere in 2018-2020. But for now, when only few people use PHS it doesn't matter much.

i like this coin. Think it need a new dev team who creates a wallet with all modern features ( less interest, segwitt, light wallets, etc)
Think this needs a hard fork, by following swapping periode from every swap amount can go maybe 10% to a new dev fonds for paying this progress

May 2014 - 2000662 PHS
May 2015 - 2717268 PHS
May 2016 - 3805420 PHS
May 2017 - 5183105 PHS

Of course POS rate should be lowered somewhere in 2018-2020. But for now, when only few people use PHS it doesn't matter much.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1013
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
This coin looks may look undead, but if you read previous posts, you will see that the community is keeping this thing alive. We do have access to a Senior level crypto Dev, but not one on staff (so to speak). There are a few of us working on the updates for the next chapter of this story with new graphics and a website. We have some accomplishments that need to be made before we go full RE-ANN (beginning of July). Most importantly of which is rebuilding the wallet with working buttons and updated checkpoints. We are developing immediate and long-term goals for this project in our discord chat: phs.im
Please join us there Cheesy thnx

That is interesting news. I hope it can make a comeback I like the old POS coins. I like the name of it too. Shame PD didn't keep it relevant adding desired features etc. However it does still function fine and syncs up quite well.
Activity: 186
Merit: 120
post history is my own and doesn't represent other
This coin looks may look undead, but if you read previous posts, you will see that the community is keeping this thing alive. We do have access to a Senior level crypto Dev, but not one on staff (so to speak). There are a few of us working on the updates for the next chapter of this story with new graphics and a website. We have some accomplishments that need to be made before we go full RE-ANN (beginning of July). Most importantly of which is rebuilding the wallet with working buttons and updated checkpoints. We are developing immediate and long-term goals for this project in our discord chat: phs.im
Please join us there Cheesy thnx
old coin, fairly pow mined, still works well, good name

why is this one not prime for a reboot?

need to reduce inflation though really.

Minting is not inflation. it's generation of new coins. There are only 5kk coins now, so we can keep this rate for few more years. The main problem of PHS is that only few people control about a half of all coins and this people sit and wait for something and do absolutely nothing to support PHS. This is why Palm gone in the end. Keep yourself 50k PHS, it's still the whole one percent of all existing coins and sell or donate other coins to somebody who is willing to move this coin forward. While you keep coins and do nothing nothing happen.
Activity: 251
Merit: 250
So is this coin still alive?
legendary
old coin, fairly pow mined, still works well, good name

why is this one not prime for a reboot?

need to reduce inflation though really.

Activity: 133
Merit: 10
However these other ones that I received say "Minted" then "Cryptopia", this is why I assumed that they were minted when the stones I purchased were at the exchange.    Grin

No the payments you are talking about are actual stakes your program made on its own. As far as I know, no exchanges credit PoS interest, as that only happens on the individual wallet level. At some point, you most likely generated an address to withdraw from the exchange. When the program minted the new coins, it refers to the origin title. If you titled the deposit address as "anything" then your minted coins would have come from "anything."
At one point I sent myself my entire wallet in order to consolidate the interest payments. A tactic I would not attempt again, but the program knew that the transaction came from "self" and now most of my minting is titled "self" or "cryptopia"

That makes perfect sense, cheers  Grin
However these other ones that I received say "Minted" then "Cryptopia", this is why I assumed that they were minted when the stones I purchased were at the exchange.    Grin

No the payments you are talking about are actual stakes your program made on its own. As far as I know, no exchanges credit PoS interest, as that only happens on the individual wallet level. At some point, you most likely generated an address to withdraw from the exchange. When the program minted the new coins, it refers to the origin title. If you titled the deposit address as "anything" then your minted coins would have come from "anything."
At one point I sent myself my entire wallet in order to consolidate the interest payments. A tactic I would not attempt again, but the program knew that the transaction came from "self" and now most of my minting is titled "self" or "cryptopia"

I just received some stones (unexpectedly) from an exchange, should I leave the stones at the exchange so they are staking 24x7 (I'm guessing that's what's happening)?

Hi Muzzargh,
I don't think exchanges do stake POS coins.
Best would be to install the software and experience the value of PHS for yourself; its resilient design and active user group of stakers Smiley

Hi Sorrros,

I do have the software installed (assuming you mean the wallet?) and I have a few stones there.  I recently purchased some on Cryptopia then sent them to my wallet.  All the stones I purchased arrived at my wallet (sent and received reconcile exactly).  In my wallet history I see them as "Received with" then "Cryptopia", as I would expect.  However these other ones that I received say "Minted" then "Cryptopia", this is why I assumed that they were minted when the stones I purchased were at the exchange.    Grin
Activity: 954
Merit: 104
ludenaprotocol.io
I just received some stones (unexpectedly) from an exchange, should I leave the stones at the exchange so they are staking 24x7 (I'm guessing that's what's happening)?

Hi Muzzargh,
I don't think exchanges do stake POS coins.
Best would be to install the software and experience the value of PHS for yourself; its resilient design and active user group of stakers Smiley
Activity: 553
Merit: 500
Solo Miner Legend
I just opened my wallet, to see if it stakes. Nice to see people still here. Smiley
Activity: 296
Man, Bitcoin has taken a lot of my attention!!!  It has surpassed the price of Gold per ounce.  Wow!!!  As far as PHS is concerned, i hope we find a Dev soon.  So far no luck on my end.  Once we have one, then we can finally start to make progress.
legendary
who is this dev, because if you paid him then he needs to do the job correctly. I would not want to hire a dev who took pay and did not do what he was hired to do. Please keep us informed of how this turns out because such devs need to be known and avoided. I have had this happen to us in other communities.
He was on holiday for most of the turn of the year. His last post indicates that his queue is full, and to contact him via PM. I will try again
However, it is to be said that our arrangements were minimal at best in hopes that he would prove himself over time to be punctual and responsive when needed over time. I mistakenly gave him the code from github /PhilosopherStoneCoin instead of @palmdetroit's last current source with rate and skin changes. I also was not ready to build as yet because I figured I could code/theme the updated buttons/bg.img and save some funds. Still, I do not have the ducks in order to have him build tonight anyhow. Soon I was hoping to be able to afford a proper upgrade with a better budget.
So meanwhile, if any honorable dev wants to come out of the woodwork..., plz do.

Perhaps a new ann with good instruction on how to get the wallet up and synced. Then on to a full upgrade .
I like the idea... but I think there should be a bit more of a plan before we go full ANN

Ah yes I just meant OP. Be nice if we could have updated the OP with kiklo snapshot and addnodes. I guess this thread is quite short though so people will find it all if they look around a bit.

Shame PD is gone for now.

legendary

Thanks again. As always excellent news to see you have a snapshot. One of the very most useful services on BCT.

who is this dev, because if you paid him then he needs to do the job correctly. I would not want to hire a dev who took pay and did not do what he was hired to do. Please keep us informed of how this turns out because such devs need to be known and avoided. I have had this happen to us in other communities.
He was on holiday for most of the turn of the year. His last post indicates that his queue is full, and to contact him via PM. I will try again
However, it is to be said that our arrangements were minimal at best in hopes that he would prove himself over time to be punctual and responsive when needed over time. I mistakenly gave him the code from github /PhilosopherStoneCoin instead of @palmdetroit's last current source with rate and skin changes. I also was not ready to build as yet because I figured I could code/theme the updated buttons/bg.img and save some funds. Still, I do not have the ducks in order to have him build tonight anyhow. Soon I was hoping to be able to afford a proper upgrade with a better budget.
So meanwhile, if any honorable dev wants to come out of the woodwork..., plz do.

Perhaps a new ann with good instruction on how to get the wallet up and synced. Then on to a full upgrade .
I like the idea... but I think there should be a bit more of a plan before we go full ANN

legendary
If you look at the past posts by him, palmdetroit wanted to pass the baton way before he went AFK.

I have been messaging interested parties for the last several months for the purpose of breathing life into this coin again. I have been sponsoring Noise23's efforts to keep the phstones.com domain, his explorer, and nodes up for the last several months.

What makes me most frustrated with this wallet is that the buttons at the top lead to websites which are not even up anymore. These desperately need to be replaced before any kind of reboot/upgrade. The background image is straight from Fullmetal Alchemist and needs to be replaced as well. Not to mention that all the coded nodes are old, and to add new nodes to the wallet makes it even harder for someone to start the program "out of the box."

I even paid a developer to add security checkpoints. However, this developer used an older version of the code and his new wallet will fork the entire system as the reward system was changed on the last version. He has not responded to my last few messages. Although he assured me that he would recompile the new wallet again. This is not my first rodeo. I have had experience managing another crypto, and know better than publicizing an update will create a fork. Since then, I have been on the quest to find a developer who will work on this project. If anyone reading this is interested or knows someone, please message me! Soon I will have the funds to pay for said upgrade.

In the meantime, I have purchased two additional domains. PHS.IM and PhilosopherStone.Gold
PHS.im is currently forwarded to a Discord room which is public to anyone interested. The purpose of which is to support the community in supporting this coin.
PhilosopherStone.Gold Is intended to be a new website presence for this project, or perhaps even an alternatively skinned wallet version or reboot.

The coin name is intriguing and was nicely distributed to my knowledge with no scam. Such coins deserve to survive.

Pages:
Jump to: