Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][PHS][50% PoS ONLY!] PhilosopherStones | ACTIVE Dev! | ~64% Yearly | - page 21. (Read 69674 times)

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005
I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!

So I'm asking permission from PHS community to do that.

Please post your opinions.

Thank you.

Agreed. Let's do it.

@VladK, there is 15 days limitation for the max PoS weight already.
Activity: 73
Merit: 11

It was me who asked Cryptopia to suspend PHS and I want to ask you guys a favor.

As you may know I'm already did a lot for PHS - paid for Crypropia listing from my own funds,
running permanent PHS nodes keeping network alive, saved phstones.com domain (and PHS explorer is up and running at http://explorer.phstones.com/)

Recently my main PC was compromised and all my PHS (a significant amount) along with other coins were stolen by some hacking vermin.

There is a possibility to recover stolen coins but it will require a hardfork to roll the blockchain a few days back.

Thank you.

PHS coin in desperate need for a developer and hardfork is small price for saving the coin.
I guess that you know, that almost 40% of coins is controlled by top 10 addresses, and though
they stake regularly, their owners never did anything for this coin.
I hope you will be able to contact them and convince to use your version of client.

To sit and wait may be was a good strategy when Crypsty was alive. With all their problems
they were the biggest exchange anyway.
But nobody notice PHS on Cryptopia even if new crypto boom would happen.

If hardfork is going to happen anyway consider to implement these changes:

1. 50% stake rate can't last forever. Half it every 4 years from now till it will be about 3% (in 16 years).

2. Make POS reward for last 90 days only. There are lot of addresses with considerable amount of coins,
that not active for year or two already.
If their owners would come back, get stake for 600-1000 days, It's like a time bomb.

3. I still think that transaction messages is useful thing and maximum message size should
be extended to 528 bytes, like it was done in Florin coin.
Activity: 127
Merit: 100
it seems that you become a developer Smiley. if so then you have every right to roll back. good luck.

ps. this better not happen again.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
I have some web space, is it possible to run a permanent node on that?   Huh

If you have a PC or VPS that can stay connected 24x7 and you have a static (never changing) IP address, you could be a node.
If you don't have a static ip, but can leave your PC up and running it will still help the network, but can't be listed as a permanent node.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

Thank you.

I have no problem with that  Wink  (assuming my 1400 stones count as a voting stake)

Agreed , No Worries.   Cheesy

Cool
Activity: 133
Merit: 10
I have some web space, is it possible to run a permanent node on that?   Huh
Activity: 133
Merit: 10
What's going on with Cryptopia?

PHS / BTC market is closing
Markets frozen while in talks with Dev regarding possible hard fork

It was me who asked Cryptopia to suspend PHS and I want to ask you guys a favor.

As you may know I'm already did a lot for PHS - paid for Crypropia listing from my own funds,
running permanent PHS nodes keeping network alive, saved phstones.com domain (and PHS explorer is up and running at http://explorer.phstones.com/)

Recently my main PC was compromised and all my PHS (a significant amount) along with other coins were stolen by some hacking vermin.

There is a possibility to recover stolen coins but it will require a hardfork to roll the blockchain a few days back.

Pros:
1. No stolen coins dump from the thief.
2. Updated wallet - working checkpointing, security patches, etc.
3. I will continue taking care of PHS network - run nodes, web, update wallet if needed.

Cons:
1. Stakes for the last few days will be discarded but coins will keep accumulated coinage and will restake at corrected rate - you will not lose anything.

Thank you.

I have no problem with that  Wink  (assuming my 1400 stones count as a voting stake)
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

Pros:
3. I will continue taking care of PHS network - run nodes, web, update wallet if needed.

Cons:
1. Stakes for the last few days will be discarded but coins will keep accumulated coinage and will restake at corrected rate - you will not lose anything.

Thank you.

I'm with you. Go for it!
legendary
Activity: 967
Merit: 1002

Pros:

Cons:

Thank you.
Activity: 483
Merit: 250
PHS network works nice again. Smiley
Activity: 954
Merit: 104
ludenaprotocol.io
I did what kiklo advised a few days back to check my block sizes and they are all <60 PHS.

See below for reference-

-------------------
If not already , enable coin control
Click on settings, click options, click display, place a checkmark beside Display Coin Control , click OK

Click Send Coins, Click Inputs, Click + sign ,
This expands the windows, so you can see the actual date & time the block was created.
-------------------

If all of us have small blocks (thx for splitting yours btw), then having enough stake time is important for times when only a few small stakers are staking...
legendary
I believe the solution will be not to consolidate the blocks and let them be split into smaller ones. We need to increase the number of small blocks trying to stake instead of having less and bigger blocks.

OK, but how do we increase the number of small blocks?
I don't think that if we build stake time we will increase the size of the blocks.. unless I've missed something

I guess we are all open to suggestions  Smiley

The number of blocks will increase naturally if nobody consolidates them after a stake. The default splitthreshold is 50 so I guess this means our blocks will be splitting until they reach this size, unless you we set this parameter to a different value.

I was using 5k blocks but now I will let them split a number of times. This will not only multiply my block count but will also increase the rate of block creation because there will be always blocks ready to stake.

Theoretically...  Grin
ludenaprotocol.io
I believe the solution will be not to consolidate the blocks and let them be split into smaller ones. We need to increase the number of small blocks trying to stake instead of having less and bigger blocks.

OK, but how do we increase the number of small blocks?
I don't think that if we build stake time we will increase the size of the blocks.. unless I've missed something

I guess we are all open to suggestions  Smiley
legendary
ludenaprotocol.io
The PHS network appears to be healthy again  Grin

It is healthy but the situation remains tense when you look at total stake weight (my weight is about 1/6th of what it used to be before the issues we faced).

I believe that large holders should stake a little more (at least part of their fortune) so that we, smaller holders, can build stake time. This will probably fix weight related issues (too little stake weight at times).

For smaller holders that also means staking even if we don't get much stake
due to the bigger stakers - temporarily.
legendary
The PHS network appears to be healthy again  Grin
Activity: 627
Merit: 500
Philosopherstone blockchain is available for download at CryptoChainer.com
along with many other popular blockchains!
Activity: 128
And stay intresting what happend with Palmdetroit? May be we can find him in internet?

any tried to contact him on TSU? when he is online he is just 2 clicks away Tongue  and i think he is bored to spend a lot of time for free...
Activity: 127
And stay intresting what happend with Palmdetroit? May be we can find him in internet?
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
Weird, restarted my client after a day of not running it, now the Checkpoint:  message has gone, and it has started minting like it used to, says I'm on the same block as Cryptopia according to their block explorer. Dunno. Roll Eyes
Pages:
Jump to: