Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][PHS][50% PoS ONLY!] PhilosopherStones | ACTIVE Dev! | ~64% Yearly | - page 20. (Read 69807 times)

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Makes sense. I didn't realize the NXT rollback didn't happen in the end! That would have been a lot more complex/messier than for PHS given the size of their blockchain and zillion assets/currencies...  

And yes, it's a good sign for Cryptopia; still I believe their business model is very risky.  And at the end of the day I don't feel tied to them.

Given the price of listing at Yobit I think we shouldn't hesitate, whatever we do with Cryptopia. It's safer for all of us to have 2 exchanges rather than just 1.

It is like this if PHS does the rollback, we lose Cryptopia, which most PHS seem ok with, knowing that they have to buy their way onto yobit.
So only 1 exchange if the rollback is done.

But PHS should not try to Join any more exchanges until the rollback is done and completed , in case they take the same view as cryptopia.
No use to get on Yobit and have them delist PHS for the same reason, rollback has to be done before anything else is attempted.

Cool
Activity: 954
Merit: 104
ludenaprotocol.io
Ok,

if that is the route the PHS community wants to take, then Noise23 can proceed with the rollback when ready and cryptopia will just delist PHS.
Maybe a week or so after the rollback is completely finished , we can try and get on Yobit, there fee is .1 BTC if I remember correctly.

Cool

FYI: Point of clarification
NXT did not go thru with the rollback.
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/official-nxt-decision-blockchain-rollback/

Cryptopia is caught between a rock and a hard place, if they allow it for one they would have to allow it for everyone and that could destabilize all of crypto, if a lot of coins started doing it. So IMO, they are a Great Exchange and highly principled.

Makes sense. I didn't realize the NXT rollback didn't happen in the end! That would have been a lot more complex/messier than for PHS given the size of their blockchain and zillion assets/currencies... 

And yes, it's a good sign for Cryptopia; still I believe their business model is very risky.  And at the end of the day I don't feel tied to them.

Given the price of listing at Yobit I think we shouldn't hesitate, whatever we do with Cryptopia. It's safer for all of us to have 2 exchanges rather than just 1.

legendary
We should also consider C-Cex, I believe the listing there is free.

Whatever it takes to keep this nice coin alive, let's do it!

C-Cex requires paid & free voting to actually get on their exchange.
PHS would not survive C-Cex Volume Delisting policy long enough to matter.

Agreed.

Yobit is the cheaper option at .1 btc , I believe Bleu is ~2½ BTC.

Cool

FYI:
Yobit also gives access to English, Russian , & Chinese speakers.
Bleu, gives access to English & Spanish speakers.
Yobit would get my vote due to the numbers of potential users , they could represent.

legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
Let's face it; the guys at Cryptopia are right and they are defending a good principle.

However, it is also true that the community and the developer should have the final word on a cryptocurrency's destiny.

Having said that, I will agree with the 1% fee to the developer or I will gladly send a few thousand PHS to him in order to compensate for the stolen coins.

So how do we solve this conundrum?

If we go for the hardfork we can't forget that no coin is viable without a market to be traded.

We don't have enough volume to get listed on one of the big exchanges like Poloniex on Bittrex, right?

As a final note, I would love to stay on Cryptopia. Ever since Cryptsy collapsed I've been trading several coins there with no issues whatsoever. It's definitely not in the same league as Polo or Bittrex but out of the smaller ones, I believe it's better than Yobit or Bleu.

We should also consider C-Cex, I believe the listing there is free.

legendary
Ok,

if that is the route the PHS community wants to take, then Noise23 can proceed with the rollback when ready and cryptopia will just delist PHS.
Maybe a week or so after the rollback is completely finished , we can try and get on Yobit, there fee is .1 BTC if I remember correctly.

Cool

FYI: Point of clarification
NXT did not go thru with the rollback.
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/official-nxt-decision-blockchain-rollback/

Cryptopia is caught between a rock and a hard place, if they allow it for one they would have to allow it for everyone and that could destabilize all of crypto, if a lot of coins started doing it. So IMO, they are a Great Exchange and highly principled.
ludenaprotocol.io
That works only in theory i'm afraid.

Nxt did a rollback a few months back and they are still listed in a few big exchanges. Cryptopia was a good solution when we needed it but if we paid to be listed there we can pay to be listed elsewhere. Bleu, Yobit and other exchanges could be good alternatives.

If your problem is a problem of justice noise23 you can always guarantee to pay back any genuine transaction that was cancelled with the rollback. Not sure how much is at stake though. At least that would show your good faith to a potential new exchange.

My feeling about Cryptopia;
-I'm not keen to see an exchange dictate what we should do as a community
-I'm not too confident either; they are new and they have so many coins that i don't know how they can manage the type of risks that made Cryptsy fall...

I'm not sure how escrows work but we could set one up so that we can all contribute to financing the new exchange.
legendary
I can see their point.

Here is a thought, I would agree to you updating the code and adding a 1% transaction fee to every stake that went to your own account , so you could reclaim what you lost and even receive some for future help.

What about that as a solution?

Will you & everyone else here agree to that?

Cool

It's not about money. I just can't work on a project knowing that I'm helping the thief to happily dump stolen coins.

Ok,
the thief stole your coins, there is nothing we can do but a staking fee to help compensate you for their loss,
by the way, if you share what happened, I may have some ideas on how to better protect yourself in the future.
PM me if you want to keep it private.

But the alternative is harming the coin to hurt the thief , also not a good option cause it harms others also.
Best solution , if you are willing , is just update the code send yourself 1% of every stake to your own account to help compensate you,
the thief dumps but we all drop our buy walls on the exchange to only 1 sat for a few weeks to punish him.

That is the best I can think of , will that work for everyone?

Cool
legendary
Activity: 968
Merit: 1002
I can see their point.

Here is a thought, I would agree to you updating the code and adding a 1% transaction fee to every stake that went to your own account , so you could reclaim what you lost and even receive some for future help.

Cool

It's not about money. I just can't work on a project knowing that I'm helping the thief to happily dump stolen coins.
legendary
I can see their point.

Cool
legendary

Can you tell us more about the reason why Cryptopia doesn't want to do the rollback?

Problems with rollbacks , is say someone made a transaction after the rollback and received something else in exchange like btc, the rollback wipes out that transaction.
Meaning an exchange would either then owe PHS or BTC to someone as a debt where before the roll back , everything was balanced.

I feel for you Noise 23, and understand. Please inform cryptopia to restart the PHS exchange , if PHS survives it will be up to the rest of the PHS community.
I am so sorry for your loss.

Cool

Actually there were no trades on Cryptopia after the theft so they would not lose anyhing, also is case of any loss I did promise them to compensate from my funds.

Cryptopia reply -
Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. Just to clarify we have not frozen the markets because you got hacked, that is not a precedent we are willing to set.
We have frozen the markets because of your intention to hardfork the coins for a rollback.

If you plan to proceed with the rollback hardforks, we will be delisting the coins.
We feel that such actions are an abuse of your position as developer, and being hacked is not a good reason for a rollback.

The reasons for this are:
Any regular user suffering the same fate could not expect a rollback.

Any user who accidentally purchased stolen coins ends up getting screwed instead without warning, through no fault of their own.

There is no way to verify the claims of the hack, I'm not saying this is what you've done but it's entirely possible you could sell the coins, take the BTC, claim you were hacked, and then proceed with a rollback.

Cheers,
Hex
The Cryptopia Team
legendary

Can you tell us more about the reason why Cryptopia doesn't want to do the rollback?

Problems with rollbacks , is say someone made a transaction after the rollback and received something else in exchange like btc, the rollback wipes out that transaction.
Meaning an exchange would either then owe PHS or BTC to someone as a debt where before the roll back , everything was balanced.

FYI:

Will everyone else here agree to that?

Cool
ludenaprotocol.io

legendary
Any possibility of performing a hard fork without the rollback?

You know where your stolen coins are, right?

Can't you just burned them? Wipe out that address, or addresses, where they were stolen to?

Otherwise, this coins is dead  Cry

No market, no dev, no website... no hope! Undecided

Here is the wallet with stolen coins: http://explorer.phstones.com/address/9VGJynR4uc3787QWdGMS9HUD9YMmmDJgoC
Not sure if it thief's own address or he sent coins directly to Cryptopia.
Theoretically it's possible to ban an address but it's much worse than rollback and I'm pretty sure Cryptopia would not agree to that either.

legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
Any possibility of performing a hard fork without the rollback?

You know where your stolen coins are, right?

Can't you just burned them? Wipe out that address, or addresses, where they were stolen to?

Otherwise, this coins is dead  Cry

No market, no dev, no website... no hope! Undecided
legendary
Hello everyone!

Bad news here.
Unfortunately, Cryptopia didn't agree to rollback hardfork plan.
They told me they are going to delist PHS market in case if we proceed with rollback.

So it seems like I just have to walk away because without the rollback I can't work on PHS anymore.
It's not about money but I just can't work on a coin knowing that I'm helping the thief to happily dump stolen coins.
legendary
Activity: 1148
go for it, i am in.
ludenaprotocol.io

@VladK, there is 15 days limitation for the max PoS weight already.

PoS weight is a chance to get reward. The sum of reward depends only on coindays and have no limit right now.

And supportive of the reward period change as well.
ludenaprotocol.io
Fully supportive.

-noise23, let's roll back the blockchain
-VladK, I'm also with you: we should think about the long term changes needed: PoS halving (or curve/fixed amount) and higher tx. However I'm not sure now is the right time as if we do this together with the roll-back it will have to be done in a short time... which is not great for the community. If we change the coin specs, let's do this in a clean way; have a vote open over a 1 month voting period for each aspect to be updated. This way we allow everyone involved to participate.
Activity: 553
Merit: 500
Solo Miner Legend
There is a possibility to recover stolen coins but it will require a hardfork to roll the blockchain a few days back.
So I'm asking permission from PHS community to do that.

Pros:
1. No stolen coins dump from the thief.
2. Updated wallet - working checkpointing, security patches, etc.
3. I will continue taking care of PHS network - run nodes, web, update wallet if needed.

Cons:
1. Stakes for the last few days will be discarded but coins will keep accumulated coinage and will restake at corrected rate - you will not lose anything.

Please post your opinions.
I'm fine with that, go for it.
Activity: 73
Merit: 11

@VladK, there is 15 days limitation for the max PoS weight already.

PoS weight is a chance to get reward. The sum of reward depends only on coindays and have no limit right now.
Pages:
Jump to: