Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][PHS][50% PoS ONLY!] PhilosopherStones | ACTIVE Dev! | ~64% Yearly | - page 33. (Read 69674 times)

Activity: 133
Merit: 10
I have 8.79041 stones "Generated but not accepted", what does that mean?   Huh
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting
Nice to see you active guys.

May i ask you palm whats with tsu.co about?

Why not a more decentralized social network like https://diasporafoundation.org or https://gnu.io/social/try

Its not a big issue, but i cant even see the link without register...

Thanks

Well TSU pays, been trying to get them to take cryptos too. Was also planning to use it to support some upgrades, also an alternative to BCT.

Thanks for the heads up on the Decentralized social networks,. will check them out.

mxn
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
Nice to see you active guys.

May i ask you palm whats with tsu.co about?

Why not a more decentralized social network like https://diasporafoundation.org or https://gnu.io/social/try

Its not a big issue, but i cant even see the link without register...

Thanks

Activity: 954
Merit: 104
ludenaprotocol.io
How about a Friday 13th / Valentine mash up? Wink
Yeah some POS switch pumps are sad indeed ..
Activity: 553
Merit: 500
Solo Miner Legend
Not even had them synced, because my disk crashed, let alone sent anything. Thanks for the answer and it seems now after 48 hours or so they minted some ~30% Smiley I don't know if it had anything to do with me fixing the .conf with server=1, user, pw etc because it was finding it because of a spelling error. (Just this time, now last time)

So all is good. Smiley
legendary
How many coins do you need to have in the wallet in order for it to stake properly, I have over 200 since July and it hasn't staked once. The other coins I have had with POS usually stakes well. (MINT, GRW, others) I see there is a 15 days max also. My wallet right now says 50% chance in 18 days.

Hmm, guess I'll have to keep on trying.

Hi,

Just don't lose your coinage by sending them. Did you do any TX's since July? You can PM me address to check if you like (can take a quick look on explorer). It's really just a matter of time.  Difficulty is a bit higher with PHS than some others, so it may take a bit longer.  My guess with one input of 200 would likely take about 2-3 weeks at current difficulty.

legendary
The presence of silence does not imply the absence of drama.

So what happened to palm, more than a month without a sign of life?

Sure, his code made still one of the best POS-Wallets, but meanwhile others create more features.

True, coins come with news at any point in time. The beauty of PHS is that it's not in this game; it's about steady improvements and value creation over time. Palm has actually delivered hundreds of improvements to (an already top-class) PHS code in Nov/Dec, and he keeps working on improvements.

It may not sound as sexy as the latest fad but when you think about long term potential the criteria you should use to assess a currency are different... The presence of noise does not imply the existence of innovation.

Palm was on BCT today, so he must be fine Wink

PHS Not Sexy, you say!? Maybe we could add a valentines theme (JK!)  Cheesy Cheesy

Honestly tho, Noise sadly has worked for awhile now, I can think of a few million dollar IPO/ICO with no further development.  Will these markets mature eventually?  Hard to Say Shocked
legendary

Sure, his code made still one of the best POS-Wallets, but meanwhile others create more features.

Hi,

Actually things have been pretty stable.  You can always check my last visited status on profile, also chat on TSU or google.

As far as more features, the last 3 updates added a bunch of new features, but did not even budge the market cap.  Still active in cryptos, watching and working on a few projects.

As far as features, I would like a decentralized exchange in the PHS wallet for instant trading, so watching to see a good implementation of this to bring over.  I have also been working with some other devs on some newer ideas and innovations, (side / sub chains, assets, master-nodes, and more), looking into some solutions like these to add more value to PHS.

Features like pumping PoS 5k , etc may catch some eyes but lots of other coins out there for that speculation trade as is.

Open to suggestions as well, just post here, PHS is open source, more than happy to review any submissions/changes/improvements/features too.

PD

PHS works pretty good , as long as it stays flat against BTC (or even increases/decreases a bit), since you do get the stake return rather than nothing. BTC price has been a bit down, and still not enough volume to attract bigger fish in PHS market.
Activity: 553
Merit: 500
Solo Miner Legend
How many coins do you need to have in the wallet in order for it to stake properly, I have over 200 since July and it hasn't staked once. The other coins I have had with POS usually stakes well. (MINT, GRW, others) I see there is a 15 days max also. My wallet right now says 50% chance in 18 days.

Hmm, guess I'll have to keep on trying.
Activity: 954
Merit: 104
ludenaprotocol.io

True, coins come with news at any point in time. The beauty of PHS is that it's not in this game; it's about steady improvements and value creation over time. Palm has actually delivered hundreds of improvements to (an already top-class) PHS code in Nov/Dec, and he keeps working on improvements.

It may not sound as sexy as the latest fad but when you think about long term potential the criteria you should use to assess a currency are different... The presence of noise does not imply the existence of innovation.

Palm was on BCT today, so he must be fine Wink

mxn
Activity: 59
Merit: 0

Activity: 128
Merit: 100
Nice,
everything works flawlessly  Wink

+

really,love this no drama thread
legendary
Hi! Tell me please can I change split/combine threshold by myself?

Hi,

Yes!

in philosopherstone.conf add:

Code:
splitthreshold=50
combinethreshold=50

Default is 50.

Can also do
Code:
-splitthreshold=50 -combinethreshold=50
in command line.

what happens if i change the split / combine treshold?  is it better to he higher or lower?

Hi,

I have been slowly raising it each update, about every month or so, so as long as you update somewhat often you can just leave it at default.  PHS had an issue with 'dust' originally, where some users would have 1000s of stakes and it would overwork/overload the CPU, so the plan is to slowly increase it to clear all that up and get nodes running more effectively. Running the new client with defaults, especially on older wallets, will slowly clear up the dust issue in a non-abrupt way, and smooth out the network. It also removes the need to manually combine and potentially lose coin-age, not to mention no more of those annoying .01 PHS stakes, right?  Wink

TLDR:
So you can just leave it at default, and if you have lots of dust just keep updated and it will reduce itself over time as you stake, and do all the work for you, without losing coinage.

Activity: 307
Merit: 102

Hi,

Yes!

Code:
splitthreshold=50
combinethreshold=50

Default is 50.

Can also do
Code:
in command line.

what happens if i change the split / combine treshold?  is it better to he higher or lower?
Activity: 139
Ok, thanks a lot, Palm!
legendary

Hi,

Yes!

Code:
splitthreshold=50
combinethreshold=50

Default is 50.

Can also do
Code:
in command line.

legendary
so no practical usefulness?
Yes I would also like to know what the premise and true value of this coin is?

For me, its a combination of Speculation, Hedge , leverage , and of course I enjoy staking.

A rising tide (new money into BTC / cryptos in general) seems to 'lift all boats'.

For example, I think the run up in BTC and PHS after the Cyprus/China events was a good example when there's lots of new money in cryptos. Check historical charts for examples. Lots of development into PHS has had minimal results, compared to those events, so take it as you will.

As for merchants / real world usefulness, I can convert PHS into BTC whenever I need to and BTC is accepted widely already, and I can fit PHS onto my HD still and it syncs faster, so why reinvent the wheel here, just my .02 on that.

One thing, I think PHS is weak on liquidity/volume and this needs improved. Any suggestions welcome. I don't really think pumping PHS stake to 500% - 5000% will be a long term solution, but it would be a short term one  Cheesy
Activity: 128
Average Block Time:   2min?
Recommended Number of Confirms:   6 confirmations for transactions; 50 confirmations for minted blocks ?

Activity: 139
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
The best way for community to help thiscoin is to get it listed on a site like coinpayments.  go to https://www.coinpayments.net/addcoin  and request that PHS is added.... EVERYONE HAS TO DO IT.... thanks  -digeros
Pages:
Jump to: