Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][PHS][50% PoS ONLY!] PhilosopherStones | ACTIVE Dev! | ~64% Yearly | - page 31. (Read 69674 times)

Activity: 954
Merit: 104
ludenaprotocol.io
Is there a prediction to launch a 64 bit linux binary? I'm trying until now to compile the source code in my Linux Mint. I never got an app working through compilation.

You mean to make the PHS wallet work on Linux with a 64-bit machine?
If I can be of help in any way; I've just gone through the process...
Activity: 325
Merit: 100
Is there a prediction to launch a 64 bit linux binary? I'm trying until now to compile the source code in my Linux Mint. I never got an app working through compilation.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting
In other news, Keeping an eye on the world economy and disturbances, maybe another crytpo rally is in order.  Wink

Stewie is wise beyond his years. Grin

Glad to see you guys still around!

Also Coming up on Two years for PHS... long time in cryptos! Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005
I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!
What a wonderfull prices here! Good longterm work, thanks Palmdetroit!
Activity: 966
Merit: 513
In other news, Keeping an eye on the world economy and disturbances, maybe another crytpo rally is in order.  Wink

Stewie is wise beyond his years. Grin
legendary
OK I managed to move my PHS QT/wallet from Windows to Linux now.
In case someone faces the same challenge starting with Linux, here is what I had to do:

• Launch the wallet in windows, go to the console, and run the command
  • dumpprivkey

• Do this for every PHS address in the wallet and copy the private key somewhere
  • Install Linux QT and sync the blockchain, go to the console, and run the command
  • importprivkey

• Do this for every PHS private key
  • Then go to file (main QT window), backup wallet
  • For some reason the wallet was saved in the QT folder, not the .Philosopherstone one
  • Name the backup wallet.dat and move to .Philosopherstone hidden folder (needs admin permission)

That's it! Enjoy the staking Smiley

Thanks Sorros, if using Qt you can just export wallet to send all keys to a text file. for pasting or paper.

Not recommended for inexperienced users as you can easily lose your balance if not secured.

In other news, Keeping an eye on the world economy and disturbances, maybe another crytpo rally is in order.  Wink
ludenaprotocol.io
OK I managed to move my PHS QT/wallet from Windows to Linux now.
In case someone faces the same challenge starting with Linux, here is what I had to do:

• Launch the wallet in windows, go to the console, and run the command
  • dumpprivkey

• Do this for every PHS address in the wallet and copy the private key somewhere
  • Install Linux QT and sync the blockchain, go to the console, and run the command
  • importprivkey

• Do this for every PHS private key
  • Then go to file (main QT window), backup wallet
  • For some reason the wallet was saved in the QT folder, not the .Philosopherstone one
  • Name the backup wallet.dat and move to .Philosopherstone hidden folder (needs admin permission)

That's it! Enjoy the staking Smiley

ludenaprotocol.io
Hi Palm,
I've moved to a Linux wallet but don't manage to recover my Windows wallet. I get an error message "wallet.dat corrupt: salvation failed" - do you know how i can fix that? I haven't been able to stake for a few days that's a pity..

Cheers
legendary
Is anyone maintaining http://phs.blockx.info/  ... seems to have been stuck for over a month now... again.

I'll send a message, he has some phs donations being staked.

use the other one till then.
http://phs.stakecoins.info/
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
Is anyone maintaining http://phs.blockx.info/  ... seems to have been stuck for over a month now... again.
Activity: 133
Merit: 10
What's the difference between a blue symbol and an orange symbol in the recent transactions list?
I think it depends on amount of transaction.

Hmmm, I have transactions higher and lower than this one (it's 26 PHS), it's the only blue one I have.
legendary
Sorry if this has been asked but is there a stake limit on a block?
or it could be any amount?

NP,

there is no limit atm, but this will likely change in the future when inflation is perceived too large.

PD

Also Hi everyone I'm still putting time in PHS when possible and updated git with some improvements recently, with next batch of work I will put out a new EXE.

Thanks.
legendary

Originally when PHS had PoW they had Bonus blocks which used different images for mined amounts, when we went PoS only, I just changed them to lower values depending on stake amount, so now they just depend on amount staked.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Activity: 139
Merit: 100
What's the difference between a blue symbol and an orange symbol in the recent transactions list?
I think it depends on amount of transaction.
Activity: 133
Merit: 10
ludenaprotocol.io

Thanks Palm. That worked!

Note that I had to erase all in the roaming folder (not just peers.dat, and of course except the wallet) to re-download the blockchain..

Looking forward to catch-up with you on what's next  Smiley
legendary
If your addy starts with 9r9RyRQzQ Please fix time on PC and update to newer version, if you haven't, will also put out patch and bootstrap this weekend, thanks!

Also explorer has been fixed.

And Sorros , yep agree, store of value I mentioned was only in nominal terms, and it will!

Update : New bootstrap

https://github.com/philosopherstonecoin/philosopherstone/releases/download/1.6.6.4/Philosopherstone-Bootstrap-374254.zip

Make sure to delete peers.dat if you had connection issues (and follow instructions in zip to sync up fast)

PD
ludenaprotocol.io
one question: what is the max. supply of phs ?

edit: 8.9 million correct?

Hi,

Hard coded cap is the same as NVC/PPC, which is 2 billion.

Since PHS is PoS only, hitting a hard cap would give 0 reason to stake anymore, so setting a hard limit isn't feasible anyway (fees are destroyed). IF we make no changes to code, and assuming 100% of PHS stakes constantly, this would take ~18 years. Of course, we average ~70% or so of staking so in reality closer to ~24 years from today.

PHS works by consensus of the network, my current feelings is we should cap the amount of stake per block sometime in the next year or so. But this will need to be an open community decision.

The average for the last 50k blocks was ~441.2 blocks per day and ~2,102 PHS created per day.

Just an example, but an option:

If we set a maximum stake of to 10 PHS per block, we would limit PHS production to ~4.4k per day. (could do more or less). At 10 million PHS this is a 16% annual inflation year 1, 15% year two... etc, decreasing in % on a steady curve.

Bitcoin of course has a hard limit and designed as a store of value, with PHS we have some leverage in what we want to do, a healthy 4% annual inflation in 10 years onward would also be feasible. Ultimately it's up to you guys to decide.

PD

May be a mistake above in the number, Just wanted to illustrate options.  Wink

thanks!

okok, sounds really interesting your idea ,but for me its hard to say which interest works near the best .of course at the moment 50%  Tongue

This is a very tricky discussion. One that needs to be tied to our community vision for PHS:
- Store of value: high rate
- Use in everyday life eventually: low rate

PHS is secure thanks to the many people staking it, thanks to the high interest. The overall value of the coin doesn't change. Inflation reduces price, meaning that 1 PHS today is worth more than 1 tomorrow; as you have more when you stake you keep value stable. We are irrational animals, even if the value remains constant, it just "feels good" to receive stones Smiley

For instance, I've seen other coins with interest up to 20% not getting enough staking... (ok maybe they were shitty in the first place)

However for business it's a pain in the ass to have to adjust prices all the time due to inflation. So a high rate would be prohibitive.
As long as cryptos do not get wide business/everyday acceptance I believe a high rate is needed.

As cryptos move to wider acceptance, it makes sense to lower the interest rate (i.e move from store of value to everyday use).

In this context, constant production of PHS (a la Ethereum) could be an acceptable solution.
However it is highly risky. In fact it works only if the total value of the coin evolves at the same rate to compensate the inflation so that the price per coin remains at least constant. If it's not the case you're in a negative spiral, gradually limiting the interest in the currency with lower amount of coins at lower value per coin. Then making it less secure, further pushing coin value down.

In fact, the problem above would arise whenever we start playing with the interest curve (i.e. evolution of interest rate over time).
We would have to make assumptions as to what would be the best rate at different points in time based on price and market cap, to ensure there is enough incentive for staking over time.

This would probably be tied to if, when, or how fast we think cryptos would get wide acceptance. The sad truth is that we have no clue... So our assumptions would likely become obsolete/wrong over time. And at that point what do we do? Change the parameters? That'd be acting just like a central bank. And no offense, but i would still trust more a central bank than a bunch of kids playing in the crypto sphere...

Over the long term, a system like NXT would work best as no new coins are created, leading to 0 inflation and making it appropriate both for everyday use and value storage. But this requires high transaction volumes to be secure (i.e. provide enough incentive for staking as reward is based exclusively on transaction fees). This is much better than constant low inflation rate as in the context of business use, any inflation is a problem.

Don't know if it helps. At lease for now 50% is good, and any change will need to be very carefully thought through...

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
This coin was among the first alts I ever got really excited about, and has my enduring respect and admiration. You have stood the test of time, in every regard. On behalf of myself and the Blackcoin Foundation, I applaud all the consistent and superb work you have done. I believe you are among a very small and select group of innovative proof-of-stake coins that will pave the way forward for all cryptocurrency.
Pages:
Jump to: