Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][PHS][50% PoS] PhilosopherStone | NoPremine |10 month Dist | 1.6.4.1 - page 16. (Read 121936 times)

Activity: 478
Merit: 113

I won't! , Would do it right now,. but can't run Mac VM on AMD  Roll Eyes

If you don't want to wait for the stakes, You can build it from the repo  (I'll ask instacash after the PoS update), I think 'minar' has a mac one built too 1.5.2)
https://github.com/philosopherstonecoin/philosopherstone

Thanks a lot Palm!

I have everything needed on my Mac to build one... I wanted to compile it myself and then release it to the community, but I keep having errors when compiling it.

Please see photo here:

http://s927.photobucket.com/user/photobckt1/media/PHS_Wallet_Mac_error_zpsb6005ad9.png.html

If you have a good tutorial to build Wallets on a Mac please tell me, or if anyone is willing to help me, please PM me.

I'll be happy to share it with the community if I manage to build one.

Thanks!
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Looks interesting, definitely something to look out for, I hope you guys get the attention

you deserve
Activity: 478
Merit: 113
Any chance to get a working Mac wallet? I can't sync up anymore Sad

I vote for this too!

Please please do not forget us Mac OS users! Smiley

Thanks!
Activity: 676
Merit: 500
Cryptsy has responded to my ticket:

I apologize PHS still under mainteance , will keep you posted as soon as its back online.

Thank you.

So there is no problem to perform 5 PHS withdrawal, but when it comes to withdraw 950 mainteance issues appear  Roll Eyes
Activity: 966
Merit: 513
Didin't hear the story about hack. My experiences with this exchange are definitively good - trade orders and withdrawals are working great.
Also, they have almost 500BTC daily trading volume - not so bad Smiley

Not sure about pronunciation and origin of the name  Cheesy

Looks like early march. I'd have to check into how they've handled security since and how they dealt with losses.

http://arstechnica.com/security/2014/03/yet-another-exchange-hacked-poloniex-loses-around-50000-in-bitcoin/
Didin't hear the story about hack. My experiences with this exchange are definitively good - trade orders and withdrawals are working great.
Also, they have almost 500BTC daily trading volume - not so bad Smiley

Not sure about pronunciation and origin of the name  Cheesy
sounds great, I've never been to poloniex...don't even know how to pronounce it. Weren't they just hacked?
I think we need to focus on just one exchange. There seem to be very few people voting with any regularity.

So I proposed exchange without voting system.
I think we need to focus on just one exchange. There seem to be very few people voting with any regularity.
Did somebody try to get PHS listed on poloniex?

https://poloniex.com/faq

How can I get such-and-such coin listed on Poloniex?
Send an email to [email protected] and tell us about your coin. There is no set of rules, but we like to see evidence of the developers' dedication to the project, community interest, and, more than anything, innovation. If your coin is truly innovative in some way, it is more or less guaranteed to be accepted by Poloniex.

Activity: 27
Wow, this coin's name is very long. POS is a model is very good.
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
Any chance to get a working Mac wallet? I can't sync up anymore Sad
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
Come get your PHS before PoS kicks in!

http://www.hasher.ca

2% fee PROP reward system
DDoS Protected
High Performance Backend
Simple setup and usage
ProfitPorts (beta testing now)

To mine:

Username: your PHS wallet address OR your generated Public Key
Password: anything
URL (vardiff): stratum+tcp://stratum.hasher.ca:3574

PHS go straight to your wallet once the block is confirmed. We don't hold your PHS!

Cheers and Happy Hashing!
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting
Despite being team manager of Mintcoin, I am new to very high stakes. I thought Mintcoin was crazy high with 20%, I now realise this is not the case.

So pardon my ignorance. Why would you invest in Hobonickel if TEKcoin has an even higher interest? Granted, it goes high but it can also go low. And if your goal is not to sell, why does it matter?

If I can choose with my bank, an offer at 10% interest and another at 15% and that both are equally risky (or risk-free), why would I ever consider the 10% (except fear of a scam)

Probably I misunderstand all of this, thank you to clarify.

Your assumption is that all coins are equal, and will enjoy same level of adoptation and price development.
As for your bank interest rate parable, you should think of it as depositing money in 2 different countries, each with different inflation levels and economic development.
The fact that TEKcoin has such high level of interest rate means the money supply is going to keep prices down, and potentially 40% return in a month may be offset by a 50% drop in price. Also up till recently TEKcoin development was almost non-existant, that combined with massive inflation built in to the coin made me cautious to invest too much in it.

20% interest rate of MintCoin is crazy high if you compare to most high street brick-and-mortar banks, but cryptocurrency cannot be compared to the physical world, yet. 20% price corrections in a single day is not unheard of, and in that light 20%/year interest rate is not much of a hedge against price fluctuations.

PHS price has been very stable despite the recent issues, and with that in mind 50% APR is a pretty sweet deal.

Just my 2 stones.

I am glad I am not the only person who feels the same way.

i'm in as well, bought my piece today.  But without being able to move them out of cryptsy it's a bit of an issue at the moment.

PHS has a good history of volatility, if you look at the chats for the ~200 sat, to ~50k sat move, was some fun times, and of course down too . But yep up till recently was always some nice easy channels, just small sizes.

In other news

POW Mining isn't off yet and is working for the time being and will be done in a short phaseout period with next client.

Could use some PoW miners to smooth out this transition,. Patch is ready and will monitor the situation for best timing.
legendary
Activity: 1232
I have some PHS stuck on cryptsy aswell. Not going to move them  until withdrawals are 100% secure.
legendary
Activity: 1023
Merit: 1001
Tokenize Fantasy Sports
Despite being team manager of Mintcoin, I am new to very high stakes. I thought Mintcoin was crazy high with 20%, I now realise this is not the case.

So pardon my ignorance. Why would you invest in Hobonickel if TEKcoin has an even higher interest? Granted, it goes high but it can also go low. And if your goal is not to sell, why does it matter?

If I can choose with my bank, an offer at 10% interest and another at 15% and that both are equally risky (or risk-free), why would I ever consider the 10% (except fear of a scam)

Your assumption is that all coins are equal, and will enjoy same level of adoptation and price development.
As for your bank interest rate parable, you should think of it as depositing money in 2 different countries, each with different inflation levels and economic development.
The fact that TEKcoin has such high level of interest rate means the money supply is going to keep prices down, and potentially 40% return in a month may be offset by a 50% drop in price. Also up till recently TEKcoin development was almost non-existant, that combined with massive inflation built in to the coin made me cautious to invest too much in it.

20% interest rate of MintCoin is crazy high if you compare to most high street brick-and-mortar banks, but cryptocurrency cannot be compared to the physical world, yet. 20% price corrections in a single day is not unheard of, and in that light 20%/year interest rate is not much of a hedge against price fluctuations.

PHS price has been very stable despite the recent issues, and with that in mind 50% APR is a pretty sweet deal.

Just my 2 stones.

i'm in as well, bought my piece today.  But without being able to move them out of cryptsy it's a bit of an issue at the moment.
legendary
Activity: 1232

Just my 2 stones.

Activity: 14
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
Any updates for those with Mac wallet?

I can't get block chain to fully sync. All my coins go into stake and just sit there, never fully confirming.

Pages:
Jump to: