Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][PHS][50% PoS] PhilosopherStone | NoPremine |10 month Dist | 1.6.4.1 - page 2. (Read 121919 times)

Activity: 444
Merit: 250
Life is a bitch, get used to it...
So what are you doing here??? PHS is not some P&D coin. Wanna troll? go to your EXCL thread, please.
Activity: 280

To answer the post about costs, PHS requires about $40 a month upkeep for the basics:  seednodes, webpage, and maintenance/donation to richlist/explorer/, so low overhead. I intend to get the hosting/webpage and richlist updating again as soon as I talk to those guys (was planning new release for late September/ early OCT).

The new optimized /energy efficient version is in beta testing now, and has been for month+, if you want to try it out just PM me, bugs are indeed possible so if you have the technical level to backup and restore wallet if need be, you can enjoy all the new features (including massive reduction in CPU usage/resources).

The new BETA VERSION is Amazingly better, I am minting with PHS in the background on a laptop with a safaricom modem (low bandwidth usage) and still watching streaming news in Africa.  I am typically staking in the THOUSANDS of STONES.  - Digeros

I know PHS is quiet/sleeper,... but it's always been this way for anyone around since the beginning. Much of that has to do with everything running smoothly... Since the Switch to PoS only everything seems to be running smooth. Compare to scam coins with 1000s of posts,. PHS just isn't about that. There isn't manufactured daily drama just to keep it in 'the news', or other children's games, it is what it is. TBH I'm not really good at marketing, and the position has always been open  Cheesy

Connectivity : for the other post above about nodes,... I grab about 50 over an hour or so very easily, make sure you have UPNP on your router or open port 16281 to accept incoming connections.
Activity: 280
Hello All,

When I check the difficulty I get:

"proof-of-stake" : 0.05457057,
"search-interval" : 1

Isn't this high for a POS-difficulty? My other coins: TEK, HBN, CAP.... are at least x10 lower.

I have not staked in along time.

Greetings, Alex_Koekie

Yes its stake diff

Because more stones are being minted than mined at this time... There are obviously a lot of holders  Mint weigh reported 1.7 million out of only something like 2.1 million Stones total... _digeros
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
http://fuk.io - check it out!
Hello All,

Isn't this high for a POS-difficulty? My other coins: TEK, HBN, CAP.... are at least x10 lower.

Greetings, Alex_Koekie

Yes its stake diff
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Hello All,

Greetings, Alex_Koekie
Activity: 763
Merit: 534
Hmmmm. Unick's block explorer and rich list seem to be down. Maybe PHS should move to http://cryptocoinexplorer.com/ like HBN and CAP ended up doing.
I had to wait only FOUR Cheesy
Incompetent bastards.... Angry
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
After TWO MONTHS! I finally got my coins from Cryptsy.

Two months.
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
That is Great news Palmdetroit, spent the last week doing just as you suggested, cleaned up my crazy networking setup and now port forwarding 16281 to the client running here full node most of the time, all working well.  Will pm you if my schedule allows, happy to help with testing the latest...
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting
LOL, after FOUR months i finally received my , lost in nirvana, PHS coins from CRAPTSY.
Hold your bags guys...............!!!

Better late then never  Tongue

To answer the post about costs, PHS requires about $40 a month upkeep for the basics:  seednodes, webpage, and maintenance/donation to richlist/explorer/, so low overhead. I intend to get the hosting/webpage and richlist updating again as soon as I talk to those guys (was planning new release for late September/ early OCT).

The new optimized /energy efficient version is in beta testing now, and has been for month+, if you want to try it out just PM me, bugs are indeed possible so if you have the technical level to backup and restore wallet if need be, you can enjoy all the new features (including massive reduction in CPU usage/resources).

I know PHS is quiet/sleeper,... but it's always been this way for anyone around since the beginning. Much of that has to do with everything running smoothly... Since the Switch to PoS only everything seems to be running smooth. Compare to scam coins with 1000s of posts,. PHS just isn't about that. There isn't manufactured daily drama just to keep it in 'the news', or other children's games, it is what it is. TBH I'm not really good at marketing, and the position has always been open  Cheesy

Connectivity : for the other post above about nodes,... I grab about 50 over an hour or so very easily, make sure you have UPNP on your router or open port 16281 to accept incoming connections.
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
@cryptonit please delete your spam message.

PHS wallet is working fine.
LOL, after FOUR months i finally received my , lost in nirvana, PHS coins from CRAPTSY.
Hold your bags guys...............!!!
Activity: 206
Love this coin, its one of my favorite: STONES!

Got just enough to start minting, already its doing so very nicely having added over 30 stones and about to birth 6 more.  Even @ these prices its expensive to me, yet I see it going back above 20000+

...it really works good, and should be on BTC's Most favorite POS coins list...
 Grin

Some questions/problems:

1) http://phstones.com/cgi-sys/suspendedpage.cgi

Seems that phstones.com is no more...

2) So this leads me to the opening post on this [ANN] thread, besides the dead website link, there are 3 images at the bottom of the post that show 'Image invalid'. 'Unlock wallet if Locked' & 'Minting When stake icon is green' text are the only things that show.

3) Right now I've between 9-11 nodes connected, nice.....Typically it's been between 4 and 6, sometimes my connections are so bad, the client is stuck in a 'blocks behind condition' for long periods of time, was going to check out the coin's website, looking for a newer current 'addnode' list (again), and found the above suspendedpage.cgi

Been running with a philosopherstone.conf file list from http://dns.phstones.com/ on 7/27/2014, that had 57 ip addr's in it, allot.  Could list them here if anybody wants them, but I'm thinking of deleting my peers.dat and starting fresh without them.  Anybody have a few solid connection suggestions for a typically connected usa node, like me?

@Palmdetroit - To tied up in other source code to really dig into your work, your contribution here is obviously immense and PHS has become one of the 'proof of' coin's that I was looking for & planning to accumulating long term.

so....

...been wondering.  What is it going to take to keep the website open?  Any plans for a upgrade?

The client tells me:
Copyright © 2009-2012 Bitcoin Developers
Copyright © 2012 PPCoin Developers
Copyright © 2013 NovaCoin Developers
Copyright © 2013-2014 Philosopherstone Developers

Ok So...to me at least, THAT looks like a fairly complex question to answer, and depends on the PPCoin and/or NovaCoin developers too.

If you could, appreciate any time you might have to tell us your thoughts and/or comment on possible donation needs, timetables, upgrade plans etc.

ETA: The more I think about it, the client is one of the few, I don't think needs any upgrade @ this time, just having a good connection is problematic.
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
Someone is dumping BIG amounts of PHS.

Maybe people on top of the richlist are selling their interests?
Someone is dumping BIG amounts of PHS.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005
I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!
Activity: 139
legendary
legendary
Well, my withdrawal finally came through one day short of FOUR MONTHS later. Yes, it took 111 days for Cryptsy to process my withdrawal correctly. They closed my ticket without resolving it more times than I remember.

I'm glad that's over, but holy shit, Crypsty is awful.
And you are still a lucky one. I haven't be paid yet and they closed my tickets... again.

Let's hope the problems will all now be solved automatically, one by one, as Cryptsy's wallets are all updated properly. I think we can assume that Cryptsy didn't lift one finger to act any differently in response to the PHS problems, and the fact that they're being solved now is just a result of routine maintenance.

I did notice emails coming in for tickets from 'back' then slowly over the last week.  

Perhaps someone is actually clearing up all the old tickets!

edit x
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
seems http://cryptofunds.pw recompiled wallet and works back, ive deposited some there
check - maybe better than craptsy
craptsy is better i think  Undecided
Pages:
Jump to: