Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][PHS][50% PoS] PhilosopherStone | NoPremine |10 month Dist | 1.6.4.1 - page 59. (Read 121938 times)

Activity: 272
Merit: 250
Lol here I am taking a day to get 1 stone, and I see you moving a thousand around.

Makes me feel poor

Even a whale starts out as one cell.  Keep plugging away, put more money into equipment when you can.  Ask for parts instead of that new go-kart  Cool
Activity: 598
Merit: 501
I just wanted to clarify since I'm a Proof of Stake newb.

So you will have a chance that the coins you have in your wallet will auto mine it if not disturbed for two weeks?

Would the wallet have to be on at all times?

What if I added more and didn't remove?

Does the amount of PHS you have matter? Like if I had 1 PHS would it just try and mine 1 PHS or try for a block? which I think is what 32 right now?

I'm not mining the coin, got my coins by buying them. But I know some answers to your questions.
Your wallet doesn't have to be online all the time. Just run it every 10 days or once a year if you like.
But if you get some interest, the moment it's added to your wallet, the new coins have to "sit still" for some time
as well. So when you run you're client every 5 tot 10 days, interest over the new coins will built up faster.
And if you have a locked wallet, you can use this link to unlock is for minting: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4351367

good luck!
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
I just wanted to clarify since I'm a Proof of Stake newb.

So you will have a chance that the coins you have in your wallet will auto mine it if not disturbed for two weeks?

Would the wallet have to be on at all times?

What if I added more and didn't remove?

Does the amount of PHS you have matter? Like if I had 1 PHS would it just try and mine 1 PHS or try for a block? which I think is what 32 right now?
Lol here I am taking a day to get 1 stone, and I see you moving a thousand around.

Makes me feel poor
I'm on the latest beta, no extra .conf or .bat files created.
I have about 998 stones which are about 21 days old. Still
"MinWeight" is = 0

how does that come? I thought by now I should have some minting going on isn't it?
Or at least MinWeight should be some better than 0... Am I doing something wrong?

http://www.diamondblocks.info/address/9jzGM2a1uSLgKoLZiZu7eCDt44sHbyYLr5

If you look on explorer you can see the 2nd trans here has when you moved the 1 stone and reset the age on the first deposit.

Should see the number in the below continue to rise and then move to min in the next day or 2.

BTW minweight is >5 days

Okay, thank you very much. I believe the technology will work. But by moving 1 stone I screwed up my first interest payment I guess  Shocked
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting
"MinWeight" is = 0

how does that come? I thought by now I should have some minting going on isn't it?
Or at least MinWeight should be some better than 0... Am I doing something wrong?

http://www.diamondblocks.info/address/9jzGM2a1uSLgKoLZiZu7eCDt44sHbyYLr5

If you look on explorer you can see the 2nd trans here has when you moved the 1 stone and reset the age on the first deposit.

Should see the number in the below continue to rise and then move to min in the next day or 2.

BTW minweight is >5 days
"MinWeight" is = 0

Yet another PoS Question

If transferring stones out of the wallet, are the 'new' coins the first out, or the stake coins, or both?

There is a coin control addition which can be added to PHS to help with this(determine which coins,etc), but it's further down on the priorities for right now. Wink

I vote new stones out by default.

Good thinking!  I'm sure we'll all be watching for that.
legendary
Yet another PoS Question

If transferring stones out of the wallet, are the 'new' coins the first out, or the stake coins, or both?

There is a coin control addition which can be added to PHS to help with this(determine which coins,etc), but it's further down on the priorities for right now. Wink

legendary

This is normal behavior, just let it sit for a bit and you should mint.  In the new beta wallet 1.3.1 you can also help>debug and click on console tab then type in 'getmininginfo' to see how many stones are ready. Or with 1.3.0 it will tell you your weights.

Thanx, I installed the beta wallet and let it run for 12 hours now. I have 12 connections to the network and my wallet is still unlocked through the console. I use no extra .conf or .bat files.
This is what I see in the console after typing 'getmininginfo' :

I'm curious, how long does it take before some stones become "Stakeready"?
Some stones are in my wallet for about 18 days now. On the PS website they talk about 5 to 10 days.
I guess it's longer the first time isn't it???
And when I sent half of my stones to another website, will the interest still built up for the untouched stones?

Keep up the good work....

You'll begin to see numbers in minweight when some are more than 5 days old (max weight is = 15 or more), and yes all age to the coins is lost when they are sent! (only on ones sent)

You should be able to see the numbers growing if you do a getmininginfo again.

This is normal behavior, just let it sit for a bit and you should mint.  In the new beta wallet 1.3.1 you can also help>debug and click on console tab then type in 'getmininginfo' to see how many stones are ready. Or with 1.3.0 it will tell you your weights.

Thanx, I installed the beta wallet and let it run for 12 hours now. I have 12 connections to the network and my wallet is still unlocked through the console. I use no extra .conf or .bat files.
This is what I see in the console after typing 'getmininginfo' :

Code:
18:35:08

getmininginfo

18:35:08

{
"blocks" : 124902,
"currentblocksize" : 1376,
"currentblocktx" : 1,
"difficulty" : 22.29134944,
"networkhashps" : 912902186,
"PoWmhashps" : 143.97085239,
"netstake" : 30098,
"errors" : "",
"pooledtx" : 1,
"BelowWeight" : 5130,
"MinWeight" : 0,
"MaxWeight" : 0,
"TotalWeight" : 0,
"StakeReadyStones" : 0,
"stakeinterest" : 0,
"testnet" : false
}

I'm curious, how long does it take before some stones become "Stakeready"?
Some stones are in my wallet for about 18 days now. On the PS website they talk about 5 to 10 days.
I guess it's longer the first time isn't it???
And when I sent half of my stones to another website, will the interest still built up for the untouched stones?

Keep up the good work....
Yet another PoS Question

Well, I certainly wish I had seen that linked post before... don't know how I missed it. 

I think what I figured out was the 'old school' method, taken from the PPC? link that was in this thread's first iteration.  That may have been from before all the goodies were built in to our client?

Anywho, a couple more days until my coins are mature enough to generate interest.

Palmdetroit, I have seen your name mining at PHSBlocks I believe.  Does your screen name reflect where you live/lived?  I was born in Grosse Point.  Grandma lived in the city at Mack and Drexel.  Absolutely nothing left of the neighborhood except streets, some sidewalks and alleys.  So very sad.
legendary
Is this normal?

I'm reading on my client the difficulty is 0.0001XXXX on block 129398 but the pool I'm mining at in Minar is saying its 32?

If its that low I should just solo mine

in 1.3.1 This has already been clarified , it will read "Current Stake difficulty is X"

You can also click help>debug>console> and type in "getdifficulty"

This will  show both PoS and PoW difficulty  Wink
Is this normal?

I'm reading on my client the difficulty is 0.0001XXXX on block 129398 but the pool I'm mining at in Minar is saying its 32?

If its that low I should just solo mine
POS Minting

I searched and read thru the site picking up things here and there.  Failed a few times but this seems like it will work:

Dropped a philosopherstone.conf in \Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Philosopherstone that looks like this:

---
server=1

# You must set rpcuser and rpcpassword to secure the JSON-RPC api
rpcuser=
rpcpassword=
---

Then, in my wallet directory, I made and dropped in mint.bat that looks like this:
---
@echo off
@echo Enter PPC password...
SET /P variable=Password :
stoned walletpassphrase %variable% 9999999 true
---

After it's all synced up, opened a DOS command window and changed to the wallet directory.  Ran mint.  Here's where I had trouble.  It didn't seem to want the rpcpassword, I just got password errors.  I finally figured out it wants the wallet password, or pass phrase in "quotes".  Not placing quotes around the pass phrase will give an error also.

So, I entered my pass phrase and .... the "not minting" in the left corner went away, and the lock in the right corner sez "wallet is encrypted and unlocked".  I assume this means I was finally successful?

I can't tell yet, haven't read anything here yet that says yay or nay.  Also, I don't have stake yet, as my coins are only a couple days old.  I understand they must 'age' a bit, 5 days minimum to 15 days for fully weighted, if I remember correctly.

So, success or fail?  Only the superior-intellegenced and experienced humans populating this thread will know, and perhaps speak?

Thanx all!
Activity: 296
A MUST READ!!!!!!

Team,

A bit of a downturn in the market today.  Hopefully it will stabilize and we can continue an uptrend soon.  Remember, nothing goes just straight up.  But you know, this coin has GREAT potential.  I love it more than bitcoin.  Why?  
1.  It has a cool ass name - Philosopher Stones is very unique and will catch the attention of many people.  Especially people with money and who have above avg intelligence.
2.  It will produce less than 10 million coins in total.  50% less than bitcoin.  WOW!!!  This coin has the potential to become very rare.  Wanted by many.  Price could soar PAST bitcoin if it catches on.
3.  Proof of Stake (PoS) - PeerCoin (PPC) uses this feature but only provides 1% interest.  But wait...drum roll.....PHS provides up to 50% interest annually, 3.44% monthly.  Are you crazy!!!  There is no coin that even comes close to doing this.  So guess what, In my opinion, we that own this coin should NEVER sell them until you retire or become a millionaire.  No investment gives you returns like this.
4.  ASIC Resistance - While you work, watch videos, or browse, the PHS client can mine coins for you as fast as new specialized hardware- without the heat, noise, and huge electric bills.
5.  Energy Efficiency -PHS uses existing hardware and does not require huge, power hungry mining to maintain the network.

Overall, this is my #1 coin by far.  Let's bring people into our community and build it up.  Pass the word around about these cool stones.  I feel one day we will look back and be thankful we discovered PHS during its infancy to watch it grow to hundreds or maybe thousands per stone.

ps.. if your reading this and are not part of our community, please join and help us out.  We are getting ready to EXPLODE!!!!

bdc2343
Hey guys let me know if this helps??

Step 1:  Open your wallet
Step 2:  At the top you will see an option:  Help
Step 3:  Click Console tab.  Then at bottom of that screen, type in help
Step 4:  You will see a list of commands the program can receive for your wallet, near the bottom of the list, notice the walletpassphrase command syntax.
Step 5:  where you typed in help, type in:  walletpassphrase yourwalletpassword 9999999 true.  yourwalletpassword is the encryped password you gave your wallet.
Step 6:  Notice your wallet lock should now be unlocked (lower right corner).  Also, I think the code now perform auto minting when the wallet is unlocked when you pass the true variable.
Step 7:  When you want to lock your wallet, type in walletlock.

Please let me know if this helps.  I also struggled for days trying to figure this out.  I work with programmers every day and know how they think, they sometimes have a manual command line way to perform certain functions.  I'm glad this version has the console command line configured in.

bdc2343   Smiley

Thanx for the steps. I am able to unlock my wallet this way. But on the leftside corner I still have the message: "minting suspended due to locked wallet"
The little wallet logo on the right shows the wallet is unlocked. It also shows the text: "wallet is encrypted and currently unlocked" while hoovering over.
This means PS is telling me 2 different things. 1. Your wallet is unlocked. 2. The program cannot mint because the wallet is locked.

Oeps,.... little update! Now the message about not being able to mint is gone (took about 10 min.) So the wallet is unlocked and the message is gone.
Does anyone know how to add coins to the "Stake" part in my wallet? While I look at the overview, I see the numer of coins I have but none of them shows up after Stake:
Some coins I received 19 december. So I must be able to get some coins now isn't it?

Activity: 18
Merit: 0
I also like the second one.  It's a perfect fit for our theme. 

Also don't forget the one in your previous post that has the dark stones in the water.  That one to me is the coolest. 

Thanks!  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: