Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][PHS][50% PoS] PhilosopherStone | NoPremine |10 month Dist | 1.6.4.1 - page 62. (Read 121938 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
We are still working out the kinks - I believe I have identified the issue where we were not able to solve blocks.  If people could help us by donating some MhS and mining at our pool it would be much appreciated so we can continue to troubleshoot.

http://pool.phsblocks.com

Also once the pool is up and running it will be supporting the block explorer - http://www.phsblocks.com

Thanks!
Trip

EDIT: We have identified another issue and again trying to solve first block so if you can help that would be great. Once we do have these issues squared away we will make another announcement.  And we plan to share ALL bonus blocks on our pool Smiley

Palm and I have resolved the issue with the pool and have verified blocks are creating on testnet. Now please come mine! and support the block explorer at the same time!

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
If the coins all arrived at the same time and are truly resting in the wallet they should start creating Stakes in 5-10 days.  You will see the stakes held and then the POS blocks come into your wallet in increments 50% annual means you get the equivalent of 3.44% monthly interest. so blocks equal to about 1.15% are generated every 10 Days. -digeros

Thanks! I understand now.

And what about unlocking for minting? Does it work from console? "ppcoind" part of command is getting error, so i use only "walletpassphrase....".

Yes use philosopherstoneD instead  Wink

Maybe we should just shorten this to StoneD on next release?
StoneD or PhiloStoneD works for me.. -digeros
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
We are still working out the kinks - I believe I have identified the issue where we were not able to solve blocks.  If people could help us by donating some MhS and mining at our pool it would be much appreciated so we can continue to troubleshoot.

Also once the pool is up and running it will be supporting the block explorer - http://www.phsblocks.com

Thanks!
Trip

EDIT: We have identified another issue and again trying to solve first block so if you can help that would be great. Once we do have these issues squared away we will make another announcement.  And we plan to share ALL bonus blocks on our pool Smiley
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
Whats the biggest PHS pool?
New pool Beta testing:

http://pool.phsblocks.com/

Bonus for first block finder

Good Going DUDE  A NEW POOL IS GREAT!!  Race you to that first Block!!!! haha - digeros
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I would make sure QT is running.. it will say ""Wallet is encrypted and currently unlocked for block minting only"" when unlocked

Make sure passphrase is correct, wallet is encrypted,  should work  Tongue

All working now, thanks again! Smiley
Yes use philosopherstoneD instead  Wink

Maybe we should just shorten this to StoneD on next release?

Thanks! No more questions. Smiley

Maybe "phsd" of "phscoind"?

upd: if i use "philosopherstoned walletpassphrase *** 9999999 true" i get same error "Method not found (code -32601)". What i do wrong?
If the coins all arrived at the same time and are truly resting in the wallet they should start creating Stakes in 5-10 days.  You will see the stakes held and then the POS blocks come into your wallet in increments 50% annual means you get the equivalent of 3.44% monthly interest. so blocks equal to about 1.15% are generated every 10 Days. -digeros

Thanks! I understand now.

And what about unlocking for minting? Does it work from console? "ppcoind" part of command is getting error, so i use only "walletpassphrase....".
Hey everyone! I like PHS's name and logo, so bought some. Grin

I got newbie a questions about PoS mining.

If i unlock my wallet from console (walletpassphrase *** 9999999 true), PoS will be working? Bat file from tutorial won't work for me. And how long it will take for coins to go to stake?
Hey everyone! I like PHS's name and logo, so bought some. Grin

I got newbie a questions about PoS mining.

If i unlock my wallet from console (walletpassphrase *** 9999999 true), PoS will be working? Bat file from tutorial won't work for me. And how long it will take for coins to go to stake?
Activity: 308
How much time i have to wait to find a block minning solo at 2200Khs?
Activity: 434
PhilosopherStone QT 1.2.6 Win32 High Performance available.

Only needed for those with older wallets(with many transactions, mining,etc), who suffer constant 100% cpu usage.  *Will not work on some older PCs.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/philosopherstone/files/PHS/

Is this also for linux? any changes on the repo?
Activity: 308
Hi, anyone can help me?

I'm trying to mine PHS solo but cgminer doesn't connect.

This is my philosopherstone.conf:

server=1
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=pass
rpcport=16282
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1
rpcallowip=192.168.1.42

and this the .bat:

--scrypt -o  127.0.0.1:16282 -u user -p pass -I 13 -g 2 -w 256 --shaders 2048 --thread-concurrency 8192  --gpu-engine 1080 --gpu-memclock 1500 --gpu-powertune 20 --temp-target=70 --temp-overheat=85 --auto-fan

I put the .conf and the client -qt here:
C:\Users\LuisAlberto\AppData\Roaming\Philosopherstone

I open the -qt and then launch the cgminer but it doesn't work.

Plz help me :-)
Activity: 5
Most mine it solo, since difficulty adjusts frequently, and there is the chance for the doubles and susperblocks, but there is also another pool in testing.
Gotcha. Well, I don't think I can afford to mine it solo with only 160 KH/s on my 7750... Lol. Thanks for the response!
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting
PHS Added:

http://coinmarketcap.com/

If anyone has btc38 account please let them know to Activate PHS
Activity: 5
Where is everyone mining this coin? I've been mining at phs.minar.cc, whose pool hashrate is like 15 MH/s at the moment, but the network hashrate has shot up to like 3 GH/s. Is there another pool somewhere that I'm not finding?
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023
The price is dropping like other coins, any particular reason or is it just following the other coin trends?  Also, is there any other markets taking on the coin?  I noticed btc38 has the coin listed but I dont think its available for trading yet?

When BTC goes down almost all alts go down 25%-75%.

This coin is in the 25% range so top of the pack in stability.
When you look to buy coins always pick one where the Dev actually is still alive. Like this one Smiley
He is posting multiple times today.

There are like dozens of alts that are dead dead... and people still buy them.
Where would you rather have your money? In a company that has an office but it's been empty for a year
and cobwebs have formed. Or in a company that has clean offices and all everyone in their chairs.

PHS is the cream.
Activity: 907
Merit: 1003
8.8 Million was the original estimate of Mined PoW coins, but the PoS activity is bringing this number down, considerably. The cap limit, and coin generation is adjustable and can be changed if a majority of coinholders and miners want to do so at a later date.
Why is proof of stake making the total less. I thought the interest incurred with proof of stake would make the total coins higher if anything.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023
Thanks. I just got your new 1.2.6 client and I mined my first PHS coin on dmd.minar.cc pool.

I am brand new to this coin, and I have a question:

How does interest work on a cryptocoin such as PHS?

The Philosopherstone site says: "Philosopherstone provides annual interest rate of 50%, for stakes that are not moved during the period. This equivalent to 3.44% monthly interest. PoS blocks will be generated if the stake is held for more than 5-10 days."

Does this mean if I own 500 PHS coins, then after 1 year if I do not touch them, I willl suddenly have 750 PHS?

Can someone explain fully what happens and how interest works?

Lastly, wouldn't that mean there would be way more than 8.8 million total PHS coins made, due to the interest growth? it would seem there would be no actual limit to the number of coins in circulation.

Well after 5-10 days you will notice a transaction show up in your same wallet with new stones, and then this would repeat every 5-10days (Or when you run the client).  You can see these payments here:
http://www.phsblocks.com/

I also put a screenshot of it working on one of the first couple posts on this thread, that might give you a better idea.

8.8 Million was the original estimate of Mined PoW coins, but the PoS activity is bringing this number down, considerably. The cap limit, and coin generation is adjustable and can be changed if a majority of coinholders and miners want to do so at a later date.

The current number of coins that exists is 1,498,297 PHS. Where do you think the available number of coins could be in 1 month?
Pages:
Jump to: