Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][PI] piCoin - The Math Cryptocurrency - Just Launched, Now on 3 Exchanges - page 33. (Read 81497 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Houston we have a problem  Wink

Diff 409 is not compatible with whole network hashrate..
Agreed.What's wrong with this coin.I won't lose electricity to mine this shit.

This is what is going wrong :

Pools are reporting correctly. If you're in a pool that recently found a block it will show a decent coin/day rate basing its calculation off the information it has.

The coin is broken. Without KGW in place, it has at re-target of 1 block. The 1 block re-target non KGW is very flawed. If you get lucky and get a coin really quickly it will whammy you with what we have right now which is 25 min between blocks. Once the next block gets found (during the 25 min window) it will set the difficulty really low to make up for the last block. Then that one gets picked up too quickly and back we are again at the 25 min re-target.

Each pool depending on if they found a block recently will change their estimates on how many coins you can mine in a day. If they found one recently you have a higher rate, if you haven't you get a lower rate.

All simple calculations. The coin will need a fork to change the 1 target to at least 10 until KGW is implemented
Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Agreed.What's wrong with this coin.I won't lose electricity to mine this shit.
Pools are reporting correctly. If you're in a pool that recently found a block it will show a decent coin/day rate basing its calculation off the information it has.

The coin is broken. Without KGW in place, it has at re-target of 1 block. The 1 block re-target non KGW is very flawed. If you get lucky and get a coin really quickly it will whammy you with what we have right now which is 25 min between blocks. Once the next block gets found (during the 25 min window) it will set the difficulty really low to make up for the last block. Then that one gets picked up too quickly and back we are again at the 25 min re-target.

Each pool depending on if they found a block recently will change their estimates on how many coins you can mine in a day. If they found one recently you have a higher rate, if you haven't you get a lower rate.

All simple calculations. The coin will need a fork to change the 1 target to at least 10 until KGW is implemented

Absolutely true.
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
Mining at http://pi.hashing.at

Now just waiting for my earned coins to be confirmed, looks like it's gonna take a while.  Also auto payout seems broke.

Let me know what problem you have with auto payout, so I can take a look ?
I just checked again and it's set properly.  I am going to shun myself and say I just need to be more patient.  I'm not used to being part of a coin that didn't majorly botch its launch!
Activity: 751
Merit: 500
Add these nodes:

Code:
addnode=107.170.231.15
addnode=50.174.64.187
addnode=148.251.12.124
addnode=98.126.255.243
Activity: 28
Merit: 0

Now just waiting for my earned coins to be confirmed, looks like it's gonna take a while.  Also auto payout seems broke.

If I set a number for auto payout, enter my pin, then click on Update PI Options it appears to have worked.  Then if I switch to any other page and return back my auto payout is back at 0.

Holding coins in an online wallet makes me nervous.  Embarrassed

Hey thanks a lot for the report.

Actually the information was saved but it wasn't displayed ... defaulting to 0 always. It was just a visual bug ... but anyways .. a bug is a bug Smiley

Is fixed now.
Activity: 21
A couple people said that they were not seeing the cool graphics and background we used for the wallet. Many people also said graphics were working fine, but we digress. We have since updated the download to work for everyone. If you were having the graphics issue and would like to use the fancy wallet, please redownload here: https://mega.co.nz/#!wtoXGZDD!Z4lyJhgDTqv7vExOs8UZs9tRTIs0pYicAHCX0JmLK2Y

No password necessary.

That did the trick.
Activity: 230

Activity: 9
Difficulty    766.39767367  Huh
Activity: 182
Yeah... I mined your mom last night.
Activity: 182
Yeah... I mined your mom last night.

If I set a number for auto payout, enter my pin, then click on Update PI Options it appears to have worked.  Then if I switch to any other page and return back my auto payout is back at 0.

Holding coins in an online wallet makes me nervous.  Embarrassed
Activity: 168
Your logo is awesome, but dat wallet hurts my retinas.

Activity: 28

Activity: 9
any of that premine getting pumped into the faucet?
Activity: 56
pool   http://pi.sumpool.com  

up & minming

0%  fee pplns

auto-pay:5 minutes

Again, see my previous post. Your pool is BROKEN.

Fix it so people can mine there and ACTUALLY GET PAID... sheesh.

You mean?Huh??
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Pool? No, the coin is broken. KGW will kick in at block 35000 and until then we have traditional retarget every block, looking hack 4 blocks. Very fragile, someone gets lucky to compute a block in fraction of time and the next one is a block with diff sky high ...

No... your brain is broken.

Seriously man... with as many pi that come out per block... and someone with 16MH/s is only making 81pi per day? That's the POOL being broken, not the coin, when other pools are reporting WAY better payout results for lower hash-rates.

Sorry... but until you fully understand how the system works, I suggest you close your mouth before you insert foot.

What a newbie asshat.
Pages:
Jump to: