Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][PI] piCoin - The Math Cryptocurrency - Just Launched, Now on 3 Exchanges - page 29. (Read 81497 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Yeah... I mined your mom last night.

https://github.com/00123/projectpiCoin/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L1019

This isn't KGW - the network wouldn't fork until block 35000 on the original code:

I'll admit when I'm wrong.

CrunchHarder is right.

https://github.com/megacoin/megacoin/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L1126

The original code for KGW.

YO DEV TEAM... DAFUQ Huh

It was 8:14 PM in here in California, so it was a pretty good for anyone in the Americas or Asia. Not so much for Eastern Europe.

Difficulty is back down to 400. Looks like things are evening out. People sure do panic quickly.

Clearly you don't understand the problem. This isn't the usual "KGW setting diff too high for a short while early on" problem. The linear diff on this is broken. It's only "evening out" at the moment because hashrate is dropping. Any other spikes before KGW will do the same again.

Nobody's panicking. The coin needs fixing and it's best to act quickly.

This is absolutely correct - there is ZERO damping in the diff adjustment. If it manages to keep unsticking now, it'll drop like a stone, hit practically zero, then suddenly spike again to some outrageous value. It's not a one-off, it's what happens when you use an undamped retargeting method every block.

BTW, had to find a VM with Boost1.54 to build the Windows wallet (without spending time getting it sorted for 1.55) for the alternate chain, but it's in-hand, I'll get it out before I go and sleep (ugghh, sweet, sweet sleep...)

KGW:

Yes! Of course! August 28, 2013!
That was the day I invented time-dilated difficulty gravitational wells. The black holes of difficulty formulas! I remember it vividly.
I was standing on the edge of my toilet about to upload a standard fork, the porcelain was wet, I slipped, hit my head on the sink, and when I came to I had a revelation!
A vision! A picture in my head! A picture of this!

This is what makes time-dilated difficulty formulas possible: the Kimoto Gravity Well! It's taken me nearly sixty six years and my entire family fortune to realize the vision of that day.
KGW = 1 + (0.7084 * pow((double(PastBlocksMass)/double(144)), -1.228));

Marty, we don't have much time, we must release it upon the universe today.
The future of Megacoin depends on it.

KGW = 1 + (0.7084 * pow((double(PastBlocksMass)/double(144)), -1.228))
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

KGW is meant to do this, to prevent insta-mining and multi-pools from clogging up the network.

Learn how things work before you say something.

https://github.com/00123/projectpiCoin/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L1019

This isn't KGW - the network wouldn't fork until block 35000 on the original code:

unsigned int static GetNextWorkRequired(const CBlockIndex* pindexLast, const CBlock *pblock)
{
        int DiffMode = 1;
        if (fTestNet) {
                if (pindexLast->nHeight+1 >= 50) { DiffMode = 2; }
        }
        else {
                if (pindexLast->nHeight+1 >= 35000) { DiffMode = 2; }
        }

if (DiffMode == 1) { return GetNextWorkRequired_V1(pindexLast, pblock); }
        else if (DiffMode == 2) { return GetNextWorkRequired_V2(pindexLast, pblock); }
        return GetNextWorkRequired_V2(pindexLast, pblock);
}

It was 8:14 PM in here in California, so it was a pretty good for anyone in the Americas or Asia. Not so much for Eastern Europe.

Difficulty is back down to 400. Looks like things are evening out. People sure do panic quickly.

Clearly you don't understand the problem. This isn't the usual "KGW setting diff too high for a short while early on" problem. The linear diff on this is broken. It's only "evening out" at the moment because hashrate is dropping. Any other spikes before KGW will do the same again.

Obviously someone who hasn't been paying attention.  Roll Eyes

Seriously, difficulty WILL be that high when so many people are mining it at such high hash-power. Pool owners should have expected it, and I'm sure the dev team expected this to happen, but not to this extent.

KGW is meant to do this, to prevent insta-mining and multi-pools from clogging up the network.

Learn how things work before you say something.

If you think you have it figured out, I'd like to see what you've come up with. Show me what you mean, otherwise, don't post something useless without evidence to back it. It just makes sense.

Data I fixed it

Still don't see it.

This is absolutely correct - there is ZERO damping in the diff adjustment. If it manages to keep unsticking now, it'll drop like a stone, hit practically zero, then suddenly spike again to some outrageous value. It's not a one-off, it's what happens when you use an undamped retargeting method every block.

BTW, had to find a VM with Boost1.54 to build the Windows wallet (without spending time getting it sorted for 1.55) for the alternate chain, but it's in-hand, I'll get it out before I go and sleep (ugghh, sweet, sweet sleep...)
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Activity: 56
i thing sumpool is dodgy to say the least... second highest hash on the pool, got no coins ever unconfirmed or otherwise... no reply from owner. clicked on dashboard a few times and they redirected me to some chinese airline ticketing agency... wtf

I think you need to you need to stop spreading lies about people and take a break kid.

Give things time, and stop expecting immediate answers.

I never said anyone was dodgy, cheating, lying, or stealing from their members.

It's people like you who cause problems in the community, and you should re-word your post and sit on your hands until you have something intelligent to share.

Preferably using good grammar.
I think the pool owners who have reset their pools and removed pi-coin from their users' accounts need to apologize, and reimburse them for the loss incurred due to the hasty decisions made by said pool owners.
Activity: 1029
Merit: 712
Speaking of which...

sumpool... you owe me 1006 pi-coin. lol  Cool

I had 4000+ which have just disappeared.

Think I shall leave this coin to it.
block 781 is back to the 400's

Yes, the original chain has managed 2 blocks. I'm somewhat surprised - it'll stick again once a block comes in under the target time though, assuming it gets that far.
Activity: 868
Merit: 508
3:14 utc, really good launch time

no you fail

It was 10:14 PM in here in Texas, so it was a pretty good for anyone in the Americas or Asia. Not so much for Eastern Europe.

no you fail

You're a bit late to the party.

Have a seat in the back.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070

no you fail
There should be a re-launch

Well, IMO that's not really fair on miners who mined blocks 1-720. I rolled back as little as possible under the circumstances. Of course, it's a consensus thing, and if people want a relaunch, all they have to do is not mine either chain.

You might want to fix your pool and put it back on the correct block-chain.

As I said it would... the network regulated itself and difficulty is back down.

I hope you backed everything up before you jacked it up, otherwise your miners will be pissed.
Speaking of which...

sumpool... you owe me 1006 pi-coin. lol  Cool
When is this going to hit so I can inform my PIM (Partner in Mining).

He is at his house sound asleep, and will awaken very PISSED OFF because he has 6MH/s running at Hashing.at, and is currently #1 in hashing power on the server.

He has quite the stake, and will need some sort of clear-cut explanation.

Besides, your pool has 16 confirmations left to clear block 767... and pay-out.

No action is necessary from him at the moment.

As if I do this he will just start mining on the new chain automatically.

Yeah is 16 from 30 though Smiley

Remember how I said patience? Yeah... as pool owners, you guys need to realize that applies to you too.

As I said 16, it is now 15.

Give it a minute. Difficulty is dropping and the network is regulating itself.

You guys are jumping the gun and you're going to royally #$%# things up for this launch.

EDIT

As I said... see the post above.
Activity: 9
block 781 is back to the 400's
Rolling it back about 5 or so blocks to 775 for the fix would be a better idea than cutting out 55 more blocks than necessary. The difficulty only jumped during the last several blocks.

Pages:
Jump to: