Author

Topic: [ANN][POOL] ipoMiner - Profitable multipool targeting new coins + merged mining! - page 119. (Read 366046 times)

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1004
Great job, I love this pool Smiley
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
Oh man, this pool is exactly what I've been looking for, thx!
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
Mine the hottest new coins at ipoMiner.com
Interestingly, it isn't often that we mine a coin for more than 24-48 hours -- either because they take off explosively and difficulty outpaces price, or the price falls enough that they aren't worth mining. ECC has been growing slowly but steadily, without the kind of hype that ruins a coin.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Let's break it down a bit, for those of you wondering why we're mining ECC:

The best current bid for ECC on CryptoRush is 2 satoshis, but there has been a lot of it being bought at 3 satoshis -- tens of millions in the past 24 hours. Look at the current buys vs sells at 3 and 2 satoshis to get an idea.. lots of demand to buy at 2, very little selling at 3 in comparison. That usually indicates the price will rise. At 3 satoshis, returns jump to 0.0087 btc/mh/day -- 33% higher than the ~0.0065 average returned by other multipools in the past 24 hours.

There is definitely a risk in mining ECC right now, but it is a very reasonable, calculated one we choose to make in search of higher than average returns. You are risking the loss of 12% on your day's mining returns as compared to one of the other multipools to possibly beat their returns by 33% (or far more if the price increases beyond 3 satoshis).

We don't regularly, actively mine coins that require 100% speculation; however, we do take risks like this (ECC) often, and I hope my explanation makes sense as to why we do it. This is the only way to earn higher returns, and it is why you should be mining with us.

Please note that if you mine with us, occasionally you *will* earn less than larger multipools on a given day; however, you will very often earn more... and sometimes earn *dramatically* more when a newer coin really takes off. Ask anyone who has mined with us since early February about their personal returns and you will hear a resoundingly positive response.

Also, on a bit of a side note -- PoW mining for ECC is limited to 45 days. There have been several coins recently with limited PoW timeframes that have done extremely well -- MintCoin and BlackCoin to name two. Demand tends to increase as you get closer to the PoW period ending. This is another factor of why ECC makes sense to mine even if it is slightly less profitable on an immediate basis.

I want to congratulate this pool owner. He did a good observation. It's true chance for you. ECC well advertised, much liked a great crypto. It's about a week or two we will go in MINTPAL (big exchange) and then nothing will be same for ECC.
legendary
How is everyone feeling about ECC now? Cryptorush bids are at 3 satoshis, with 29M of buys stacked up at that price. That 33% over other multipools is nice, right? One of the nice things about newer coins with 1-10 satoshi prices is that every satoshi of movement is a big percentage.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
@Stinky_Pete If your worker submits >50% invalid shares it will be banned for 5 minutes.

OK, next question - Why is my worker submitting invalid shares?

I think I was having this issue for some unknown reason on another pool. Using the cgminer option "--no-submit-stale" helped if I remember correctly. Not sure if that is a fix for you. Could be latency if you internet is slow or intermittent.
Activity: 560
@Stinky_Pete If your worker submits >50% invalid shares it will be banned for 5 minutes.

OK, next question - Why is my worker submitting invalid shares?
Activity: 182
Merit: 100

@Invisible Hands There's a complex issue that involves the displaying the statistics calculations vs. calculating them vs. new blocks being found vs. cache expiration timing. It does not affect actual hashrate, share submitted, etc - the problem is only with displaying some of the statistics on the website, occasionally. I'm going to be looking into it but haven't had time to chase it down yet. Wait a minute and refresh the page and you should see it go away.

ahh, ok thanks.
legendary

@Invisible Hands There's a complex issue that involves the displaying the statistics calculations vs. calculating them vs. new blocks being found vs. cache expiration timing. It does not affect actual hashrate, share submitted, etc - the problem is only with displaying some of the statistics on the website, occasionally. I'm going to be looking into it but haven't had time to chase it down yet. Wait a minute and refresh the page and you should see it go away.
Activity: 182
Just curious why there is zero hashrate on ipominer right now
Activity: 221
Hello
I am trying to mine using cgminer under Windows 7. I keep getting the message "Worker is temporarily banned" and not getting any credit for work. How can I fix this?

I think I remember reading about this on Multi-pool. It went away after a short period iirc.
Activity: 560
Hello
I am trying to mine using cgminer under Windows 7. I keep getting the message "Worker is temporarily banned" and not getting any credit for work. How can I fix this?
legendary
Definitely. Adding some basic information for coins like where they are exchanged and possibly the prices we assume are profitable to have mined them at are among the top items on my list of things to do. Thanks for the feedback and for mining with us!
Activity: 165
Just mining my own business...
Site looks nice - I like the idea of having a place to go to try something new, even if speculative.  Like someone else posted, I tried to keep up with the new offerings until it got ridiculous.  Now I mostly limit myself to coin I can actual trade somewhere and has some hash rate behind it, since I have a few wallets with nowhere to trade them.  I appreciate the idea of someone keeping an eye out for new prospects with potential.

That brings me to a suggestion.  Could you post on your site somewhere (probably the FAQs tab) the main exchanges where your coins are listed and maybe a link to the 'home page' for the coins (or at least where the wallet can be found)?  You can be a 'one stop shop' for this category!  It would make it more attractive to potential miners.  Since you are already doing the research on the coins, you should have that info close at hand somewhere.

Cheers!
Activity: 574

The best current bid for ECC on CryptoRush is 2 satoshis, but there has been a lot of it being bought at 3 satoshis -- tens of millions in the past 24 hours. Look at the current buys vs sells at 3 and 2 satoshis to get an idea.. lots of demand to buy at 2, very little selling at 3 in comparison. That usually indicates the price will rise. At 3 satoshis, returns jump to 0.0087 btc/mh/day -- 33% higher than the ~0.0065 average returned by other multipools in the past 24 hours.

There is definitely a risk in mining ECC right now, but it is a very reasonable, calculated one we choose to make in search of higher than average returns. You are risking the loss of 12% on your day's mining returns as compared to one of the other multipools to possibly beat their returns by 33% (or far more if the price increases beyond 3 satoshis).

We don't regularly, actively mine coins that require 100% speculation; however, we do take risks like this (ECC) often, and I hope my explanation makes sense as to why we do it. This is the only way to earn higher returns, and it is why you should be mining with us.

Please note that if you mine with us, occasionally you *will* earn less than larger multipools on a given day; however, you will very often earn more... and sometimes earn *dramatically* more when a newer coin really takes off. Ask anyone who has mined with us since early February about their personal returns and you will hear a resoundingly positive response.

Also, on a bit of a side note -- PoW mining for ECC is limited to 45 days. There have been several coins recently with limited PoW timeframes that have done extremely well -- MintCoin and BlackCoin to name two. Demand tends to increase as you get closer to the PoW period ending. This is another factor of why ECC makes sense to mine even if it is slightly less profitable on an immediate basis.

Sound reasoning and exactly why my lil' ol' 4Mh are with you guys -- I was vetting coins myself for a while, and generally outperformed LTC or Middlecoin, etc. by quite a bit, but it took a LOT of time to watch for coins, download wallets, etc. etc.

Do you guys think you could drop a hint here and there when a selling price for a coin the pool has mined appears decent?
legendary
@AntonUvarov I haven't heard any issues of stales from anyone else mining with us.. most miners have reported far less stales than with other pools in fact. Where are you located / what's your ping latency to our stratum endpoint (pool.ipominer.com)? I suspect we will be opening an EU stratum and possibly US West as the pool's hashrate grows.
legendary

Activity: 261
Merit: 250
Hang on there, no need to be so emotional.
Logically speaking, most altcoins spike up at first, then gradually go lower and lower. So there is a chance ECC will go down to less than a satoshi and get delisted, so that is why a lot of us dump out asap. Most coins I held after mining only went down in value, so its not rational to act like they all go up.
There is also a chance it will rise in value too, but it is still taking a risk, and people should go into it with that mindset. See my post 3 posts above this one, I don't feel like repeating it, but this doesn't have to be an all or nothing game, I put a lot of my hash rate on normal stable pools, and put a portion of it on this risky one, then I can hold onto the altcoins and hope they rise in value. Then I'm not risking everything on it. Just take a calm look at this and come up with whatever strategy works for you, no need to be pretentious.
Activity: 504
Merit: 254
I'm sure that part of the reason is that right now the total pool speed is one guy on a single overclocked Block Erupter - ~400 Mh/s

Are you familiar with scrypt?

I don't mine Scrypt.  Regardless, it's still a low speed.

400MH/s is broadly equivalent to 650 AMD HD 7950 GPUs. It's not immense, but it's nothing to sneeze at either.

Frankly it's probably a good thing as, reading through the thread, it seems that so many miners are stuck in the "OMG must dump everything I'm mining right this minute for BTC!!!! But the rate NOW isn't awesome??? OMGWTFBBQ??!???" mindset. The last thing that new and promising coins need is a GH/s pool full of miners with the attention span of a goldfish. There's Wafflepool and CleverMining etc for that. Heaven forbid that one might consider what the value of a coin might be 2-3 weeks or even 2-3 months down the road. But it does explain why coins like MINT (very similar profile to ECC oddly enough) were getting dumped with abandon at 3-4 Sat right before it took off into the 50+ Sat range.

Activity: 210
I'm sure that part of the reason is that right now the total pool speed is one guy on a single overclocked Block Erupter - ~400 Mh/s

Are you familiar with scrypt?

I don't mine Scrypt.  Regardless, it's still a low speed.
Jump to: