Author

Topic: [ANN][POOL] ipoMiner - Profitable multipool targeting new coins + merged mining! - page 124. (Read 366041 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I've been wanting a service like this for some time now.

Just to clarify, ipoMiner won't mine coins at launch?

Also, will you mine a new coin regardless of it being on an exchange?

Have you considered or would you consider implementing some kind of voting system in the future? (Where pool members can vote on which upcoming/new coin to mine)

Thanks!
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
I've just signed up and am looking forward to the ride !

You may want to edit the FAQ pages, they don't really describe your system.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
Mine the hottest new coins at ipoMiner.com
We're still working on adding profitability/exchange rates for coins, as these are newer exchanges. That should be working in the next few days -- sorry for the inconvenience! We'll also be working on adding information for each coin to help clarify what they are/where they're traded/etc.

Now that we've hit block 5000 on MuricaCoin and block rewards are reduced, we've switched off of it.
legendary
You're welcome Ioqua. We're working on ipoMiner full time, so we'll be as responsive as we possibly can be while still working to improve the site/etc.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
there is no exchange rate for those coins. there is no profitability for those card also. why not?
legendary
Thanks for the encouragement! We definitely will always take reasonable, calculated risks in pursuit of larger than average returns. I just wanted to reassure everyone that we aren't crazy and won't constantly be mining coins that don't return immediate profits.

Our primary focus is obviously profitability -- sometimes we target coins with potential bigger gains that may come a bit later, but we always strive to provide good daily returns as well. Note that we have our own hashrate on the pool too Smiley
Activity: 132
Merit: 100
Ipominer, Thanks for taking the time to be approachable for questions.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Right. Occasionally we speculatively take opportunities like this -- it won't be often, and it won't be for lengthy periods. We generally don't mine coins that aren't being traded anywhere, but the limited time 10x block rewards and low difficulty make it worthwhile in this case. The relatively small risk is that we could lose out on 2 hours of mining profits, but the potential payoff is at least 100x down the road.

We'll definitely be adding other algorithms in the future.

Please CONTINUE to take opportunities like this.  Jumping on (what seem to be worthwhile) coins early and making decisions like this are exactly why I'm on the pool.  I don't have time to keep up on new coins, changing rewards, etc.  Keep it up!
legendary
Right. Occasionally we speculatively take opportunities like this -- it won't be often, and it won't be for lengthy periods. We generally don't mine coins that aren't being traded anywhere, but the limited time 10x block rewards and low difficulty make it worthwhile in this case. The relatively small risk is that we could lose out on 2 hours of mining profits, but the potential payoff is at least 100x down the road.

We'll definitely be adding other algorithms in the future.
Activity: 132
As an good example of how much faster we can move on opportunities than typical pools, we just started mining MuricaCoin to grab the last of the 17760 reward blocks before it hits block 5000 and the rewards drop to 1776. We'll end up taking at least 50% of the last 200 blocks for a total of at least ~1,776,000 coins. After block 5000 it would take 1000 blocks to mine that much.

Yep noticed this, dosent look like any exchanges to chop this into but ill bank it for now. Limited opportunities like this I approve of. Another example would be BC which I'm now very happy to be sat on a chunk of.

How often are you considering adding new coins to the fold or literally just as and when an opportunity arises?

Also have you considered adding stratum for people looking to mine KECCAK/NFactor coins?
legendary
That's great PDcologne, we're looking forward to having you join us!
Activity: 154
9MH coming over to you after tomorrows Aussie Grand Prix....

Watch Hamilton win and send the miners over, i wish you luck, and look forward to the increased rewards...

i will admit it is a pain keep changing to different pools and living in the announcement thread looking at new coins...

legendary
As an good example of how much faster we can move on opportunities than typical pools, we just started mining MuricaCoin to grab the last of the 17760 reward blocks before it hits block 5000 and the rewards drop to 1776. We'll end up taking at least 50% of the last 200 blocks for a total of at least ~1,776,000 coins. After block 5000 it would take 1000 blocks to mine that much.
legendary
Thanks for your interest disjunct. Let me know if there's any questions I can answer for you to get you started mining with us soon.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
thanks...will be watching this
legendary
Thanks for the feedback. We had considered offering fully managed trading of mined coins, and may offer it in the future.

You're right that isn't really possible to make pool-wide direct comparisons between us and auto exchanging pools. I do mine with 7MH myself currently and am expanding to ~22MH next week, so I try to offer my own profit calculations whenever people ask.

The rest of our beta test group of miners can certainly attest that my returns are not unusual for people mining on our pool Smiley

We typically have a good group of experienced miners/traders on our IRC channel and have frequent discussion of "when to sell" -- feel free to join us there.. the more the merrier!
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
To respond to coin123123's question about us mining KarmaCoin:

The big thing to realize is that profitability fluctuates around price and difficulty. In the past 12 hours Karma has ranged in price from ~17-31 liteoshi (0.00000017-0.00000031 LTC). I just sold the Karma I mined last night at 18 liteoshis, for a btc/mh/day of 0.007983. As a comparison, clevermining has provided a 0.00649 btc/mh/day average over the last 17 hours. So in that time, our miners could have made a minimum of 23% higher profit than clevermining provided.. more if they sold at higher liteoshi prices of course.

i think you can't compare this pool to autoexchanges pools profits, because there is no autoexchange,

i understand the concept of research coins and markets, if you do this successfuly you deserve much more than few percent you charge, but for this to work you should say your miners when it is good time to sell because this is part of the research work.

otherwise this pools is like any other multipool where you mine different coins and sell them when you think price is good enough.
legendary
To respond to coin123123's question about us mining KarmaCoin:

The big thing to realize is that profitability fluctuates around price and difficulty. In the past 12 hours Karma has ranged in price from ~17-31 liteoshi (0.00000017-0.00000031 LTC). I just sold the Karma I mined last night at 18 liteoshis, for a btc/mh/day of 0.007983. As a comparison, clevermining has provided a 0.00649 btc/mh/day average over the last 17 hours. So in that time, our miners could have made a minimum of 23% higher profit than clevermining provided.. more if they sold at higher liteoshi prices of course.
legendary
Thanks for giving us a try Ioqua! If you have any issues please don't hesitate to post here or join our IRC channel on Freenode, ##ipominer.
Jump to: