Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][preICO] Dolphin BI: The first cryptoasset investment analysis marketplace - page 8. (Read 5233 times)

Activity: 62
Merit: 10
50% will be put into Escrow service and withdrawal will be allowed on successful accomplishment of roadmap milestones. As I understood from Whitepaper, there are 8 milestones. After the end of which milestone withdrawal from Escrowal account would be possible?

We will set amount for each milestone. It will be done by the main TGE (~ICO).

Could you please tell me what are Escrow and incubation services, that you are planning to develop in the future? And also what is KYC/AML service?

It's a far enough plans so there's not a lot of details.

An escrow service will allow to lock funds gathered by ICO and allow some Experts with a high reputation to make a consensus decision that a given milestone of the project has been reached and funds should be unlocked.

Incubation means that a project who is preparing for pre-ICO or ICO to receive from Experts with a high reputation a private esimation of project readiness and some suggetions.

Some countries in near future will definitely require to identify project founders and/or project backers. So we could also provide such services to our users.

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
50% will be put into Escrow service and withdrawal will be allowed on successful accomplishment of roadmap milestones. As I understood from Whitepaper, there are 8 milestones. After the end of which milestone withdrawal from Escrowal account would be possible?
One more question. Compensation for  prepaid, who pays in advance, gets bonuses. If we imagine that business model will go with "Standard scenario", from which fund you are going to compensate subscribers?

Prepaid bounus don't use a compenstaion fund which is zero in standard scenario. It works if prices for services changes:
- if price is go up then user will use prepaid services without additiona charge (=get bonus)
- e.g. if user has paid for three month and starting from the third month the price has gone down then we need to return some DOBI.
We will reserve some DOBI received in such way to be able to compensate possible price changes. But also the maybe need for some reserve fund for long prepaids. So thanks for a good question and we will thinks and make it clear new WP revision.
During the preliminary  TGE the  DBIP ( Dolphin  BI  Preliminary)  ERC20 token  will  be  generated. Where and how ERC20 token can be used?
Are there any projects which are similar to Dolphin BI so far? If yes, what is Dolphin's comparative advantage?
One more question. Compensation for  prepaid, who pays in advance, gets bonuses. If we imagine that business model will go with "Standard scenario", from which fund you are going to compensate subscribers?
OK, The subscriber will pay his fee and 80% goes to the authors and experts and 20% goes to the system. But will the user (simple subscriber) know exactly to whom his money got via using free widget? Maybe he wants to control the percentage of money going to experts or authors? Cause he may distrust widget fund in somewhat way.

In our smart-contract core there will be a voting system. Some number of users can set a question on voting and the community could change the rules of the system.

I didn't get a point from rewards system. I mean in case of experts ( as I understood, experts show their reports and that reports are estimated by subscribers and "automatically".) I didn't get, how reports could be estimated automatically?? Which methods are used?(may be the amount of words in report? Or what?)

We mean that reports of Experts will be estimated by Subscribers. But Experts could also supply a structured information in the same or in another widget: some characteristics estimation (e.g. how much an ICO will collect, how fast an ICO collect softcap etc) which can be estimated automatically by the system.

Activity: 56
I didn't get a point from rewards system. I mean in case of experts ( as I understood, experts show their reports and that reports are estimated by subscribers and "automatically".) I didn't get, how reports could be estimated automatically?? Which methods are used?(may be the amount of words in report? Or what?)

Thank you for pointing that out - we will clarify that point in a later revision of WP. Here it mostly means that the report will pass some basic checks - spam filters, copy-paste filters, etc.
To say the truth, it's a very interesting and ambitious project. It unites consumers and sellers in efficient way. But it's intersting for me personally, are there any limitations on or max level of price/fee which is set on widget by authors themselves? I mean that if the author sees his widget is becoming more and more popular, won't he establish too high price, so that the widget will be affordable only for small percentage of users? Does your company consider it's as aproblem?

We plan to initially set the cap at 80% (so it will be basically uncapped), but this is one of the platform's parameters that can be voted on by the community. So it can be collectively changed at a later time.

Even if there is no cap, though, a smart Author will not set their fee too high - the experts will get less tokens, so fewer of them will bother posting in the widget, which means the Subscribers will not buy it due to lack of content, which means Author does not earn anything.
As for the interactions inside the platform, will the Subscriber be able to somehow contact the Author in case he/she has any questions or suggestions about the widget?

Again, not by default, but it is possible: the Author can provide information about themselves, including contact data, and, considering the widgets basically can contain any HTML, it is possible to attach a feedback link.
To say the truth, it's a very interesting and ambitious project. It unites consumers and sellers in efficient way. But it's intersting for me personally, are there any limitations on or max level of price/fee which is set on widget by authors themselves? I mean that if the author sees his widget is becoming more and more popular, won't he establish too high price, so that the widget will be affordable only for small percentage of users? Does your company consider it's as aproblem?

Thanks for warm words!  Smiley

We think that it should be a fair marketplace: if there's a great widget then rivals are also here and can work hard to take their own piece. So competition should bring the best value/cost to the subscribers.

Activity: 12
As for the interactions inside the platform, will the Subscriber be able to somehow contact the Author in case he/she has any questions or suggestions about the widget?
So, you've described your costs in a table. Don't you think that there could arise additional spendings and how would they be covered with low initial investment prediction?

We are sure that planned product development fund is huge enough to cover all development costs until the platfrom starts earning money.
And yeah, our platfrom is more like a traditional business: we plan not only to create a product with crypto tokens but to earn this tokens by ourselfs to develop further the platfrom.
Activity: 9
What problems  have you already faced while preparing your project in terms of legalization of the project and the legalization of ICO?
First of all it was a SEC investigative report on the DAO.
Second was a decision of People’s Bank of China to ban ICOs.
Both causes us to rewrite the whitepaper so that our Token will be an utility token for 100% and rewrite token generation event terms.
What if volatility made connecting tokens with ETH become loss making? And if that way, may be there a possible ways to choose other one?

The presale tokens (DBIP) will be converted to DoBI at 1:1 rate before the main TGE. We recognise that if ETH price will rise, one can buy more DoBI per ETH during the main TGE (remember, that we price DoBI in USD and not in ETH), so the volatility risk may actually exist. We decided to split the volatility risk with our investors 50:50. If the ETH price rises, then we will cover 50% of early investor's loss from the founder reward fund. You can read more in Section 5 of our WP.

I mean, if using ETH as a currency/platform became ineffective, what could be substitute? ( taking into account that Waves remain the one which left)

It is a valid concern - it may become too costly to maintain the platform if the ETH price or gas price keeps going up. In a case where it becomes impossible for the platform to continue functioning, there may be some alternatives:
  • Running everything on our own brand new blockchain.
  • Switching to an alternative EVM-based smart-contract platform (e.g. Qtum, Rootstock).
  • Switching to Plasma (probably the ideal solution, but it is not implemented yet).
  • Switching to non-EVM-based smart-contract platform (e.g. EOS)

Of course, such measures are drastic and it only makes sense to resort to them if all possible cost optimization techniques are exhausted.
OK, The subscriber will pay his fee and 80% goes to the authors and experts and 20% goes to the system. But will the user (simple subscriber) know exactly to whom his money got via using free widget? Maybe he wants to control the percentage of money going to experts or authors? Cause he may distrust widget fund in somewhat way.

The author sets a static fee at widget creation (e.g. if they set a 20% fee, then experts get 100-20-20=60%). Now, calculating how much money each expert gets is a bit trickier, because the final distribution is resolved at the end of the month, but it can be approximated using the expert's historical (3 months average) rating, which is known at all times.
Pages:
Jump to: