Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][PRT] Particle | CPU/GPU, Fast, Easy Mine, * NO PREMINE * | Official Thread - page 45. (Read 354253 times)

legendary
Activity: 1520
Merit: 1205
I have written the preliminary section for Particle PRT.  I need help from the Particle community in order to complete the history section.  Several important historical points for PRT are needed. 

What is the main slogan for PRT?

Any donations to the project are highly welcome 1PzYUMhHJMzpLQ6prV3NGbLgxRgJz65Rkf

Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cryptocurrency-the-alt-ernative-beginners-reference-book-483187

Activity: 52
Merit: 0
Activity: 6
Automatic payment machine gun pool is very important, if we can automatically paid in accordance with a specific time, will retain a lot of people.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Landlord hard, good, support it
Activity: 45
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Pool                  Darkcoin
Algo                  x11
Workers             0
Valid Shares       0
Invalid Shares    163
Blocks               0
Hashrate           0.00KH
 Huh Huh
Anyone want to try mining X11 and let me know if it works?  It looks like somebody briefly connected but theres some invalid shares... do I need to adjust the difficulty for it?  Let me know...

PMed you moonmoon  Tongue
Activity: 168
Workers             0
Valid Shares       0
Invalid Shares    163
Blocks               0
 Huh Huh
Anyone want to try mining X11 and let me know if it works?  It looks like somebody briefly connected but theres some invalid shares... do I need to adjust the difficulty for it?  Let me know...
Activity: 46
HI moonmoon,X11 ble to connect, I don't know the reason why
Activity: 175
Workers             0
Valid Shares       0
Invalid Shares    163
Blocks               0
 Huh Huh
The mysterious
Have a wallet system perfect, value has been underestimated, I go to buy some
Activity: 303
Merit: 250
No one like you
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Activity: 506
Merit: 510
good times  good  news  good future
Activity: 1022
Merit: 368
I wanted to ask the community for feedback/input on some of our options.  Proof of Stake has been brought up a few times in the thread.  I've been watching Saturncoin closely as they are doing a migration to a Proof of Stake blockchain.  I am curious to see how it works out in the end with the exchanges etc.  But this is one option we can consider, to create a PoS version of Particle and do a coin swap in the way that they are doing it.  I have shied away from it because it seemed problematic, but if they are able to do it smoothly than maybe this is something we could consider?  What if we created it with a smaller money supply and did something essentially like a reverse stock split, and did the swap out at a 10:1 ratio or something similar?

Thoughts?

One of the things I really like about Particle is that it is a very fast currency, you can move PRT around with great speed which makes it convenient, so I want to do some testing/investigation with Proof of Stake to see if that speed can be maintained.

One of the challenges with the multipool is if people dump their payouts regularly, it somewhat defeats the purpose of the pool and the buy support.  So, I'd like to continue considering all of our other options to keep pushing PRT forward.  The development activity behind the scenes will continue obviously, but some of those developments take time to get to release.  In the meantime maybe there are some other things we can also do.

We are starting to pick up traction on Twitter and social media, so that is a great sign.  One step at a time....

I think if you picked up too much attention for the coin, a blockchain change won't do good. I think it will become too complicated for a lot of people and they will drop out. And you get a lot of unswapped coins (for all kinds of reasons) and people asking questions about that stack of coins.

You'll also risk swapping a perfectly working chain to one with issues.

If you still plan to go ahead with it, ADT did a blockchain swap, maybe you can ask the dev zackclark70 for information.
Activity: 46
HI MOONMOON ,This website   of the countdown http://ition.net/   ,I don't understand,Can you explain it to me?
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
You guys asked and moonmoon delivered:

Now it is time to mine on the Particle Multipool to help add buy support to PRT.

Scrypt
stratum+tcp://particle.shockpools.com:3334

SHA
stratum+tcp://particle.shockpools.com:3333

For all multiports, connect using your PRT address as your username. This is the address that payouts will be sent to, so make sure that it is correct!
thanks moonmoon...well done!
We have added an X11 port to the Particle multipool.  X11 is apparently a little different with difficulty settings, so please try it out and let me know if it needs to be adjusted.  It is on port 5555.

stratum+tcp://particle.shockpools.com:5555

Also all the payouts have been processed and gone out Cheesy

edit: The SHA payouts are still being processed now and should be out shortly.
Activity: 45
What you suggested could work. The thing with a lot of the popular PoS coins is that they combine a PoS approach with dedicated multipool support, therefore limiting the sources where coins can come from while increasing the buy pressure and thus raising the price.

There are two obstacles: 1) slow adoption and 2) efficiency/efficacy of pool.

1. Currently, with both the options of direct coin creation mining and multipool mining, the ability to influence the market is somewhat diluted. The dilemma is that if either were removed from the equation at this moment, it would stall or reverse the growth in awareness of the coin.

2. The only reason people have to stay with a pool long-term (which is in turn the only way to keep them from dumping their profits-- because they think the value will stay steady or rise) is the performance of the pool.  Blackcoin did as well as it did because of the competitive performance of their BC pool with other multipools that paid out in BTC.  Any multipool from here on out needs to stay competitive with LTC or whatever benchmark will be used to gauge profitability--especially now that more coins are enlisting multipool support, and the market is going to be that much harder to beat.

Now, these are clearly ideas for long and far down the road, and the dev has already done a lot, but who knows what the future has in store for PRT? I'm willing to wait and see. Cheesy
Activity: 57
Not the same purse, you can get a lot of attention
Activity: 506
Merit: 510
few information, steady price, not bad isn't it

Moonmoon, come here to talk sth to your fans and have a rest from endless coding  Wink
Heh, you have no idea :-)  Lately I have been working about 30 hours straight and then catching some sleep, and then 30 hours and then sleep... This IS my job now.
good job
have a good time
and make PRT a good future!
Pages:
Jump to: