Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][PYC] Paycoin - Going to be hard forked soon! - page 2. (Read 90803 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Josh Garza emailed me back and I am trying my best to discuss options.

Sadly, we lost the little leverage I thought we had.  

I received a letter from the US trademark office denying my protest for Garza's PayCoin trademark stating that "first use" or "prior art" does not apply to trademarks.

So it appears Garza was right when he said the trademark was gonna be his.  Well, he said it was already his.  lol

At any rate, I also spoke with an expert at the trademark office as well and she told me exactly the same thing.

Prior art applies ONLY to patents, NOT trademarks so we have no case as far as the trademark office system is concerned.

At this point we can only hope for some goodwill from Mr. Garza.

Don't dump your coins out of desperation - if I cannot work out a buyout deal then we will relaunch and I will put together a dev team to relaunch a better coin, with more features and less dilution so everyone should be able to come out ahead, holding a Better coins worth more than what they had prior to Garza launching XPY, with the exception of the coin name, of course, which did nothing for the coin until Garza took his public.

If we don't have a case then anything devs do on this coin to fight Garza could result in a lawsuit when Garxa actually gets the trademark.  I would rather solve this the easy way if possible.  

I hit Garza hard and fast initially, and frankly, I was an asshole cause I thought we had a clear cut case of prior art.  

If anyone wants to file another protest with the trademark office to verify that what I am saying is true then please feel free to do so - it only takes about 10 minutes and you'll get a denial letter in a week.

Mr garza is speaking to me so that's a good sign.  I am hopeful something will be worked out, at least help the PYC community with developing and relaunching a revised [and improved] PYC replacement.

Best regards...

Where is the dev for pyc paycoin? I didnt know that a person owned any of the crypto coins completely, so I don't know how one person can go and get a trademark for the name of a cryptocoin when they do not own it. even devs may be replaceable, and once they release the coin to the rest of the world, they don't really seem to own it anymore. I don't know if the guy can get a trademark for that. maybe if he was king or ruler or president, but not a common man owning the trademark to a currency name. (does anyone have the trademark to the word 'bitcoin' ? ). and if there was these kinds of issues right from the beginning bitcoin would have been doomed

By the way, has anyone thought about starting a new thread, and make it self-moderated, and don't allow any discussion of this copycat paycoin into the new thread(but maybe start a separate thread for that specific purpose, that way keeping the main thread clean). Also, the title of this thread is about a hard fork coming soon, not the best advertising for a coin, so why not start a new main thread and lock this one?
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001
i cant acces the site...?

Perhaps its because this coin was a SCAM from day #1?

Ive warned so many people here about this coin, yet no one seems to have taken heed, i hope not too many people have been burnt by it.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
i cant acces the site...?
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
minting is a great feature that comes from peercoin to paycoin. that should be kept in any fork.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001
Help this coin has dropped 40%.
Just as well i steered well clear from it!
Activity: 409
Merit: 252
In all fairness, the very respectable, Erik Voorhees, was also investigated by the SEC and settled for $50k.

He (Erik) didn't commit any crimes, he simply didn't file the right paperwork and pay the fees to the real scammers, the govt.  With cryptos it's all new territory so it's hard to say at this point if Garza just made a simple error like Voorhees or if he is indeed a scammer. 

I hope he's not a scammer simply cause it would be a massive scam which crypto simply has had too many of.
Activity: 689
Merit: 507

I received a letter from the US trademark office denying my protest for Garza's PayCoin trademark stating that "first use" or "prior art" does not apply to trademarks.

So it appears Garza was right when he said the trademark was gonna be his.  Well, he said it was already his.  lol

At any rate, I also spoke with an expert at the trademark office as well and she told me exactly the same thing.

Prior art applies ONLY to patents, NOT trademarks so we have no case as far as the trademark office system is concerned.

Don't dump your coins out of desperation - if I cannot work out a buyout deal then we will relaunch and I will put together a dev team to relaunch a better coin, with more features and less dilution so everyone should be able to come out ahead, holding a Better coins worth more than what they had prior to Garza launching XPY, with the exception of the coin name, of course, which did nothing for the coin until Garza took his public.

If we don't have a case then anything devs do on this coin to fight Garza could result in a lawsuit when Garxa actually gets the trademark.  I would rather solve this the easy way if possible. 

I hit Garza hard and fast initially, and frankly, I was an asshole cause I thought we had a clear cut case of prior art. 

If anyone wants to file another protest with the trademark office to verify that what I am saying is true then please feel free to do so - it only takes about 10 minutes and you'll get a denial letter in a week.

Mr garza is speaking to me so that's a good sign.  I am hopeful something will be worked out, at least help the PYC community with developing and relaunching a revised [and improved] PYC replacement.

Best regards...

I am very very thankful for your work and lead but I think you are missing the point for once : Garza could be technically right on one element, but the overall operation "seems" to be a scam : A SEC investigation is even underway : https://coinfire.cf/2015/01/19/sec-investigation-of-gaw-miners-underway/

This PYC community of integrity is the first victim of the Paycoin 2 copycat and dont' want to collude with them by any means.

Activity: 602
Merit: 250
Hello everyone,

last week we added Paycoin to our betting website Bitwin.co. We also registered a new domain for Paycoin. http://www.Paycoinbet.co

What is Paycoinbet.co?
It is a fair and transparent betting website. No account is needed. There is no bookmaker. User bet against each other on sports and other events. We will add a lot more bets tomorrow. Bet with Paycoin, Bitcoin, Blackcoin, Dogecoin, Litecoin, Megacoin, Syscoin, Reddcoin, Monacoin and Whitecoin.

**IMPORTANT:
DO NOT SEND ANY COINS FROM AN EXCHANGE OR WEB WALLET!!!!! Ony from your PC, MAC or Linux Wallet. The earnings or winnings from the bet will be sent to the "from" Address.**

Join us today. I hope you like it. Was a lot of work for me
http://www.Paycoinbet.co
Activity: 153
Merit: 100

Paycoin has been added to Comkort exchange!

Three markets are live PYC <-> BTC, LTC, DOGE.

Best buy prices:
0.00000798 BTC per 1 PYC - BTC market
0.00111137 LTC per 1 PYC - LTC market
15.8321098 DOGE per 1 PYC - DOGE market

Happy & Profitable Trading!

haveing trouble with withdrawals of paycoin from comkort exchange i did four withdrawals to zenportal about two hours ago and has not been seen on my portal site.Anyone else haveing trouble like this with paycoin there btc works fine

There are 2 paycoins. The one from Gaw is XPY, this one is PYC (the old, original paycoin). Even if they have the same name, they are 2 totally different coins and you can't transfer PYC to Zen's XPY wallet. Sorry man...

no problem thanks.But why do they still only let you withdraw 0.2 at a time they like their fee or what

Comkort always validate withdraw address. If wallet validate address, service will withdraw coins.
Activity: 196
so is this the paycoin that is with paybase or is that the gaw paycoin

The paycoin connected to paybase (GAW) is XPY. PYC is the original paycoin and has no connections to paybase or gaw.
Activity: 900
Merit: 503

Best buy prices:

haveing trouble with withdrawals of paycoin from comkort exchange i did four withdrawals to zenportal about two hours ago and has not been seen on my portal site.Anyone else haveing trouble like this with paycoin there btc works fine

There are 2 paycoins. The one from Gaw is XPY, this one is PYC (the old, original paycoin). Even if they have the same name, they are 2 totally different coins and you can't transfer PYC to Zen's XPY wallet. Sorry man...
[/quote

so is this the paycoin that is with paybase or is that the gaw paycoin

Best buy prices:

no problem thanks.But why do they still only let you withdraw 0.2 at a time they like their fee or what
Activity: 196

Best buy prices:

Best buy prices:

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net
xpy is a stakes coin, no?  (

The real PayCoin is a POW/POS.

A smart business man would have bought as many PYC as he could land then declared all XPY profits will be dividends to PYC.  

Then XPY is the stable 'nubit' and PYC the funding mechanism. 

Win Win.  No problems.  Funny thing is that it is easy to still do.

That's actually a smart idea.  I'll run it by Garza.

He's been really busy but right now a buyout is looking unlikely.  With Garza getting the PayCoin trademark our best option may be to rebrand and relaunch a better coin.

But I'll see what he says about his other option.
Activity: 153

Best buy prices:

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
xpy is a stakes coin, no?  (

The real PayCoin is a POW/POS.

A smart business man would have bought as many PYC as he could land then declared all XPY profits will be dividends to PYC.  

Then XPY is the stable 'nubit' and PYC the funding mechanism. 

Win Win.  No problems.  Funny thing is that it is easy to still do.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
#BITCOIN4LIFE

tl;dr

i think there's some confusion in the wording. prior art is indeed used for patents. For trademark applications, it asks for "first use" in the industry/related, etc. First use is different than prior art.
Garza and company lied about prior use in their TM application, and thus I believe may be grounds for disqualifying their TM application.
by the way, he keeps saying it's trademarked but it is not (they simply submitted an application)

/\fact of the matter Vlad reached a fair agreement with Josh and there is a NEW coin being developed via preserving the original PYC chain. ;-) ~thats aLL =*good times*
Activity: 569
Merit: 507

So it appears Garza was right when he said the trademark was gonna be his.  Well, he said it was already his.  lol

If we don't have a case then anything devs do on this coin to fight Garza could result in a lawsuit when Garxa actually gets the trademark.  I would rather solve this the easy way if possible. 

Mr garza is speaking to me so that's a good sign.  I am hopeful something will be worked out, at least help the PYC community with developing and relaunching a revised [and improved] PYC replacement.

Best regards...

i think there's some confusion in the wording. prior art is indeed used for patents. For trademark applications, it asks for "first use" in the industry/related, etc. First use is different than prior art.
Garza and company lied about prior use in their TM application, and thus I believe may be grounds for disqualifying their TM application.
by the way, he keeps saying it's trademarked but it is not (they simply submitted an application)
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
#BITCOIN4LIFE

So it appears Garza was right when he said the trademark was gonna be his.  Well, he said it was already his.  lol

If we don't have a case then anything devs do on this coin to fight Garza could result in a lawsuit when Garxa actually gets the trademark.  I would rather solve this the easy way if possible.  

Mr garza is speaking to me so that's a good sign.  I am hopeful something will be worked out, at least help the PYC community with developing and relaunching a revised [and improved] PYC replacement.

Best regards...

-^-tl;dr-^-

/\mostly correct glad you finally clarified the deal has been settled. :-) *good times ahead for XPY and PYC!!!!
Pages:
Jump to: