Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]RAPTURE /POW(Neo)/78% MASTERNODE REWARDS+CHARITYNODES/ our-rapture.com - page 12. (Read 36696 times)

Activity: 214
Merit: 100
He guys, at the crowdcoin forum i read this quote ? from GreenPanda,
_______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________
Let me first say that this is just my own opinion, not the one of others. I am not trying to spread fud, I am just one miner, do what you want with my message... but here is a copy/paste of a post that I made on the Sparks coin thread a few days ago... My suspicions are getting more serious since, those always anonymous developpers are getting more and more silent, and I feel it is important you research this:

Sparks, Rapture, Phobos, Cerberus, Crowdcoin, Race, Dinero, Infinex, Force, Stipend, Endorphin, VIVO, Innova, Cropcoin and the list goes on and on and on.... All the same exact pattern copied: Masternode/PoW hybrid, ''small'' premine, Masternode auctions through discords, Airdrops , Anonymous teams, same wallet code and bugs, Masternode gets most or half of the mining, only on stocksexchange (except 2 or 3 of thoses)... It wouldnt surprise me if it would be all coming from the same team/person or maybe a teacher somewhere giving his students a school project to each start a coin... Extremely suspicious, do your research and prove me wrong please!
_______________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________

I dont hope its tru, i just invest in some masternode of this list pffffff

so you start off with "suspicions" then he ends in "prove me wrong"...  lol

That said I really don't know how coins with so much going the masternodes will work in the long term.  Get the feeling only the ppl wanting to put a masternode online will be the only ones mining.  Once you get enough masternodes online and ppl see very little return, then no more mining and coin slowly fades away.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
He guys, at the crowdcoin forum i read this quote ? from GreenPanda,
_______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________
Let me first say that this is just my own opinion, not the one of others. I am not trying to spread fud, I am just one miner, do what you want with my message... but here is a copy/paste of a post that I made on the Sparks coin thread a few days ago... My suspicions are getting more serious since, those always anonymous developpers are getting more and more silent, and I feel it is important you research this:

Sparks, Rapture, Phobos, Cerberus, Crowdcoin, Race, Dinero, Infinex, Force, Stipend, Endorphin, VIVO, Innova, Cropcoin and the list goes on and on and on.... All the same exact pattern copied: Masternode/PoW hybrid, ''small'' premine, Masternode auctions through discords, Airdrops , Anonymous teams, same wallet code and bugs, Masternode gets most or half of the mining, only on stocksexchange (except 2 or 3 of thoses)... It wouldnt surprise me if it would be all coming from the same team/person or maybe a teacher somewhere giving his students a school project to each start a coin... Extremely suspicious, do your research and prove me wrong please!
_______________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________

I dont hope its tru, i just invest in some masternode of this list pffffff
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
Activity: 84

We've dropped RAP from the pool. Those miners that were getting paid in RAP will no longer. Please switch to some other currency to get paid in.

Very much appreciated, at this point the autoswap pool mechanics combined with the autoswitching hashing power have been a major challenge in recent weeks. We appreciate the support and wish the best to zpool!

But it seems that Zpool charges too high compared to other pools
Activity: 88
Merit: 2

We've dropped RAP from the pool. Those miners that were getting paid in RAP will no longer. Please switch to some other currency to get paid in.

Very much appreciated, at this point the autoswap pool mechanics combined with the autoswitching hashing power have been a major challenge in recent weeks. We appreciate the support and wish the best to zpool!
Activity: 9
Thank you zpool! We as a community appreciate your understanding!
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
Hi,

We've added RAP to the miners multipool: www.zpool.ca

neoscrypt pool:

http://www.zpool.ca/site/gomining?algo=neoscrypt

Blocks found by zpool:

http://www.zpool.ca/site/block?id=2976

Cheers!

what is ratpure RPC port?

is it 14776 or 14777 ?

Hey! Can you update your quote to remove the entire quoted ANN post.....these recent posts have some important information and visibility is lost when the ANN post is being quoted in the thread....please edit your message, thanks!

RPC port is 14776
Activity: 46
We wanted to follow up on some discussions about exchange trades that were being done at low prices, and the question as to why amounts were being sold so far below the lowest current ask offers.

We did some digging and found that one pool in particular, zpool.ca, is currently mining a significant amount of blocks and the rewards are being automatically sold at regular intervals on exchanges far below the lowest asking price.

We don't believe that there's any malicious or damaging intent by the pool, but rather, it's just the result of lazy automation and the fact that they exchange mined rewards for BTC as quickly as possible -  no is one looking at the spread, nor making informed decisions. It's not a natural buying/selling process, in fact it's basically a selling bot - and the problem is compounded by overall low volume.

We've requested that zpool remove us from their pool, but they may not choose to co-operate so we're looking at other options that would help mitigate or eliminate the effect they're having.

One potential solution we are considering, is selecting an established pool that does NOT do automatic payouts in BTC - and setting up a promotion to encourage users to switch away from "damaging" pools such as zpool, and join our selected pool. Right now bsod provides a significant amount of the hash power, so they would be the obvious choice.

A second option would be to setup our own official pool with 0% fees. We would handle the operations and expenses of this pool and it would be not-for-profit. If a fee were ever added, the full amount would be donated to charities.

We'd love to get community feedback on either of these approaches.
Miners simply want to get back their money as soon as possible, maybe pressure of electricity bills.
Activity: 17
what is ratpure RPC port?

is it 14776 or 14777 ?
Quickly arrived to a consensus on Discord that everyone wanted an official community pool with zero fees.

Made some good progress with setting it up today and it should be ready to start testing publicly. It has mined blocks, they've cleared, and payments went through so it's looking good so far.  For anyone that has miners and is willing to test, here's the link:

https://pool.our-rapture.com/ 
-o stratum+tcp://pool.our-rapture.com:4233 -a neoscrypt -u

Beyond this, looking more at the issue we're facing with zpool (and really any pool that operates in a similar fashion), we're looking for additional ways to mitigate the impact they're having. The problem is that they're both an auto-switching pool and an auto-selling pool.  They have an average of 2,000 miners and as soon as Rapture's mining difficulty drops to a certain level relative to other projects, a big amount of those miners automatically start mining Rapture and those rewards get automatically dumped on exchanges.  With our mining block rewards being 7 Rapture and having 2 minute blocks, this is giving them a significant amount that is being unloaded on exchanges and having this eroding effect. One of the more extreme, but probably also more effective, approaches would be to re-balance block rewards......lower the mining rewards and raise the masternode rewards. This might not outright eliminate it, but will absolutely reduce the impact it's having. This change would be a mandatory update, so we wanted to float this idea now to see what the feedback is. Feel free to drop into the Discord server to discuss! https://discord.gg/NMgQEn8

We wanted to follow up on some discussions about exchange trades that were being done at low prices, and the question as to why amounts were being sold so far below the lowest current ask offers.

We did some digging and found that one pool in particular, zpool.ca, is currently mining a significant amount of blocks and the rewards are being automatically sold at regular intervals on exchanges far below the lowest asking price.

We don't believe that there's any malicious or damaging intent by the pool, but rather, it's just the result of lazy automation and the fact that they exchange mined rewards for BTC as quickly as possible -  no is one looking at the spread, nor making informed decisions. It's not a natural buying/selling process, in fact it's basically a selling bot - and the problem is compounded by overall low volume.

We've requested that zpool remove us from their pool, but they may not choose to co-operate so we're looking at other options that would help mitigate or eliminate the effect they're having.

One potential solution we are considering, is selecting an established pool that does NOT do automatic payouts in BTC - and setting up a promotion to encourage users to switch away from "damaging" pools such as zpool, and join our selected pool. Right now bsod provides a significant amount of the hash power, so they would be the obvious choice.

A second option would be to setup our own official pool with 0% fees. We would handle the operations and expenses of this pool and it would be not-for-profit. If a fee were ever added, the full amount would be donated to charities.

We'd love to get community feedback on either of these approaches.
Activity: 12
RXpiACcrE8MXHtRNh5umcZwkAdSXdcLYu3   airdrop
Activity: 53
Activity: 17

I've few questions

1)
If I do not have a masternode, does that means i cannot solo mine? Solo mine means without pool, using my own daemon node?

2)
To start RAP pool, one must have a masternode?

3)
from where one can purchase RAP?

Hi! Masternodes aren't required for mining or running a pool. They're a node that is run 24 hours a day and provide additional functionality to the network. For solo mining, you would still want to setup a pool. p2pool works, but you would have to configure it to interface with the Rapture daemon and if you haven't done this before then it might be a bit too complex. It would be far more straightforward (and probably more effective if you're running a single miner rather than a farm) to jump onto an existing pool, check the ANN post for pool listings. We don't have a preferred pool, but if you're mining with a single gpu then look for a pool that already has some hashing power and has recently hashed blocks.

The best exchange option is CryptoBridge: https://wallet.crypto-bridge.org/market/BRIDGE.RAP_BRIDGE.BTC

southXchange is another option and they've been reliable. Not currently steering anyone towards stocks.exchange as they've had too many issues across the board.

Also, check some of the posts here by Becca/Rapture and the pages on our website. There are a few ongoing bounties and campaigns that are another good option for getting started with Rapture. Thanks!

Masternode 50% reward for owner, does the owner mine himself to get reward or it's paid when other users are connected to mine with this particular masternode or profit of rewads divided among all masternode owners and share of profit is given?
a good vps service to host mn

Vultr.com is pretty decent, their $2.50/month machines will work fine, and our guide uses Vultr as an example: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kz6OuR1ybR_ZpvKEvJQybUdn_jVZVfviks7h-77_1Gs
Activity: 70
a good vps service to host mn
Pages:
Jump to: