Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][RDD] Reddcoin The Social Currency [PoSV] Electrum Wallet 1.0.2 - page 9. (Read 688924 times)

Activity: 119
Merit: 10
Activity: 276
Merit: 250
It's really amazing how much more the staking profit the new wallet brings. But I don't understand the whole story. I mean yearly staking would be 5%, how can this new wallet stake better? Or are we gettinga higher percentage? Another question, do I have to stake 24/7 to gain the maximum profit? hoipefully someone can give me some info on these aspects? Thanks in advance.

The wallet is more balanced, but your coins will stake less as they age without being spent this is where the velocity comes in with the PoSV system. Every time your coins mint they will lose network weight which means they are less likely to reward you, so in the end it will balance out to roughly 5%.
Activity: 520
Merit: 500
Hi, does anyone know how a RDD withdrawel takes on cryptsy, atm? Waiting for 8 hours in the meanwhile.

Did you confirm your withdrawal in your email?

That's the biggest part that I sometimes forget about...can't send coins if you don't eat your meat, we, uh, I mean confirm the transaction.
Activity: 193
Merit: 100
Hi, does anyone know how a RDD withdrawel takes on cryptsy, atm? Waiting for 8 hours in the meanwhile.

Did you confirm your withdrawal in your email?
Activity: 392
I have withdrawal from Cryptsy in just 7 minutes its very easy and quick no problem try to contact with support what wrong with your withdrawal
Activity: 778
Merit: 1000
It's really amazing how much more the staking profit the new wallet brings. But I don't understand the whole story. I mean yearly staking would be 5%, how can this new wallet stake better? Or are we gettinga higher percentage? Another question, do I have to stake 24/7 to gain the maximum profit? hoipefully someone can give me some info on these aspects? Thanks in advance.

Should not take that long, RDD transfers should take way less then 10mins for 6 confirms.

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010
observing observing holding holding staking staking not a single RDD selling selling Cool

thank you above on the wallet ugrade to 1.4 doing it now....

done, compiled directly from git master, version iiiiiiis: v1.4.0.0-unk-beta  began staking again, will let you know if improvement I have been staking for a while now generating over 10K in RDD's that way

have a wonderful day and continue do what you do, it will pay off BIG time
Activity: 778
Activity: 168
WOW, just received biggest stake reward since upgrading to new wallet. 

3,969 Grin Grin Grin
This is something that concerns me greatly about Reddcoin. I also installed the social wallet and went through the same difficulties of trying to work out why it didn't "install" like a proper packaged application. I also wanted to copy the block chain files across so I didn't have to download the whole block chain again. In the Reddit forum announcing the social wallet, a comment was made on this subject "Oh just copy the blockchain across from the Qt wallet to the social wallet" with no detail on how that's actually done, whether it's a feature/function or whether you just copy a specific set of files manually.....I worked it out myself in the end but instructions like this that are devoid of specifics assume everyone is technical and has previous experience with wallets. Nothing is more off putting for a person that's come in fresh than the people promoting/supporting it unthinkingly supposing everyone already knows all this stuff. It just makes new people think it's a techo realm they can't possibly partake in.

If we want adoption outside of crypto fans and techos (which the whole tipping platform is obviously destined for) we must have better instructions for installing/upgrading wallets and helping people be sure they're not going to lose their coins.

All of your concerns have already been addressed and have either been implemented or are almost ready! (Note: All of these solutions are already present in BTC, Reddcoin is patching them in (in some cases even upgrading such as a staking enabled electrum wallet). To my knowledge very very few alt-coins have implemented these changes.

For the blockchain issue:  "Reddcoin Electrum server and client. Each client only needs to download 25M of data vs the current full blockchain at 660M. This is how we solve the blockchain size problem."

For the back-up / moving wallets issue : "All our official wallets, whether full or thin, will be deterministic. All private keys are generated deterministically from a long passphrase. This passphrase is all you need to remember and backup and with it you can fully recover your wallet and funds anytime anywhere. You will also be able to support multiple wallets on multiple platforms and devices and they will all be in sync. This is how we solve the portability problem."

For the Cold Storage issue : "All our official wallets, whether full or thin, will be hierarchical. They will allow users to generate public keys on demand while keeping private keys in cold storage. This is how we solve the cold storage problem."

Qt v1.3 vs Qt v1.4 staking!

This is just one users experience with staking but everyone should upgrade there wallets to the latest version!
Activity: 658
Right I need a little help. I have installed the social wallet. I have copied the old wallet.dat file over the top of the one in %appdata% How the hell do I now launch the wallet? there are no shortcuts created (windows 8.1) unlike the qt wallet. The only way I have found to launch the wallet is using the one in the zipped download.

I have also tried to install the electrum wallet incase. The instructions are very weak. It states just run the exe and you will be good to go. Again how do I launch the wallet. Again the only way is to run the exe in the downloaded zip. Again I have copied the wallet.dat and they do not show.

When I launch the wallet it still does not show any coins?

Edit..

I have managed to get this going. I had to copy across the blockchain and let it sync properly. My coins now show up in the new wallet. Defiantly needs an auto update tool for this. Or a step by step guide

This is something that concerns me greatly about Reddcoin. I also installed the social wallet and went through the same difficulties of trying to work out why it didn't "install" like a proper packaged application. I also wanted to copy the block chain files across so I didn't have to download the whole block chain again. In the Reddit forum announcing the social wallet, a comment was made on this subject "Oh just copy the blockchain across from the Qt wallet to the social wallet" with no detail on how that's actually done, whether it's a feature/function or whether you just copy a specific set of files manually.....I worked it out myself in the end but instructions like this that are devoid of specifics assume everyone is technical and has previous experience with wallets. Nothing is more off putting for a person that's come in fresh than the people promoting/supporting it unthinkingly supposing everyone already knows all this stuff. It just makes new people think it's a techo realm they can't possibly partake in.

If we want adoption outside of crypto fans and techos (which the whole tipping platform is obviously destined for) we must have better instructions for installing/upgrading wallets and helping people be sure they're not going to lose their coins.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Hello
My wallet 111 is not synchronized which nodes i need to add please?
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Right I need a little help. I have installed the social wallet. I have copied the old wallet.dat file over the top of the one in %appdata% How the hell do I now launch the wallet? there are no shortcuts created (windows 8.1) unlike the qt wallet. The only way I have found to launch the wallet is using the one in the zipped download.

I have also tried to install the electrum wallet incase. The instructions are very weak. It states just run the exe and you will be good to go. Again how do I launch the wallet. Again the only way is to run the exe in the downloaded zip. Again I have copied the wallet.dat and they do not show.

When I launch the wallet it still does not show any coins?

Edit..

I have managed to get this going. I had to copy across the blockchain and let it sync properly. My coins now show up in the new wallet. Defiantly needs an auto update tool for this. Or a step by step guide
Activity: 905
Merit: 1001
can you please add this link to your list of info sites
http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/coins/show/rdd
thank you very much
Activity: 658
[Wallet] Qt v1.4 + Electrum desktop v1.0.2 + 1Million RDD design contest

To get the latest information about Reddcoin, follow our blog:

https://www.reddcoin.com/blog

Reddcoin

Thanks for the info. I moved to Qt v1.4 yesterday and it seems to be working well. Just noticed it staking on 1 635 370 RDD (to generate interest of 2 872) so that's in keeping with this upgraded feature "Improved parameters for optimal staking (transaction sizes are automatically kept between 1.5m-2m RDD)".

Is it possible to subscribe to the blog? There's no field to add an email address. I know I can use an external page to monitor it but an easy subscription add would be good.
Activity: 159
[Wallet] Qt v1.4 + Electrum desktop v1.0.2 + 1Million RDD design contest

To get the latest information about Reddcoin, follow our blog:

https://www.reddcoin.com/blog

Reddcoin
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014
I had not tried out the staking yet, so tried it out yesterday and had a hit pretty quickly:

I put a million in it and will keep you posted what happens. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1582
Well hello there!
Just remember that the older your coins get the more likely they are to Mint because they gain network weight through age.
{
"enabled" : true,
"staking" : true,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 1007.87728913,
"search-interval" : 1,
"averageweight" : 425062,
"totalweight" : 2975436,
"netstakeweight" : 72146666586,
"expectedtime" : 1454845
}

Guess I'll start keeping track of my 'totalweight' and see if it increases as you mention.  Starting to wonder if maybe I'll set some sort of record Smiley
Activity: 276
Just remember that the older your coins get the more likely they are to Mint because they gain network weight through age.
Pages:
Jump to: