Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]REMCO : Worlds First Distributed Platform for Money Transfer - page 11. (Read 19210 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 11
I read somewhere that agents are used to transfer the money from one person to another person. My question is are this agent really necessary? Can't I just do the transfer through the remittance if I know how it is done?

i thought the agents are necessary for actually transferring the money they will serve as middlemen that makes it possible to do the transfer because the idea is to achieve the transfer with ease i guess

Yea and that's seemingly one of the interesting part of the brand and i must admit that such will help boost the value of the brand because this is something that users can easily relate to as oppose to when everything is done online and we all know that a lot of individuals are yet to understand what the blockchain industry is all about and what it entails
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
Our parent company has Money transmitter and mobile payment licenses and has processed billions in transactions with millions of
subscribers
What is the name of the parent company?

I keep seeing the 'parent company' being mentioned, I've struggled to find this information online. Has anyone successfully contacted the REMCO team and found out this information?

Here it is guys https://www.vtnglobal.com
They have got root in the USA and have financial partnership with quite an handful of financial institution out here plus they have some solid experience in money transfer across the web and on mobile

Awesome thank you mate for providing this information! Really helpful because I couldn't find this info on my own. Going to look into VTN and find out what I can about their company. They look like a serious company that has been operating for 7+ years with some big connections to payment companies such as Western Union.

Good find and it’s something you would think they would be more vocal about even on the announcement they should have that their a subsidiary of vtn or something to show the relationship to give even more credibility

That's why I was a little bit suspicious at first. They should use 'VTN Global' instead of 'parent company' on their website, whitepaper and communications. This looks more transparent.

Ya It is mentioned in the whitepaper; so Basically the US entity should own Remco Software Entity. The Nigerian Company is called VTNNetwork. those operate mobile payments as well and are authorized to do international payments.

How can we confirm if this VTNglobal is parents company? Can you guys share the link? Also anyone have experience with VTN global? I mean used their services?
Activity: 630
Merit: 10
Our parent company has Money transmitter and mobile payment licenses and has processed billions in transactions with millions of
subscribers

I keep seeing the 'parent company' being mentioned, I've struggled to find this information online. Has anyone successfully contacted the REMCO team and found out this information?

They have got root in the USA and have financial partnership with quite an handful of financial institution out here plus they have some solid experience in money transfer across the web and on mobile

Wow, So the project parent company is really something else. It's really great to know they are not some kinds of project that when you asked about their partnership they can't provide anything!
Activity: 238
subscribers

Awesome thank you mate for providing this information! Really helpful because I couldn't find this info on my own. Going to look into VTN and find out what I can about their company. They look like a serious company that has been operating for 7+ years with some big connections to payment companies such as Western Union.

Good find and it’s something you would think they would be more vocal about even on the announcement they should have that their a subsidiary of vtn or something to show the relationship to give even more credibility

That's why I was a little bit suspicious at first. They should use 'VTN Global' instead of 'parent company' on their website, whitepaper and communications. This looks more transparent.

Agree, that will make it more transparent and will give confidence to the investors. BTW, when is public sale starting? Their social media channels have huge followers, looks like their token sale will rock.
Activity: 546
Merit: 106
Bountyhive.io
Exactly don’t obfuscate just lay it out their for everyone to know and use it as a positive that they can look at and give assurance in th company based on the parent
Activity: 504
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
subscribers

Bountyhive.io

thanks for sharing this link. I have not read much information about the parent company so far. But this information coincides with those on the homepage. I'm really optimistic that this project will be big. You only have to look at the potential partners. And the already existing experience. I'm very satisfied:-)

Having that kind of partnerships lined up and a parent group is a huge point for their longterm stability for a project looking to go global like this they really need to have that kind of backing from partners not just money
Activity: 994
Merit: 140

thanks for sharing this link. I have not read much information about the parent company so far. But this information coincides with those on the homepage. I'm really optimistic that this project will be big. You only have to look at the potential partners. And the already existing experience. I'm very satisfied:-)
Bountyhive.io
subscribers

Activity: 728
DocTailor IEO on Zloadr
According to the bar plot shown in the ANN post, India is top in the list of remittances made. No doubt. It will also stay always in the top for next years also.

True, India uses remittance a whole lot. I also don't see anyone overtaking them and I think they will fully adopt the Remco solution as it will be easier for them.

Yeah right... Why India is a big market for Remco I know they use a lot of remittance service over there but I know they have already working products in Africa... They should build them up right from there before going into other economy

It all works together. They’ve established a good deal in Africa already. They got a project in Nigeria and some African countries as well.  Am interested in how much they’re going to be affected by CryptoCurrency adoption in those countries. This would go a long way in giving Africa a bit of what Blockchain offers. And it’s good they’re doing this with ‘money’.

I think the misconception here is "Africa may not be in full knowledge of cryptocurrencies or blockchain" buddy that's a total misconception, fact is Africa is very much aware however acceptability and adoption which is same in most countries developed and developing needs to be worked upon and taken into full consideration
Activity: 504
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
subscribers

Activity: 826
Merit: 102
I read somewhere that agents are used to transfer the money from one person to another person. My question is are this agent really necessary? Can't I just do the transfer through the remittance if I know how it is done?

i thought the agents are necessary for actually transferring the money they will serve as middlemen that makes it possible to do the transfer because the idea is to achieve the transfer with ease i guess

I don't think that there is a need of an agent. You can transfer the tokens online without an agent. I hope one of the team members can clarify the situation. Maybe an AMA is helpful and someone explain the function of the agents.

It’s the first time Blockchain is coming into the money transmitters market big time this time. I advice the team to do a AMA session. That would in some days time though. But I like the pace they are taking the project. I read through the thread and saw some reply from team members on the thread. Trying to explain in details what’s it’s all about. That team work and your investors/token holders are a part of that.
If there’s going to be an agent, then it should be made minimally, I won’t like to pay a higher transfer fee.
Activity: 364
Merit: 3
According to the bar plot shown in the ANN post, India is top in the list of remittances made. No doubt. It will also stay always in the top for next years also.

True, India uses remittance a whole lot. I also don't see anyone overtaking them and I think they will fully adopt the Remco solution as it will be easier for them.

Yeah right... Why India is a big market for Remco I know they use a lot of remittance service over there but I know they have already working products in Africa... They should build them up right from there before going into other economy

It all works together. They’ve established a good deal in Africa already. They got a project in Nigeria and some African countries as well.  Am interested in how much they’re going to be affected by CryptoCurrency adoption in those countries. This would go a long way in giving Africa a bit of what Blockchain offers. And it’s good they’re doing this with ‘money’.
Activity: 728
DocTailor IEO on Zloadr

Activity: 420

I don't think that there is a need of an agent. You can transfer the tokens online without an agent. I hope one of the team members can clarify the situation. Maybe an AMA is helpful and someone explain the function of the agents.
Merit: 0
subscribers

Thanks for sourcing this out man, they sure have the qualification, is USA their headquarter?

Remco team should schedule AMA sessions, many people have questions regarding parents company. I hope they come up with such session soon
There are also other options like live Q&A with the CEO, does REMCO has one already? if they don't they should try it out.

yeah, its usually called AMA (Ask Me Anything ) and i think it is really important but since they are just starting i will advise they add that to their planning as well as meetups
Remco should introduce the AMA session, it will create an efficient communication between the project team and the community.   
Activity: 574
when you are fed up transfer your crypto to me

Merit: 0
subscribers

questions like this are best answered in their telegram channel i would advise you head to their telegram channel with such question
I am also interested to see that the name of parent company. I never heard about it at anywhere or might be I missed this information.

Yeah,  Just saw some replies here about that parent company? I also didn't know that they have some informations about it? Or anyone have a link to this information?

So the way this is all structured is:
The mother company VTNGlobal registered in the US
VTNNetwork the sister company registered in Nigeria
Remco Software is an entity under VTNGlobal
I've wrote about them here: https://steemit.com/remittance/@ethninja/remco-the-crypto-money-order-with-a-plus

Yeah, nice information. Also you written nice article buddy,  I was not aware about this above things also. Hope so more articles will comes soon.
This is well written article, you shared lots of insights on remco and it has really broaden my scope. Thanks for sharing.   
Activity: 840
Merit: 17
PG-PAY Gold Backed Token
This service is unique. Must be the first Blockchain solution to money transmitters.
It’s surprisingly, no one has looked into this growing sphere, everyday people send money back home to care for parents and families. This is common with immigrants working or from home to students in Europe.
You’ll have to spend a higher when you send through many agents. They’ll all want a bit of the money.

You are right. I am also hearing for the first time. Really looking forward for MVP or demo to feel the reality of how the whole approach works. Do we have any MVP for testing?

I am sure once more people learn about REMCO there will be some copycat projects. So it's great that REMCO has the first mover advantage and hopefully can establish their business before other projects can really emerge.

Always first of its kind project gets more attention. I have never come across any remitance tokens till now. May be I missed it. Not sure. Any immediate competitors for Remco?
Activity: 686
Merit: 101
This service is unique. Must be the first Blockchain solution to money transmitters.
It’s surprisingly, no one has looked into this growing sphere, everyday people send money back home to care for parents and families. This is common with immigrants working or from home to students in Europe.
You’ll have to spend a higher when you send through many agents. They’ll all want a bit of the money.

You are right. I am also hearing for the first time. Really looking forward for MVP or demo to feel the reality of how the whole approach works. Do we have any MVP for testing?

I am sure once more people learn about REMCO there will be some copycat projects. So it's great that REMCO has the first mover advantage and hopefully can establish their business before other projects can really emerge.
Pages:
Jump to: