Author

Topic: [ANN][ROI] ROI Coin | CPU Only Solo Mining Hybrid | 15% POS | 593% Term Deposit - page 130. (Read 107962 times)

Activity: 250
Merit: 100
Crypto Developer
Try getting listed at bitscreener. They have some nice charts and tools.

thanks for the tip, looks interesting, we will reach out to them.
Activity: 322
Registered for Bounty Campaign too.
Activity: 770
Merit: 264
Hi,

in my opinion perhaps something is wrong with automatic difficulty for blockfinding.

We have a blocktime of 2 minutes. So round about 720 blocks must be found each day. Also term deposit belongs on finding +/- 720 blocks per day.

At the moment only >600 blocks are found last days. So all term deposits will run longer as expected:

Block 2930 10th Nov 2017 11:15:49
Block 3505 11th Nov 2017 11:06:35 -> 575
Block 4072 12th Nov 2017 11:09:49 -> 567

For me this is no problem. But when other people make term deposit for 12 month and then coins are blocked for 14-15 month they are confused perhaps.

Perhaps someone with technical background can check this.

Thanks a lot
Marv

The MIDAS algo is impacting the block timing. This is necessary for the security of the ROI blockchain. As network hashing reaches a point and stabilizes the timing will return to the target of 2 min. This isn't a permanent issue.

I take a look at the last week and the number of blocks found is still to low:

Block 4735 Mon, 13 Nov 2017 15:10:16
Block 8842 Mon, 20 Nov 2017 15:07:29

= 4107 Blocks / 7 = 586 blocks each day instead of 720 blocks estimated

Can someone explain me how MIDAS works and in which period of time the number of blocks found gets back "normal"?

Thanks a lot,
Marv

A short description of how MIDAS works:

MIDAS watches things like the network hashrate, what the block timing is suppose to be and what the block timing actually is running at. It then makes some calculations and adjusts the difficulty level which also impacts the block timing.

MIDAS is suppose to adjust the chain as it sees fit every 20 minutes. The way this plays out is if the hashrate climbs the difficulty will also climb and the block timing can slow down. As the hash rate levels off and stays leveled off the movement will head the other direction and start getting back to the 2 minutes that the block timing is specified at.

Why is this important? It helps protect the network from getting smashed suddenly with big hash and that big hash gobbling up a bunch of blocks.

As far as when it gets back to normal that really depends on the hashrate staying at a more constant rate if that makes sense.

OK, Thanks a lot for your explanation. Do you think we will reach 720 blocks/day one time or is this only theoretically? I think hashrate will always go up and down throughout the day.

Yes we can get to 720 per day if the hash levels off and stays level. I haven't seen that happen yet it is more likely to climb but it can't climb forever.
We did anticipate this and this is one reason we did set the interest higher. The higher % on staking and term deposit will help offset the blockchain running slower. It's not uncommon to see the chain moving at a 25% slower than 720 speed for hours at a time...
Activity: 154
Merit: 22
Hi,

in my opinion perhaps something is wrong with automatic difficulty for blockfinding.

We have a blocktime of 2 minutes. So round about 720 blocks must be found each day. Also term deposit belongs on finding +/- 720 blocks per day.

At the moment only >600 blocks are found last days. So all term deposits will run longer as expected:

For me this is no problem. But when other people make term deposit for 12 month and then coins are blocked for 14-15 month they are confused perhaps.

Thanks a lot
Marv

The MIDAS algo is impacting the block timing. This is necessary for the security of the ROI blockchain. As network hashing reaches a point and stabilizes the timing will return to the target of 2 min. This isn't a permanent issue.

Can someone explain me how MIDAS works and in which period of time the number of blocks found gets back "normal"?

Thanks a lot,
Marv

MIDAS watches things like the network hashrate, what the block timing is suppose to be and what the block timing actually is running at. It then makes some calculations and adjusts the difficulty level which also impacts the block timing.

MIDAS is suppose to adjust the chain as it sees fit every 20 minutes. The way this plays out is if the hashrate climbs the difficulty will also climb and the block timing can slow down. As the hash rate levels off and stays leveled off the movement will head the other direction and start getting back to the 2 minutes that the block timing is specified at.

Why is this important? It helps protect the network from getting smashed suddenly with big hash and that big hash gobbling up a bunch of blocks.

As far as when it gets back to normal that really depends on the hashrate staying at a more constant rate if that makes sense.

OK, Thanks a lot for your explanation. Do you think we will reach 720 blocks/day one time or is this only theoretically? I think hashrate will always go up and down throughout the day.
Activity: 434
Merit: 101
Hi,

Thanks a lot
Marv

Thanks a lot,
Marv

Hi,

Thanks a lot
Marv

Thanks a lot,
Marv
is it because the pool went offline that the miner payments go slower or has the difficulty been changed ?
Receiving 20 ROI every hour now with 800h/s which was every 15->45mins before it went offline.

Blocks take 360 confirmations, so there would be a break in payments about 12 hours after it went down and they should resume about 12 hours after the pool went back up.

The difficulty changes several times a day. So your payment also depends on the hashrate of the network. If hashrate of the network increases, the difficulty also increases and your payment decreases. But always with a delay of round about 12 hours because of the 360 block confirmations.
Activity: 126
is it because the pool went offline that the miner payments go slower or has the difficulty been changed ?
Receiving 20 ROI every hour now with 800h/s which was every 15->45mins before it went offline.

Blocks take 360 confirmations, so there would be a break in payments about 12 hours after it went down and they should resume about 12 hours after the pool went back up.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
Activity: 871
Merit: 505
Founder of Incakoin
Try getting listed at bitscreener. They have some nice charts and tools.
Activity: 250
Crypto Developer

coinmarketcap has a ridiculous entry level requirement of 10000$ daily volume for 5 days.
Any good less expensive alternatives ?
Activity: 160
Merit: 10
Hello World!
Activity: 40
Activity: 70
Merit: 11
Activity: 445
Merit: 251
Already 55 pages on this ANN and I just discovered it. I wish I had started mining earlier. Up until now I have been CPU mining Electroneum coin but now I will switch to ROI.
I will probably buy some coins at exchange now that they are cheap. And I will sign a Term Deposit for 6 months.
Is new fork already active?
"networkhashps" : 66532, seems most of the miners are moved to somewhere else but where?
RoiCoin website still have the old client.

No, the hashrate is so low because the mining pool is down.  Embarrassed
Activity: 375
Merit: 250
In lower section called "ROIcoin Term Deposits" you can see your deposit and all of the details about it

Can you explain how the interest rates are calulated. I tried to adjust Hodlcoin calculator but could not find simple modification to match wallet reported rates.

On the first page it's said that max interest is 426.38% but wallet gives 731% interest???

On 12 month term deposit total payout is about 633.92% interest. Keep in mind that is when you combine the term deposit and the standard POS together...

You may want to refer to: https://github.com/ROIcoin/ROIcoin/blob/master/src/primitives/transaction.cpp

Zoom down to lines 195-206:

for(int i=1;i        rateTable=rateTable[i-1]+(rateTable[i-1]>>18);
        bonusTable=bonusTable[i-1]+(bonusTable[i-1]>>16);
        str += strprintf("%d %x %x\n",i,rateTable, bonusTable);
    }

for(int i=0;i        str += strprintf("rate: %d %d %d\n",i,getRateForAmount(i,COIN*100),getBonusForAmount(i,COIN*100));
    }

return str;
}

If 'On Maturation' values varies this much how accurate the earned balance is?

It should be very accurate and is really only affected by variations in the standard 2 minute block timing.

Rates are increasing

20,56    - 122,83 -   497,40 % - deposit block 1904
22,72    - 142,62 -   527,88 % - deposit block 2284
20,19    - 130,59 -   546,69 % - deposit block 2517
1,00     -  8,32    -   732,35 % - deposit block 4837
19,10    - 158,97 -   732,50 % - deposit block 4838

Edit:
Estimated date is 15 months away

Rate is now over 1000 %.

1,00 - 11,05 - 1005 % - deposit block 8318

It is now at 1100%, I just made a term deposit just now. Hope the fork will retain all our existing interests  Tongue
Activity: 31
Is new fork already active?
"networkhashps" : 66532, seems most of the miners are moved to somewhere else but where?
RoiCoin website still have the old client.
Jump to: