Author

Topic: [ANN][ROI] ROI Coin | CPU Only Solo Mining Hybrid | 15% POS | 593% Term Deposit - page 132. (Read 107962 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
I sent some ROI Coins to term deposit. when it out of date, it will be paid back automatically or I have to do any thing else to withdraw it?
Yes. It will be paid back automatically
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
I sent some ROI Coins to term deposit. when it out of date, it will be paid back automatically or I have to do any thing else to withdraw it?
Activity: 196
Merit: 12
Not sure if anyone asked this but what happens once our term deposit matures?

Does it automatically return to your wallet or is it just unlocked in the deposit address? And we will need to move it or redeposit it?
Activity: 263
HODL! If it isn't a grudge...
RinceWind84 and others who are using the signature,

I would request you to head over to the bounty thread and register for the the campaign so that your payouts could be properly processed: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2424181.new#new
Yeah,about that.

I have read the terms and I have to admit that it is a bit much IMHO Smiley But if it is okay with you, I am leaving the signature on for now. You don't need to reward that Wink
Activity: 246
Merit: 100
RinceWind84 and others who are using the signature,

I would request you to head over to the bounty thread and register for the the campaign so that your payouts could be properly processed: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2424181.new#new
Activity: 10
its nice to see that there is so much support for this coin and all the work that people want to put in to it.

I want to make een ANN translation for the dutch version. What must I do for it? Make the translation and post it here or making a new topic with the translation?

Is this NH resistant..?

Been mining on the cluster pool for 18 hrs and found 4 blocks, I really like this coin and wallet.

I plan to hold coins and use the term deposit. Already locked some for 1 year and will lock others 11mths, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, ect so I have a monthly return.

Just noticed something... I set coins to 1 year and the estimated date shows well over a year, does the wallet go by days or block number when setting a time?
That is good to hear Smiley What hardware are you pointing at the cluster. And do you have an estimated hasrate?

I have two 7700k getting upto 117 hash/s per thread.

I want to connect one to the coinspool.cu.cc but nothing works.. can someone share their batch line for wolf or hodlminer..?

Code:
hodlminer -a hodl -o stratum+tcp://coinspool.cu.cc:3042 -u RJsFF8fgC7QVYvVSa93x8J2VhTtiS1mtwz -p x -q -D -P
pause

Of course replace address with your own Wink

And if you want to get a more exact average of your hashrate then you can make the following batch
Code:
hodlminer -q --benchmark
and let it run for maybe 5 minutes Smiley

EDIT: And if you get tired of the confusing output from the example by @TheRaster, you can leave out "-D -P" from the code
Thanks it was my fault, I had the wrong port... getting - 549.80 hash/s (yay!!!)
Good on you man!
Activity: 105
Is this NH resistant..?

Been mining on the cluster pool for 18 hrs and found 4 blocks, I really like this coin and wallet.

I plan to hold coins and use the term deposit. Already locked some for 1 year and will lock others 11mths, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, ect so I have a monthly return.

Just noticed something... I set coins to 1 year and the estimated date shows well over a year, does the wallet go by days or block number when setting a time?
That is good to hear Smiley What hardware are you pointing at the cluster. And do you have an estimated hasrate?

I want to connect one to the coinspool.cu.cc but nothing works.. can someone share their batch line for wolf or hodlminer..?

Thanks it was my fault, I had the wrong port... getting - 549.80 hash/s (yay!!!)

Code:
hodlminer -a hodl -o stratum+tcp://coinspool.cu.cc:3042 -u RJsFF8fgC7QVYvVSa93x8J2VhTtiS1mtwz -p x -q -D -P
pause

And if you want to get a more exact average of your hashrate then you can make the following batch
Code:
hodlminer -q --benchmark

EDIT: And if you get tired of the confusing output from the example by @TheRaster, you can leave out "-D -P" from the code
The bounty campaign is now live at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2424181.new#new

Please register if you're are participating or would like to participate in the campaign so that we can process your payouts properly. Also request you to encourage members to participate by posting your feedback on the thread and help in responding to queries.

P.S. I am just a volunteer, not part of the dev team but I believe in this coin and the community!
Is this NH resistant..?

Code:
pause

Code:
hodlminer -q --benchmark

Activity: 391
Merit: 14
Is this NH resistant..?

Code:
pause
Activity: 105
Is this NH resistant..?

Is this NH resistant..?

Activity: 126
What is the story with coinspool mining key? Do you have to use that instead of wallet address?
I used both, but every share submitted I get a "stratum requested restart". Can't see my address in the workers list. Pretty confusing.

Use your normal wallet address. The pool won't show your worker until you've submitted a few shares.
Activity: 196

I agree with you - I'm also not sold on the idea of cluster mining. It is more or less same as solo mining - the computer with the highest hashing power is more likely to win the block reward whereas pool divides it according to the shares submitted. If for some reason my miner stops mining while solo or in cluster, I'd lose whatever I've done so far and start from scratch which is not the case with the pool. I like the certainty vs the luck factor!

Having said that, the internal pool certainly has much better interface - can't wait for it to be running so that I can start mining there!

Me too. I haven't had any luck solo or cluster mining since the spike in network hash. The pool at least allows me to get something in return. But I too am waiting for the official pool. Hopefully the interface would be less confusing.
Activity: 616
What is the story with coinspool mining key? Do you have to use that instead of wallet address?
I used both, but every share submitted I get a "stratum requested restart". Can't see my address in the workers list. Pretty confusing.
How is the cluster mining going?

Can anyone provide their results.

Am still mining on the pool and not completely convinced to make the shift just yet.

Let us all know how it is panning out for you in terms of earnings  Smiley

Well there is your problem... Still connected to the pool helping the NH.

I am working on a pool with someone but it is proving to be a pain in the ass. We know we are close. The only problem we have is shares are to low. But we will get there.
I strongly considered whether I should even dignify this with an answer. But I believe that I cannot be the only ROI-supporter having second thoughts on the "cluster-mining"-thing. So for everyone's sake, late me try to clarify my doubts.

My own experience is that solo-mining through the wallet is very much up to luck. I have been lucky to have hit two blocks withing seven minutes, and I have tried going for 48 hours straight with no luck. So I have decided to point my miner, my one single CPU, at the pool. You know which one I am talking about. Yes you guessed it! The one that is being officially condoned by the dev's in the ANN.

So stating that MY problem is that I am helping Nicehash by doing so, is simply beyond my scope of comprehension.

I asked one very legitimate question: "What are people's experience's with the cluster?" And I think that is a very fair question to post.

When I read the off-thread description of the cluster, there are a couple of things that I can't seem to wrap my head around.

1. "If you was to only mine on the wallet alown because of all the hash on the pool its 100% luck if you find a block now. But mining the cluster makes brings solo mining back down to a easy level."

- Well that's a statement that needs to be justified by statistics or results. Otherwise it is but a statement.

2. "It also stops the pool rinsing the network of blocks and helps make a stronger network because blocks that are created solo are stronger than pool."

- You will simply have to explain that in a better way.
How is it that blocks created solo are stronger than blocks created on a pool?

On another note, I have a pretty high latency on the nodes. So I figured that joining the "cluster-pool" wouldn't improve my earnings. Whereas the big bag pool, doesn't seem to care  Wink

And my stats right now are 60-100 ROI/day on one i7-3730k

Lastly I would like to know. Are you a dev on this coin?

I agree with you - I'm also not sold on the idea of cluster mining. It is more or less same as solo mining - the computer with the highest hashing power is more likely to win the block reward whereas pool divides it according to the shares submitted. If for some reason my miner stops mining while solo or in cluster, I'd lose whatever I've done so far and start from scratch which is not the case with the pool. I like the certainty vs the luck factor!

Having said that, the internal pool certainly has much better interface - can't wait for it to be running so that I can start mining there!
Activity: 6

I am mining HUSH and with basic wallet setup I am getting ~20% loss of GPU hash rate.
Is it possible to start wallet with parameter like use only 50% of CPU? And not 100% as it is now.

Hi! You can use with wallet hodlminer and limit threads with -t parametr for cpu
Activity: 271
Merit: 101

Hi, I was trying to find on the OP, web site and in few BTC pages information about coin's max cap.
Since coin has high staking percentage does it has also some cap? Or it is infinitive?
I like idea that this coin is mineable only from wallet. But I would not call it solo, because you have pools and clusters.
Also like idea of long term deposit. Something new and fresh. Nice.
I am only concerned about about inflation factor.
Did I miss bounties and rewards?

Total coin supply is 1 billion for POW and that is set to run out over a 30 year time frame. The 1 billion supply does not include any of the standard POS or term deposits.

On your inflation question, I've seen other coins doing well and some with much higher interest that ROI coin. A couple of examples would be Women Coin at about 1000% and 808 coin at 17% every 8.08 days. In the early stages the idea of this big term deposit is to encourage users to lock the coin which provides numerous advantages and also to build the initial coin supply in the market and raise the total market cap $ amount.

Looking forward into the future the coin revolves around the community that supports it. Because of that it is always possible that at a future date the community may form a general consensus that the POS and/or the term deposit rates need to be reduced. If and when the community decides something like that the coin will then implement the will of its supporters.

A comprehensive bounty program is in the works so stay tuned!

Thank you for the reply.
Inflation can be an issue, but as long as you have more people who are willing to buy the coin inflation is not an issue. Smiley
Just work on bounties and good marketing and coin can be successful.

One thing that was concerning me about solo mining this coin though, is that my gpu mining was experiencing some issues while having the cpu solo mining mode activated, anyone else experiencing this too?

I have noticed this but it only seems to affect certain algos. I dropped roughly 60% in GPU hashrate for a cryptonote coin but there wasn't any appreciable drop when I switched to another coin. So I guess you'll need to trial and error.

I am mining HUSH and with basic wallet setup I am getting ~20% loss of GPU hash rate.
Is it possible to start wallet with parameter like use only 50% of CPU? And not 100% as it is now.
Activity: 770
Merit: 264
Oh a ASIC/GPU resistant coin, this seems interesting.
Is there a total coin supply of this coin and does a mineable linux wallet exits ?

Total supply is 1 billion. This is hard coded in the wallet but bear in mind that additional coins will be added from POS and term deposits.

Yes you can grab the Linux code at Github: https://github.com/ROIcoin/ROIcoin

Hi, I was trying to find on the OP, web site and in few BTC pages information about coin's max cap.
Since coin has high staking percentage does it has also some cap? Or it is infinitive?
I like idea that this coin is mineable only from wallet. But I would not call it solo, because you have pools and clusters.
Also like idea of long term deposit. Something new and fresh. Nice.
I am only concerned about about inflation factor.
Did I miss bounties and rewards?

Total coin supply is 1 billion for POW and that is set to run out over a 30 year time frame. The 1 billion supply does not include any of the standard POS or term deposits.

On your inflation question, I've seen other coins doing well and some with much higher interest that ROI coin. A couple of examples would be Women Coin at about 1000% and 808 coin at 17% every 8.08 days. In the early stages the idea of this big term deposit is to encourage users to lock the coin which provides numerous advantages and also to build the initial coin supply in the market and raise the total market cap $ amount.

Looking forward into the future the coin revolves around the community that supports it. Because of that it is always possible that at a future date the community may form a general consensus that the POS and/or the term deposit rates need to be reduced. If and when the community decides something like that the coin will then implement the will of its supporters.

A comprehensive bounty program is in the works so stay tuned!
Jump to: