Author

Topic: [ANN][ROI] ROI Coin | CPU Only Solo Mining Hybrid | 15% POS | 593% Term Deposit - page 161. (Read 107962 times)

Activity: 488
Merit: 322
does Nicehash mine from a certain IP address? could this be banned if so?
Activity: 246
Merit: 100
I also don't know about the technical details for nicehash or something similar. But at the moment the user has 200KH so if there would be a 2KH max he would need 100 accounts. Perhaps it would be possible to block something like nicehash completly. For me the best thing of this coin (and before hodlcoin RIP) is that "normal users" can mine with their pcs and can get some coins and so it is very decentral mining. No mining farms, etc. But users with 200KH hashrate destroy this advantage of the coin because "normal users" lose interest.

Julia

Absolutely agree with that sentiment. I started mining because of the community and because of the possibility of my minion cpu being able to mine a few coins. If that doesn't exist anymore, then it is as good or bad as BTC in terms of mining. We should definitely look at some ways of restricting this kind of behavior.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
The pool is back up now with over 220 kH/s - not sure if poor guys with 200 - 300 H/s will get anything!

DisasterFaster/ Plainkoin - is there a way to validate if all this power is coming from legit sources? Also do we want to restrict using mining services like NiceHash or others to make the coin accessible to the laymen and keep it decentralized?

Updated the ANN and removed the Pool is Offline disclaimer.

I reckon banning  Shocked NiceHash is a non-starter...

Almost 95% of it is coming from just 1 worker:

Address                                                   Shares   Invalid shares   Efficiency   Hashrate   Balance   Daily income (expected)
RVJBC9KRWZfv7USXrJdwQF5z7EHGwJr363   124638   497                   99.6%   207.73 KH   0 ROI   43705.054 ROI

This was sometimes also a problem on holdcoin. So It would be very nice for the community if such activity can be blocked for roicoin. It is not funny for the "normal" miners. From my point of view all hashrates over 2KH can be blocked (if possible) because they don't come from normal standalone pc/hardware.

Julia

Interesting thought but the question begs as to how to prevent the proverbial work around?  So now instead of a user using 1 nicehash account with 20K hash they just create 10 different login accounts with 2k hash each? You see where I'm going with this....

Plus can that account for hashing power of pools? My understanding is that all the power from a pool goes to the mining as one miner and not divided by each address - correct me if I'm wrong.

If it is a NiceHasher, it is possible to blacklist 20K hashers from the pool?  I am not familiar with NiceHash, so if there is also a 15K, 10K?  Yes they could come back in at say 2K hash with 10 accounts (for example), but at least that would put them more on a level playing field, versus a hoover vac in the room.  Just curious...

I also don't know about the technical details for nicehash or something similar. But at the moment the user has 200KH so if there would be a 2KH max he would need 100 accounts. Perhaps it would be possible to block something like nicehash completly. For me the best thing of this coin (and before hodlcoin RIP) is that "normal users" can mine with their pcs and can get some coins and so it is very decentral mining. No mining farms, etc. But users with 200KH hashrate destroy this advantage of the coin because "normal users" lose interest.

Julia
Activity: 5
yeah pre mine is too high
most it of needs to be given away in airdrops
to stand any chance of getting anywhere
IMHO most of premine coins should be locked and plan of premine use with dates of releasmet should be given.

Yes, in fact a large portion of the coins have been locked, and once matured, will likely be locked again. To address your concern as well as someone else's question about why there were multiple addresses with values of 1 million each.  That I believe was 4 or 5 wallets, with the balances locked up, just using a new receiving address on each locked deposit for auditing purposes in the future.

While we have the backing of our investor, he too is in no rush to get his money back out.  The community and letting it grow organically, including the coin base on the exchanges will be coming from miners and other means of faucets, etc, to grow the coin base.  Once there is market equilibrium and miners balances are climbing, the investor will be paid back by slowly bleeding the coins into the exchanges.  He too wants a healthy and long lasting coin.  We were very fortunate to find a backer, that was not in a rush like your typical VC types for a payday.

To "state" a release date would be premature at this time.  We want to see a strong market place with good coin value and large trading volume by investors.  Why?  Scarcity drives demand and demand drives price.  This is also why there is no halving on mining rewards for the life of the coin.  We want you to make money on this coin, as well as miners who come aboard 5-10 years down the road.  If you can make $120 a day off one block, at $1 a coin, we want that for you.

I don't know if you would call it a slush fund, eventually but slowly, it has to be paid back to the investor by term depositing to earn it back.  In the meantime, at the discretion of the dev team (meaning we don't have to ask permission from the investor), premine is also being used to pay bounties for services (listed a few pages back) by interested parties.  As also mentioned in previous posts, plans are in the works for faucets and other legitimate ways to get more coins out into circulation.

Regarding bounties already paid out...  DisasterFaster does post them on payout.  But your suggestion is a good one.  Maintaining a list of pay outs and future faucets, etc...  I will bring this up to the web dev and the rest of the team...  Maybe an audit page of sorts?
Plainkoin thanks for comprehensive  explanation.
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
The pool is back up now with over 220 kH/s - not sure if poor guys with 200 - 300 H/s will get anything!

DisasterFaster/ Plainkoin - is there a way to validate if all this power is coming from legit sources? Also do we want to restrict using mining services like NiceHash or others to make the coin accessible to the laymen and keep it decentralized?

Address                                                   Shares   Invalid shares   Efficiency   Hashrate   Balance   Daily income (expected)
RVJBC9KRWZfv7USXrJdwQF5z7EHGwJr363   124638   497                   99.6%   207.73 KH   0 ROI   43705.054 ROI

This was sometimes also a problem on holdcoin. So It would be very nice for the community if such activity can be blocked for roicoin. It is not funny for the "normal" miners. From my point of view all hashrates over 2KH can be blocked (if possible) because they don't come from normal standalone pc/hardware.

Julia

Interesting thought but the question begs as to how to prevent the proverbial work around?  So now instead of a user using 1 nicehash account with 20K hash they just create 10 different login accounts with 2k hash each? You see where I'm going with this....

Plus can that account for hashing power of pools? My understanding is that all the power from a pool goes to the mining as one miner and not divided by each address - correct me if I'm wrong.

If it is a NiceHasher, it is possible to blacklist 20K hashers from the pool?  I am not familiar with NiceHash, so if there is also a 15K, 10K?  Yes they could come back in at say 2K hash with 10 accounts (for example), but at least that would put them more on a level playing field, versus a hoover vac in the room.  Just curious...
Activity: 332
Merit: 108
Is there any mining tutorial for ubuntu to mine with vps? pool.

Julia

Activity: 770
Merit: 264

Julia

What are these 35 million and 5 million adresses?
http://45.76.246.101:3001/richlist

Has someone bought over 100 kH/s hashing power from NiceHash at the beginning and mined like a mad man?

It doesn't look very distributed. My hashing power is ~300 H/s. Pool reported that this would be equivalent of ~500 coins per day. It would take almost 200 years to mine 35 million HuhHuh

If the algorithm had been changed you wouldn't have been able to buy Hodlcoin hashing power from NiceHash.

Hello HodlOrava,

The premine of 6% occurred between blocks 100 and 201 at about 5000H/s.  Please keep in mind.  This is only 6% of the calculated POW coin supply.  The POS and Term Deposit will expand so that coin base by more than a factor of 4.  If nothing else happened, but everyone mined every block, then term deposited those 1 billion coins.  On maturation, there would be 4 billion coins.  That premine would then be 1.5% of the coin supply.  In reality it will be less, as over time, people mine, stake, buy, term deposit, etc, to organically grow the coin base at an exponential rate due to the very nature of how the coin is structured.

The premine will never ever be dumped.  Most of it is locked up and will be locked up again...  Until how ever many years down the road, the coinbase on the exchanges has grown such, that some of the premine can be bled out, to start paying off the investor.

A premine is unavoidable, it eventually pays the investor back, who pays for getting the coins on the exchanges, marketing and may other things.  It allows for us to do things like pay bounties for services that we just don't have time to get to, but need.  It also allows us to pool for faucets and other types of ways to get more coins into circulation - i.e. get more coins into the hands of the community.

There is also the dev team, with countless hours working, testing, proofing, midnight conf calls, re-working and testing again...  Out of pocket for VPS nodes, web hosting, domain name, web site development (and still growing).  Buying up computers to get an initial net hash rate up to prevent a 51% attack on day one...

For the last 6 months, if I was not at work, I was working on code. If I got 4 hours sleep a night, that was good.  On weekends 20 hour days and 3 pots of coffee was the norm.  What was really annoying is just when you thought your goals were done for the day, and you are dreaming about code and watching it compile in your sleep...  You wake up after only an hour, to start working again for another 8 hours or more.

So eventually, the devs too will earn for what they worked for.  But, it will not be at the expense of the coin, the community or the markets.  There will never be a dump.  But eventually, we too, would like to earn from our labor.

I hope I can get this across, that our intentions are genuine for the life of the coin.  As any developer will tell you, supporting a coin is a full time job.  Even now, laying together plans for the next gen ROI wallet to begin work in a month or so.  I do plan on quitting my day job in a year or two, to work on this full time, depends on what the coin and the markets are doing.  Even then, it will be a slow bleed off, to get a weekly paycheck.  There really is nothing I can say.  Other than, stick around and observe how everything plays out over the next 30 years.  Should be a wild and profitable ride for the miners, investors, and anyone who has a stake in the outcome of this coin.

Or, if you would like, I believe CryptoNote has a fancy little calculator which will make you a coin.
Activity: 525
Merit: 531
Pool is working again, dos went away. I fixed some things in daemon, hopefully it will be stable.

Elbandi
Activity: 4

Julia
Activity: 210
Бeй xaчeй! Maйнинг тoлькo для кaмнeй!

Regarding bounties already paid out...  DisasterFaster does post them on payout.  But your suggestion is a good one.  Maintaining a list of pay outs and future faucets, etc...  I will bring this up to the web dev and the rest of the team...  Maybe an audit page of sorts?

Already working on that. I'm putting together a spreadsheet to track expenditures whether BTC or ROI disbursements and whether dev expense, marketing expense, bounty etc.

Once that's compiled and current I am going to add a section to the ANN and website About page that will be called "Transparency." The transparency section will be kept updated and will give you a way to track and or have a glimpse at where the BTC & ROI went.

There's nothing to hide here and the community is more than welcome to be aware of all the details.
yeah pre mine is too high
most it of needs to be given away in airdrops
to stand any chance of getting anywhere
IMHO most of premine coins should be locked and plan of premine use with dates of releasmet should be given.

Yes, in fact a large portion of the coins have been locked, and once matured, will likely be locked again. To address your concern as well as someone else's question about why there were multiple addresses with values of 1 million each.  That I believe was 4 or 5 wallets, with the balances locked up, just using a new receiving address on each locked deposit for auditing purposes in the future.

While we have the backing of our investor, he too is in no rush to get his money back out.  The community and letting it grow organically, including the coin base on the exchanges will be coming from miners and other means of faucets, etc, to grow the coin base.  Once there is market equilibrium and miners balances are climbing, the investor will be paid back by slowly bleeding the coins into the exchanges.  He too wants a healthy and long lasting coin.  We were very fortunate to find a backer, that was not in a rush like your typical VC types for a payday.

To "state" a release date would be premature at this time.  We want to see a strong market place with good coin value and large trading volume by investors.  Why?  Scarcity drives demand and demand drives price.  This is also why there is no halving on mining rewards for the life of the coin.  We want you to make money on this coin, as well as miners who come aboard 5-10 years down the road.  If you can make $120 a day off one block, at $1 a coin, we want that for you.

I don't know if you would call it a slush fund, eventually but slowly, it has to be paid back to the investor by term depositing to earn it back.  In the meantime, at the discretion of the dev team (meaning we don't have to ask permission from the investor), premine is also being used to pay bounties for services (listed a few pages back) by interested parties.  As also mentioned in previous posts, plans are in the works for faucets and other legitimate ways to get more coins out into circulation.

Activity: 532
Merit: 102
i can*t mine to the pool today

yesterday it was working fine:
hodlminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://coinspool.cu.cc:7802 -u RSfJ6bx6ckQ9kYNnXNxzB78ijCf4e1wSad -p x
and
hodlminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://coinspool.cu.cc:3042 -u RSfJ6bx6ckQ9kYNnXNxzB78ijCf4e1wSad -p x

[2017-11-08 20:14:02] Starting Stratum on stratum+tcp://coinspool.cu.cc:3042
[2017-11-08 20:14:02] 8 miner threads started, using 'hodl' algorithm.
[2017-11-08 20:14:02] Binding thread 2 to cpu 2
[2017-11-08 20:14:02] Binding thread 5 to cpu 5
[2017-11-08 20:14:02] Binding thread 7 to cpu 7
[2017-11-08 20:14:02] Binding thread 6 to cpu 6
[2017-11-08 20:14:02] Binding thread 4 to cpu 4
[2017-11-08 20:14:02] Binding thread 1 to cpu 1
[2017-11-08 20:14:02] Binding thread 3 to cpu 3
[2017-11-08 20:14:02] Binding thread 0 to cpu 0
[2017-11-08 20:14:23] Stratum connection failed: Failed to connect to coinspool.cu.cc port 3042: Timed out
[2017-11-08 20:14:23] ...retry after 30 seconds
Activity: 120
What are these 35 million and 5 million adresses?
http://45.76.246.101:3001/richlist

Has someone bought over 100 kH/s hashing power from NiceHash at the beginning and mined like a mad man?

It doesn't look very distributed. My hashing power is ~300 H/s. Pool reported that this would be equivalent of ~500 coins per day. It would take almost 200 years to mine 35 million HuhHuh

If the algorithm had been changed you wouldn't have been able to buy Hodlcoin hashing power from NiceHash.
What are your plans, upcoming update  Huh Future plans will include additional exchange platforms: coinexchange or yobit and cryptopia exchange

Hello Jerry (love that name, was my Grandfathers).

I can not speak to exchanges.  DisasterFaster is handling that aspect, working with the exchanges, requirements, submissions and fees...  It's a lot work.  If you read back a few pages, the last update included a listing of exchanges he is currently engaged with.  He will definitely be back, updating the community with each new communication and confirmation.

If you are asking about the technology behind ROIcoin.  Our goal is to keep non-emergency updates to releases every 3-6 months.  These will usually also include security enhancements that do not affect the blockchain.  Please keep in mind, 3 to 6 months is a blink for a 30 year mining period.  And the coin will continue on long after with POS and term deposits.

ROIcoin is built on Bitcore 13 (and yes a cousin of Hodl).  The next gen wallet goals include updating the chassis with Bitcore 15, to include many new blockchain features that will be a standard on future coins. I also want to look into optimizing the internal miner...  Which we are already sketching out some ideas on how to proceed as well as include controls for the flags within the interface.  The HOdl pattern search algo has proven itself across many coins to be resistant to GPUs, unless that changes, there will always be a little fur in the code.  MIDAS has a solid reputation and performs wonderfully...  However, if we can smooth it a tad, to get the blockchain to flow a little more clock like, while maintaining its security, that is something I would also like to attend to.

As the community continues to grow and technology changes, we want to hear suggestions for how the coin should evolve. What would make it more user friendly?  Moving the coin to the next level from just a mined and market asset to a usable token with purchase power for goods and services.  A small hint of this is occurring on the home site, as we are working on web based applications/portals for the buying and selling of goods on the site, using ROIcoin.  There are many aspects of this with DisasterFaster is better qualified to address, if needed.  These and other features will require the development and testing of new code to make the desired features work both in the coin and on web based platforms.

At this time, we want to minimize forking the coin with unimportant changes.  The primary focus has been to build a solid coin from the start, build out the infrastructure, marketing, and so on...  Once we have stabilized the net hash and all other systems are stable with a growing and engaged community here and building value on the exchanges and achieving a stable price.  We can then turn our attention back to coin and developing the new tech, which will take ROIcoin to the next level.

Probably more than you wanted to hear.  Wink
Jump to: