Author

Topic: [ANN][ROI] ROI Coin | CPU Only Solo Mining Hybrid | 15% POS | 593% Term Deposit - page 162. (Read 107962 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
yeah pre mine is too high
most it of needs to be given away in airdrops
to stand any chance of getting anywhere

A 6% premine isn't really that high. There are devolpment, listing and marketing costs (including airdrops) that need to be paid.

I agree that 6% premine is not that much but currently that 6% is actually 99%
IMHO most of premine coins should be locked and plan of premine use with dates of releasmet should be given.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100

A 6% premine isn't really that high. There are devolpment, listing and marketing costs (including airdrops) that need to be paid.
I believe it too, the pool may be offline for miners, but I'm receiving every coin I mined previously.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think this pool is any kind of scam. I suspect it's just a case of the pool being overwheled by the sudden influx of traffic and that the pool operator will have that sorted out soon enough.

As for payments, I don't know but again it's obviously a problem and not a scam because some people have received payments, while others (including myself) have not.
Activity: 185
It seems that 6% premine of total coin suply makes it 99% of current coin suply!?!
Activity: 434
What are your plans, upcoming update  Huh Future plans will include additional exchange platforms: coinexchange or yobit and cryptopia exchange
Activity: 336
Merit: 101
Activity: 266
“A fool and his money are soon parted”
Pool is down! He steal our coins! No payment, no stats, no workers!
Another scam and dead coin!!!

Hello,

.......I believe the pool operator to be an honorable person and he has done a great service by starting one of the first pools for ROI. .......

I believe it too, the pool may be offline for miners, but I'm receiving every coin I mined previously.
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
{
"blocks" : 1920,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 0.00154126,
"errors" : "WARNING: check your network connection, 71 blocks received in the last 4 hours (120 expected)",
"genproclimit" : -1,
"networkhashps" : 70843,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false,
"chain" : "main",
"generate" : false,
"hashespersec" : 590
}

why would it show this?

Hello andronikos,

This will happen from time to time as MIDAS adjusts to abrupt changes in the net hash rates.  Once the network stabilizes, it will slowly come back into alignment.

For example, the MIDAS adjustment has actually been holding the block chain back as hashrate was continuing to grow so fast the last few days.  At last check, it is behind by about 100 blocks for a 24 hour period.  This is a protection mechanism, which prevents whales from coming in, scooping 2 weeks of coins in a day, then leaving the coin high and dry with no transactions for weeks.

I highly suspect with the dramatic fall off in hash from the pool, the difficulty adjustments as the net averages our and blocks will start flowing closer to its 2 minute time.  However, when the pool comes back up, there will be a similar behavior of pulling the reigns in by upping the difficultly.  So why you ask, just because a pool hashrate dropped off?  The difficulty adjustment, prevents another type of attack.  That is, whales that will come in and swing the difficulty.  i.e. hit when low, then leave once high again.

As the network continues to grow, we fully expect to see these fluctuations.  The day will come with the overall net hash rate evens out and blocks will flow more evenly.

I hope this answers your question.  If not, let me know...
Activity: 246
{
"errors" : "WARNING: check your network connection, 71 blocks received in the last 4 hours (120 expected)",
}

why would it show this?

The MIDAS difficulty adjustment is moving the difficulty level up or down every 20 minutes or so based on network stats. No worry on that error it's just a result of swings in the total network hashrate and ongoing difficulty adjustments.

As posted by ROICoin mods on their forum: https://roi-coin.com/forum/topic/2
Activity: 266
“A fool and his money are soon parted”
Hello folks :-)

EDIT: It seems that things arent't as simple as I thought. Even with -minermemory=1 and -genproclimit=1 my old i7-3630qm utilizes all four cores to 100%

Hello.

Mining with the wallet grinds my computer to a halt an is very inefficient.

See my post above and start mining with a third party miner. I can still use my pc for simple tasks like browsing and get a lot more H/s
{
"blocks" : 1925,
"networkhashps" : 71764,
"generate" : true,
"hashespersec" : 563
{
}

why would it show this?
Activity: 263
Merit: 12
HODL! If it isn't a grudge...
Okay.

Then I am truly sorry for my mishap Undecided

I see how my post wasn't ok now. Thank you for explaining.

I will follow the instructions from TheRaster and stay quiet.

It's fine - we all are learning and often make mistakes (except for maybe cointron!  Tongue)

Keep experimenting and feel free to ask any questions!

Thank you  Smiley

I followed the instructions from TheRaster using hodlminer-optiminer-fork that I had already on my computer. Now I am getting around 380 hash/s instead of 280 through the wallet.

Regarding my bad post. Should I delete it? Or maybe edit out my ROI-address?
Activity: 770
Merit: 264
I believe the pool operator to be an honorable person and he has done a great service by starting one of the first pools for ROI.  I don't think he was expecting to be attacked or at least so quickly...  This coin has been "live" for 4 days now.  So there will be bumps in the road, as it gains more attention beyond this forum.

That may be true but it is probably better for the coin's reputation if you remove the pool link from the front page until the pool begins making payments and is up and running again.

I'm on it. Hmm instead of removing it I will note that the pool is currently offline...
I believe the pool operator to be an honorable person and he has done a great service by starting one of the first pools for ROI.  I don't think he was expecting to be attacked or at least so quickly...  This coin has been "live" for 4 days now.  So there will be bumps in the road, as it gains more attention beyond this forum.

That may be true but it is probably better for the coin's reputation if you remove the pool link from the front page until the pool begins making payments and is up and running again.

Hello,

We definitely appreciate your being in the community... But please keep in mind, the pool operators are independent owner/operators of a service.

That said, one of the reasons I never tried running a pool is because it can be attacked.  It is going to happen.  And eventually, some how, some way, that we have not seen yet, ROIcoin may very well be attacked.  We have done our best to update security and enhance block chain features, etc...  When and if that day comes, we will do our best to correct, fortify and do our best to ensure mined coins are protected.  But there are bad people out there.

Regardless of what happens, the devs, marketing team, and independent pool operators are always going to put the community first.  And we will do whatever it takes, to keep ROIcoin up and running, as will pool operators when they have to scramble and recover from an attack.

Should there ever be an unauthorized corrupt pool operator out in the world, the ROIcoin core team will do right by you and make things right.

Maybe you should take out the pool section from the 1st post on this thread so that new users dont waste their time trying to use that?
Okay.

Then I am truly sorry for my mishap Undecided

I see how my post wasn't ok now. Thank you for explaining.

I will follow the instructions from TheRaster and stay quiet.

It's fine - we all are learning and often make mistakes (except for maybe cointron!  Tongue)

Keep experimenting and feel free to ask any questions!
Activity: 116
Merit: 10

Hello,

We definitely appreciate your being in the community... But please keep in mind, the pool operators are independent owner/operators of a service.

That said, one of the reasons I never tried running a pool is because it can be attacked.  It is going to happen.  And eventually, some how, some way, that we have not seen yet, ROIcoin may very well be attacked.  We have done our best to update security and enhance block chain features, etc...  When and if that day comes, we will do our best to correct, fortify and do our best to ensure mined coins are protected.  But there are bad people out there.

Regardless of what happens, the devs, marketing team, and independent pool operators are always going to put the community first.  And we will do whatever it takes, to keep ROIcoin up and running, as will pool operators when they have to scramble and recover from an attack.

Should there ever be an unauthorized corrupt pool operator out in the world, the ROIcoin core team will do right by you and make things right.

Jump to: