Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SBC] StableCoin ¦¦ A new breed of cryptocurrency ¦¦ v1.2 RELEASED - page 17. (Read 102749 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
This is what I have.

./StableCoind getpeerinfo |grep addr
        "addr" : "72.78.100.13:17500",
        "addr" : "109.80.94.251:17500",
        "addr" : "86.22.130.144:17500",
        "addr" : "79.113.208.64:17500",
aa
Activity: 544
Merit: 500
Litecoin is right coin
the updated client doesnt sync, any node to add it? i have the nodes from the main page
These are the only peers I've been able to connect to:
Code:
addnode=71.92.158.168
addnode=72.78.100.13
addnode=86.22.130.144
addnode=91.65.152.114
addnode=96.247.76.165
72.78.100.13 is the only one that maintained its connection the entire time.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
the updated client doesnt sync, any node to add it? i have the nodes from the main page
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
One exchange will have it on Monday according to the buzz I am hearing. Best launch ever, keep it up!
Activity: 243
We are pleased to announce that the StableCoin Shop is nearing completion. The back end is  about 75% done and our web design guy is in the process of designing a clean front end.  Originally, we just planned to offer digitally delivered goods at launch, but competing services have forced our hand. Therefore, we have decided to include Amazon.com integration as well. Here's the specifics:

* Users will have an account that they can transfer SBC into
* After a certain number of confirms (currently 50, subject to change), SBC will be posted to the account
* SBC can then be converted to USD credit based on an algorithm that invokes several market variables

USD credit can be spent in the following ways:

* Users can submit an Amazon.com wish list which will be purchased for them
* Users can have steam games gifted to them
* Users can have gift cards codes delivered to them via email

The shop is set to be launched as soon as SBC has a fair market price establish (aka gets on an exchange). I'm sure a few of you will question this, but anyone who has taken an economics class will understand why we can not just launch the service and ascribe an arbitrary value to the coins.

I hope you are all as excited about launching this service as we are

Artos,

Have you had any responses from any exchanges?
Activity: 84
http://stablecoin.net
We are pleased to announce that the StableCoin Shop is nearing completion. The back end is  about 75% done and our web design guy is in the process of designing a clean front end.  Originally, we just planned to offer digitally delivered goods at launch, but competing services have forced our hand. Therefore, we have decided to include Amazon.com integration as well. Here's the specifics:

* Users will have an account that they can transfer SBC into
* After a certain number of confirms (currently 50, subject to change), SBC will be posted to the account
* SBC can then be converted to USD credit based on an algorithm that invokes several market variables

USD credit can be spent in the following ways:

* Users can submit an Amazon.com wish list which will be purchased for them
* Users can have steam games gifted to them
* Users can have gift cards codes delivered to them via email

The shop is set to be launched as soon as SBC has a fair market price establish (aka gets on an exchange). I'm sure a few of you will question this, but anyone who has taken an economics class will understand why we can not just launch the service and ascribe an arbitrary value to the coins.

I hope you are all as excited about launching this service as we are.

Discussion: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-stablecoin-shop-amazoncom-and-steam-integration-235287
Activity: 243
I agree...as now coingas is up and running so now there are NUMEROUS coins out there with a store and stablecoin is stuck with the promise of a store.
xus
Activity: 46
yeah if the store does not show up in time this coin will fail...

so get it as fast as possible Wink
Activity: 155
Keep up the great work, this is the smoothest launch ever. Oh and get that store up! Smiley

If this coin is going anywhere we definitely need a store, wiki/site, and exchange(s).
Activity: 28
Keep up the great work, this is the smoothest launch ever. Oh and get that store up! Smiley
Activity: 118
The main concern I have with this coin is that it doesn't seem "open" enough:

- It's based on some research (apparently extensive network testing) to determine the 40s block time - but no details were published.  Where is the white paper?  The whole crypto community should be allowed to benefit from this work, peer review it, criticise and give feedback.
- Similar to above, there was a comparison of hashing algorithms done and the conclusion was that scrypt was the safest.  A publication of this work would be appreciated.

Come see what makes StableCoin the most well planned cryptocurrency out there.

We can't see this other than trusting your word for it.

helping to grow StableCoin by working behind the scenes to develop and deploy services that will ensure success

Wouldn't it be better to be active *in the scene* rather than "behind the scenes"?  This is supposed to be an open source project.

RETHINKING CRYPTOCURRENCY FROM THE BOTTOM UP

This is really an over-the-top statement.  Stablecoin is not a bottom-up rethink of cryptocurrency.  It's a copy of the bitcoin design and source code, with minor modifications.  To keep this project stable, lets be open and honest about things.

The combination of these things just gives me a feeling as if the coin is a bit too centrally-planned and governed rather than truely open and community based.

BTW I'm looking for a discussion here, not just trying to write bad things about it.  I'm sharing my thoughts because I've been mining this coin and want to make sure it has a future.
Activity: 189
Hey feeleep, it's poor form to CC everybody in an email like that, next time please BCC us so as to not expose our email addresses to everybody on the list.
Activity: 543
Merit: 250
Join my SBC Pool, we're finding a few blocks every hour!

www.play4.co.uk

Login:
pool.play4.co.uk:9119

Username:
Your Wallet
Password:
x

No registration required so pretty straightforward and it wont suffer the coin stealing effects of the unpatched pushpools !
Activity: 118

Can anyone explain what the "UNKNOWN" address means in the coinbase transaction of some blocks?

http://coinminer.net:2750/block/60f8201e18f934b4a20137a731ac2987a5f85824613a0a2e0b3cd6ec5d543d90

Blocks I mine are showing up like this.

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
Dear miners,

Someone hacked our pools (username xrom) and withdrew significant amount of coins from wallets on two pools: wdc.coinmine.pl and stc.coinmine.pl. Right now we are not able to process all payments as we have huge hole in the wallets.

I've disabled manual payments on all our mines until the issue is resolved.

We are counting on your donations to fill the gap and start functioning normally.

feeleep
Why are you not counting on fixing the hole to start functioning normally?

Who said I will not fix the hole? But if you can donate a bit then sites can work normally.

Yeah, well, i would have but i just solo-ed a block that was accepted according to cgminer but never showed up in my wallet. :/
Never had that before. Is there  a block explorer operational for this chain?

That is a stale share someone beat you to it.

What shares? I was mining solo.

Excuse me a stale block
Activity: 42
Dear miners,

Someone hacked our pools (username xrom) and withdrew significant amount of coins from wallets on two pools: wdc.coinmine.pl and stc.coinmine.pl. Right now we are not able to process all payments as we have huge hole in the wallets.

We are counting on your donations to fill the gap and start functioning normally.

feeleep

Who said I will not fix the hole? But if you can donate a bit then sites can work normally.

Yeah, well, i would have but i just solo-ed a block that was accepted according to cgminer but never showed up in my wallet. :/
Never had that before. Is there  a block explorer operational for this chain?

Happened to me few times on STC too, blocks found and accpeted but never arrived to the wallet. That is why i moved to the pool.
Activity: 840
Dear miners,

feeleep

legendary
Activity: 1162
Dear miners,

feeleep

Activity: 840
Dear miners,

feeleep

legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011
Franko is Freedom
Good luck dev! If you need help with anything, just send me a PM.
Pages:
Jump to: