Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SBC] StableCoin ¦¦ A new breed of cryptocurrency ¦¦ v1.2 RELEASED - page 5. (Read 102735 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Where the hell is Artos?  Any updates would assist in HIS coin.  The store should be done next week if we follow his timeline...which means he should be updating us as we would be days away.

I don't know.  He still hasn't responded to my pm about changing the block explorer over.  I sent that on the 23rd.  Maybe he is out of town ?

Activity: 243
Merit: 100
Where the hell is Artos?  Any updates would assist in HIS coin.  The store should be done next week if we follow his timeline...which means he should be updating us as we would be days away.
Is it the network hashrate?  Or is someone else weird going on?  I just looked at the Silverwolf 2nd pool, and noticed the Pool hash rate is higher then the network hash rate.  Even if no one else was mining, that should be impossible.

I wondered about that as well.  I think it's because the network hashrate from the client is averaged over a number of blocks and it updates much slower than the pool hashrate display.  So, the network hash was that low but it picked up again and the counter just hasn't updated.

It's just a theory though.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
The network hashrate is estimated by (blocks solved/time), but pool hashrate by (shares/time).  So with one pool, network hashrate = pool hashrate x luck.  Luck can exceed 100% and often does.
Activity: 541
Merit: 500
Is it the network hashrate?  Or is someone else weird going on?  I just looked at the Silverwolf 2nd pool, and noticed the Pool hash rate is higher then the network hash rate.  Even if no one else was mining, that should be impossible.
Activity: 243
Why the hell has the mining hashrate dropped so low?

Where is Artos?
FYI From Silverwolf's SBC Pools :

The network hash rate has dropped to the point where the % of network registration caps no longer make sense.

So, I have temporarily disabled them on both pools.

Registrations are OPEN:
http://silverwolf.ath.cx/sbc
http://swmining.mine.nu/sbc
Thanks for your help man - I am not that fussed it was something I have never seen happen before that is all.

I'll send you your 5 coins back

Keep 'em.  that way you at least have a few. Smiley

You might try mining on one of the pools instead of solo.  Most people seem to have better luck with pool mining.
Activity: 238
Thanks for your help man - I am not that fussed it was something I have never seen happen before that is all.

I'll send you your 5 coins back
I was mining solo

the majority were unconfirmed.

I closed the wallet - then when I opened it all the transactions were showing with a question mark - so I closed it and opened it again and then there was nothing

I'm going to send you a couple coins to see if the transaction will show up in the block explorer.  One sec.

It's showing the 5 coins I sent you just now.  I don't know what else to do.  The ones you mined might have been orphans I guess.

Maybe someone else in the thread can help you further.
Now it is showing as confirmed!

Opened and closed wallet and it still there.
just seen 5 come in - it is  showing with a question mark in transactions
I was mining solo

I closed the wallet - then when I opened it all the transactions were showing with a question mark - so I closed it and opened it again and then there was nothing

I'm going to send you a couple coins to see if the transaction will show up in the block explorer.  One sec.
I was mining solo

I have no problem posting it

scpSNuHJH3V52oD6cWA2eohnQoyibKmbmk

Thanks

My block explorer doesn't show any transactions for that address : http://sbc.isa-geek.com/address/scpSNuHJH3V52oD6cWA2eohnQoyibKmbmk

I tried the other block explorer as well but it's down again.

Were you mining solo or in a pool ?
I have no problem posting it

scpSNuHJH3V52oD6cWA2eohnQoyibKmbmk

Thanks
All the SBC I mined have just vanished. 800 of the b**tards

Wallet says 38 transactions yet in the transaction history there is nothing.

WTF is going on.

What is your SBC address ?

if you don't want to post it than just search for it here : http://sbc.isa-geek.com/

See what records it shows.
All the SBC I mined have just vanished. 800 of the b**tards

Wallet says 38 transactions yet in the transaction history there is nothing.

WTF is going on.
Activity: 541
Merit: 500
You are right, and this problem goes for all the 50 or so coins that seem to be launched every week.  The coins aren't worth anything aside from speculating and trading until the developer or someone else sets up a few stores.  Arthos has promised a store and a money laundering service  (LOL) to be set up for this coin.  The value the coin has is betting on whether these 2 things will add value to the coin, and thus making it worth more in the future.  Or betting on if other businesses will take it on as well.

Lets not forget even Bitcoin had to get through this.  Thus the 10,000 Bitcoin Pizza legend.  Some people had to bet on this valueless coin being worth something in the future.  Right now all the other alt coins, aside for a very small handful are all sitting in the same boat, waiting for something to happen and speculating if each one is special enough to get through the growing pains.  Stablecoin isn't dead yet.  Or even dying.  It's in limbo waiting for a decent store to go up, or waiting for something to knock it down.
You can buy steam games with sbc : http://www.coingas.com

Personally I like SystemShock 2.  That was a classic game!

http://www.coingas.com/system-shock-2
Pages:
Jump to: