Author

Topic: [ANN][SCRYPT] KlondikeCoin ★ Cryptsy.com ★ Prepaid VISA Cards ★ 0% Premine [KDC] - page 172. (Read 554399 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Am i correct in thinking when the new wallet is compiled and released we will have to.

- Backup wallet.dat file
- Delete all contents of appdata/roaming/klondikecoin
- Restore wallet.dat backup to folder
- Open wallet and let it re-sync

+ add the new config file with latest nodes to the dir
Activity: 238
we are get rid of the multipool whale for the moment. we need  end user based high network hash rate and hope those whales don't come back.

Yes, as much as im sure we're all enjoying the low diff please all do your best to raise awareness that everythings ok and miners need to update - all the easy mining will be in vein if we dont have a secure hashrate

Pointing my tiny 300KH/s at Cryptofountain now, come on people get back mining check the OP for a list of mining pools confirmed to be on the correct chain and put some MH/s back on KDC network is safe as long as your are on the correct pool.

Am i correct in thinking when the new wallet is compiled and released we will have to.

- Backup wallet.dat file
- Delete all contents of appdata/roaming/klondikecoin
- Restore wallet.dat backup to folder
- Open wallet and let it re-sync

or will updating the exe and backing up wallet.dat just in case be enough.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
we are get rid of the multipool whale for the moment. we need  end user based high network hash rate and hope those whales don't come back.

Yes, as much as im sure we're all enjoying the low diff please all do your best to raise awareness that everythings ok and miners need to update - all the easy mining will be in vein if we dont have a secure hashrate
we are get rid of the multipool whale for the moment. we need  end user based high network hash rate and hope those whales don't come back.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Growcoin Chief
lol... this really fun mining with this diff..

14      barryzand      1,160khs        178.416kdc

thats only 30/40 coins off when blocks were still 77... already 12hours or so at low diff...  i give it 4/6 more hours and we are back to normal lol
Activity: 70
OK guys last update from me for a few hours...

Windows Wallet on the way, github updated. Andy (klondikecoins) will keep you all updated on progress and will also post a list of safe nodes.

With the help of hash-so we have done some more analysis into what caused the fork.

We believe the code was fine and fork should have stayed succesful. The version info would have helped but shouldnt have caused an issue (it didnt last time) as the coinbase of the wallets wouldnt have matched.

We believe this was an accidental 51% fork caused by a multipool using the old wallet code and and versioning being outdated. The pools just didnt have enough peers to communicate with.

This is a risk as with any fork and luckly for us we will not need to fork again. On the back of this we will be building the KDC Board (foundation) where we will invite influential and technical members to join our team.

Dave,

Good news.

How we detected the fork was that our public pool and private pool were on different blockchains. Both were running the new wallets and hard-coded as peers to each other. Also the public pool wallet which was on the lower difficulty blockchain reported the wallet error while the private pool on the higher difficulty blockchain reported no errors. This how we were alerted to the fork, which at that time was 4 blocks apart.

How does this fit into the picture with your analysis with Hash-so? Anything we can learn, makes us better prepared.

Thanks!

Hmm my understanding of this is that it would depend on what other nodes you were connected to even if they were conencting to each other. So if each wallet was connected to 18 other different nodes they would follow the majority.
Activity: 672
Merit: 250

Windows Wallet on the way, github updated. Andy (klondikecoins) will keep you all updated on progress and will also post a list of safe nodes.

With the help of hash-so we have done some more analysis into what caused the fork.

We believe the code was fine and fork should have stayed succesful. The version info would have helped but shouldnt have caused an issue (it didnt last time) as the coinbase of the wallets wouldnt have matched.

We believe this was an accidental 51% fork caused by a multipool using the old wallet code and and versioning being outdated. The pools just didnt have enough peers to communicate with.

This is a risk as with any fork and luckly for us we will not need to fork again. On the back of this we will be building the KDC Board (foundation) where we will invite influential and technical members to join our team.

Dave,

Good news.

How we detected the fork was that our public pool and private pool were on different blockchains. Both were running the new wallets and hard-coded as peers to each other. Also the public pool wallet which was on the lower difficulty blockchain reported the wallet error while the private pool on the higher difficulty blockchain reported no errors. This how we were alerted to the fork, which at that time was 4 blocks apart.

How does this fit into the picture with your analysis with Hash-so? Anything we can learn, makes us better prepared.

Thanks!
Activity: 84
Nodes in the OP are the ones to use, we will add more soon.

I have sent some e mails asking the bigger services to update asap, we should see the windows wallets in a few hours.

Please PM all pools, multipools etc to update asap! So we can start getting back on track and gaining a more secure net hashrate.

I have contacted hashco.ws, asked coinwarz and coinedup to update already.  

Growcoin Chief
so how long was criptoe down?  9 hours a go i went to bed... so i dont now how long it went down.. lol ( i need an estimate of timeloss you know LOL) although its compensated by the ridicolous low diff. at the moment... i still like to know lol

the amount of time it took Fuse to recompile the wallet and download the block chain... 15 minutes... maybe...

Edit - shows how long my day has been you have gone to bed and gotten 9 hours of sleep and I am still here!!!

where you live?? i live in holland... when i got to bed it was already 2:30 at night... lol...

better get some sleep then man!  Wink

and i thought pool went down AFTER i gone to bed... never mind lol

so how long was criptoe down?  9 hours a go i went to bed... so i dont now how long it went down.. lol ( i need an estimate of timeloss you know LOL) although its compensated by the ridicolous low diff. at the moment... i still like to know lol

the amount of time it took Fuse to recompile the wallet and download the block chain... 15 minutes... maybe...

Edit - shows how long my day has been you have gone to bed and gotten 9 hours of sleep and I am still here!!!
Growcoin Chief
for the new wallet with new version number and modified old logo

new logo rocks man... much more class  Wink

i really hope this takes off now.... i held my 2 k klondike amost from the beginning lol... bought another 3k few days ago when fork news was coming...

yesterday after the fork difficulty was 5/7 or something... and with 1 mhs day estimate was 50/60 coins.. so to make that profitable it has to go at least to 20000 satoshi within a week or something?? ( dont get me wrong.. i'll hold till last blockhalving...)
Growcoin Chief
Activity: 322
Is the swisscex wallet safe and all good for trading?
  for the new wallet with new version number and modified old logo
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
You are on the same chain as cryptofoutnain. Thats all i confirm right now.

Thanks, they claim to be on the correct fork, and I think I am too.  I will pull the latest changes too.
I've just added some checkpoints now to the github. Wallets being compiled for Windows now.

If you are running a pool or on linux etc. Please pull latest changes and rebuild.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0

That block explorer isnt on the right fork, so that will be the issue. Out of curiosity what block number did you mine. DOes it sync up with criptoe?

Criptoe isn't accepting new registrations so I can't get in to see their stats.

The output from listtransactions says (in part):

"category" : "immature",
        "amount" : 16.00000000,
        "confirmations" : 110,
        "generated" : true,
        "blockhash" : "eda87b43a662e7e6c880a229f03607b805854ffb5b5dfc940398f3effd3a3656",
        "blockindex" : 0,
        "blocktime" : 1393825601,
        "txid" : "9c28f05a49b7858b7161afb350adfb5d9f46531b4babd5820d5fd3bf0e035306",
"time" : 1393825601,
        "timereceived" : 1393825636

Can you tell if this is legit?  I just figured out how to solo mine tonight so I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking at -- especially without a web-based block explorer to reference.

As of posting this there are 85407 blocks in my chain and the difficulty is 2.18977828

thanks!

Cebrek... sent you a PM
24kilo please check your pm's i need your help on something.

That block explorer isnt on the right fork, so that will be the issue. Out of curiosity what block number did you mine. DOes it sync up with criptoe?

Criptoe isn't accepting new registrations so I can't get in to see their stats.

The output from listtransactions says (in part):

"category" : "immature",
        "amount" : 16.00000000,
        "confirmations" : 110,
        "generated" : true,
        "blockhash" : "eda87b43a662e7e6c880a229f03607b805854ffb5b5dfc940398f3effd3a3656",
        "blockindex" : 0,
        "blocktime" : 1393825601,
        "txid" : "9c28f05a49b7858b7161afb350adfb5d9f46531b4babd5820d5fd3bf0e035306",
"time" : 1393825601,
        "timereceived" : 1393825636

Can you tell if this is legit?  I just figured out how to solo mine tonight so I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking at -- especially without a web-based block explorer to reference.

As of posting this there are 85407 blocks in my chain and the difficulty is 2.18977828

thanks!

Cebrek... sent you a PM
Jump to: