Author

Topic: [ANN][SCRYPT] KlondikeCoin ★ Cryptsy.com ★ Prepaid VISA Cards ★ 0% Premine [KDC] - page 174. (Read 554399 times)

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
we are waiting for a official announcement and official release of the wallet. whatever happened is happened. no need to worry about it. many big altcoins are forked and later  fixed the problem.

And for kdc  ,we have spotted the problem and fixed on the same day( even though unofficially). so we are waiting for a word from developers and we are with them and with their decision (whatever ever it may be).  
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002
HODL for life.
From previous post it appears the fork with the fix is unofficial, but other pools may be joining this fork.

From a security standpoint with out making any judgments on intention, the unofficial fork is not dev sponsored code and should be considered as such until KDC devs wake up from their nap!

Actually, KlondikeCoin already addressed this:

@roastbeef - there was a problem with the update, a fix was supplied by another user and the wallet can be grabbed from here:

https://github.com/ny2cafuse/klondikecoin

At the moment that will put you on the new official/unofficial chain. We will confirm 100% asap if we need to rollback or anything else.

I'm currently updating some of our nodes and the block explorer so we can get a better idea of whats going on. The windows wallet will also need to be recompiled.

The official github will be updated once we are 100% happy this has resolved everything.

While they haven't made it "official" yet, they have addressed the update and started using it.

-Fuse
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I have some kdc in a pool that is not updated. Can someone point me to a resource that tells me what happened and how i can keep from losing my kdc?

Thanks

Sit tight.  Don't move your coins.  The dev team of the coin chose to fork the coin to introduce a new reward system.

From what I've read here the devs were asleep during the fork and a fix was proposed by a pool operator.

From previous post it appears the fork with the fix is unofficial, but other pools may be joining this fork.

From a security standpoint with out making any judgments on intention, the unofficial fork is not dev sponsored code and should be considered as such until KDC devs wake up from their nap!

My hashes are currently devoted to more competitive coins at the moment.  I doubt the profitability of this coin will be above the Litecoin reference after the dust settles, and even if it was you can't trade it.

A week ago this coined appeared to be finding its groove the last few days the CoinedUp market had a large whale on the Bid drying up price discovery sucking out volume and now this??
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Activity: 196
PoolMineWith.Us will be updating once the OFFICIAL github is updated, since that's where the exchanges are going to pull from.

I apologize to any miners that are currently waiting for us, but we'd rather not be responsible for any further cock-ups when it comes to your coins.
Activity: 6
I have some kdc in a pool that is not updated. Can someone point me to a resource that tells me what happened and how i can keep from losing my kdc?

Thanks
legendary
HODL for life.
Thanks for your work.  Post a KDC address, when everything settles down, I have some for you  Cool

Same here Fuse, please post your KDC address.

No need, gents.  Honestly, I just wanted to try to help out the community.  When everything settles and is sorted out I'll be happy... that's good enough for me.

Thank you CripToe Team !!! You guys rock!

Thanks to you guys for supporting us.  You're the reason we do what we do.

-Fuse
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
A very special thanks to all the miners who supported and stuck with us today.

You are CripToe Pools.

The KDC CripToe pool is running smoothly and with lots of hash-rate support from you.

Please give us, especially Fuse and I, a chance to walk away and catch our breath. We both have been glued to our terminals for the past 8 hours or so.

We will need to ensure that the fix becomes official and that all blocks and orphans are confirmed from today's mining before we can really relax.

Remember that we will have a jackpot coming up later this week and we are giving out the 10% block finder's reward.

Registrations are still closed at this time. We will make an announcement here when we open the registrations for new miners.

Again many thanks to everyone in the KDC community for coming together and building a stronger and better coin.

legendary
I'm going to bed guys, see you later today.

Thanks for helping KDC, criptoe-team!

No problem, mate.

I'm going to hang out for a little while longer, then step away from computer for the first time today.  What a day!

-Fuse

Thanks for your work.  Post a KDC address, when everything settles down, I have some for you  Cool

Same here Fuse, please post your KDC address.
legendary
Maybe some background... we run both a public and private pool network... we noticed a fork... we were the first to announce it... we alerted the dev... we were told that the technical side of the dev time was asleep(literally)... we have been in constant contact with Klondikecoin... we made the choice to push ahead with a fix... the dev knew this... we spent nearly 4 hours of writing and testing the fix... we pushed everything to Github as soon as we confirmed that the fix worked for us... we informed the dev of the fix and code changes... we announce we had a fix and that the fix was on Github... the dev team has reviewed the fix... it has become the unofficial fix... and we have made a huge effort to not take over the network including closing pool registrations... and as far as I know the technical dev team has not yet woken up.

Would have you preferred that we let KDC burn?

In addition, the second we mined the first block and verified it working, I was on the thread letting people know we had a initial fix.  There was no secrecy.  If you'd like I'll pull up the exact time of the block and the time of my announcement.

-Fuse

Edit:

Announcement was made at 3:16:18PM forum time about the github fork.
At 18:47:17PM, my server time(3:47:17PM forum time), we found the first block.  At that time I verified that it was broadcast to another pool op.
At 3:50:24PM forum time, I made an announcement that we were mining.  That's 31 minutes between when I announced the code, and when we found our first block, and then 3 minutes to when we announced it in the forums.

Kheg, you can go ahead and verify if you'd like.

-Fuse

Thank you CripToe Team !!! You guys rock!
legendary

No problem, mate.

I'm going to hang out for a little while longer, then step away from computer for the first time today.  What a day!

-Fuse

Thanks for your work.  Post a KDC address, when everything settles down, I have some for you  Cool
Activity: 64
kdc.cryptofountain seems to be having a lot of issues
Activity: 126
I was mining KDC on https://kdc.suprnova.cc/ whats going to happen to the coins i mined? Can i send them to coinmarket.io?

Don't move any coins for now... anyway coinmarket.io is still down.
Activity: 6
I was mining KDC on https://kdc.suprnova.cc/ whats going to happen to the coins i mined? Can i send them to coinmarket.io?
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Any predictions on price when everything settles?  If daily demand were to remain the same, we should theoretically see a 3.1x increase in price so maybe in the .00014 range if everything else remains constant.
legendary
HODL for life.

No problem, mate.

I'm going to hang out for a little while longer, then step away from computer for the first time today.  What a day!

-Fuse
Activity: 714
Merit: 529

Activity: 126
Don't forget the other exchanges...
Activity: 714
Merit: 529
Cryptofountain and Criptoes hashrates doesn't add up.
65mhps@criptoes and more than 45 at cryptofountain and still it's only 105mhps net hash?
What's wrong there?
Jump to: