Author

Topic: [ANN][SCRYPT] KlondikeCoin ★ Cryptsy.com ★ Prepaid VISA Cards ★ 0% Premine [KDC] - page 175. (Read 554399 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Are there any exchanges currently trading the coin?  I can't wait to see what happens to the trading volume.

I asked coinedup to freeze trades whilst we got everything sorted, once we have made the fix official and had it pushed out trading will resume.
Activity: 714
Merit: 529
Are there any exchanges currently trading the coin?  I can't wait to see what happens to the trading volume.
I hope not because if they're on the wrong fork the ones buying the coins may not get them Smiley
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002
HODL for life.
Can anyone verify that multipools aren't mining KDC right now?  I doubt any of them have followed this thread today.

-Fuse
Activity: 336
Merit: 254
CoinMine.pw
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Anyone else having trouble connecting to cryptofountain? Anytime I try to start mining it just seems to hang.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Has there been new nodes added? I updated the client, and launched, but the wallet is not syncing ... any ideas?
legendary
HODL for life.
I've verified that we and cryptofountain are on the same chain. By proxy, that means our pool is on the official chain.

https://chunkypools.com/kdc/

Criptoe is on the same chain as well.

KDC.CripToe.Com is mining again.
I've verified that we and cryptofountain are on the same chain. By proxy, that means our pool is on the official chain.

https://chunkypools.com/kdc/
Activity: 112
Maybe some background... we run both a public and private pool network... we noticed a fork... we were the first to announce it... we alerted the dev... we were told that the technical side of the dev time was asleep(literally)... we have been in constant contact with Klondikecoin... we made the choice to push ahead with a fix... the dev knew this... we spent nearly 4 hours of writing and testing the fix... we pushed everything to Github as soon as we confirmed that the fix worked for us... we informed the dev of the fix and code changes... we announce we had a fix and that the fix was on Github... the dev team has reviewed the fix... it has become the unofficial fix... and we have made a huge effort to not take over the network including closing pool registrations... and as far as I know the technical dev team has not yet woken up.

Would have you preferred that we let KDC burn?

In addition, the second we mined the first block and verified it working, I was on the thread letting people know we had a initial fix.  There was no secrecy.  If you'd like I'll pull up the exact time of the block and the time of my announcement.

-Fuse
I started mining the second you were up. Criptoe is main pool, had dope as 2nd. I heard when my gpu's switched pool and saw that you were up so I started mining my other GPU too!
We're good at https://chunkypools.com/kdc/ from what I can tell. Diff is 5 now. Can someone officially verify?

It isn't 5, probably means your wallet is still syncing.

I think we're good. We're not syncing. Can you please verify?

Current Difficulty   0.9453027
Est. Next Difficulty   5.91974999 (Change in 1 Blocks)
legendary
HODL for life.
Maybe some background... we run both a public and private pool network... we noticed a fork... we were the first to announce it... we alerted the dev... we were told that the technical side of the dev time was asleep(literally)... we have been in constant contact with Klondikecoin... we made the choice to push ahead with a fix... the dev knew this... we spent nearly 4 hours of writing and testing the fix... we pushed everything to Github as soon as we confirmed that the fix worked for us... we informed the dev of the fix and code changes... we announce we had a fix and that the fix was on Github... the dev team has reviewed the fix... it has become the unofficial fix... and we have made a huge effort to not take over the network including closing pool registrations... and as far as I know the technical dev team has not yet woken up.

In addition, the second we mined the first block and verified it working, I was on the thread letting people know we had a initial fix.  There was no secrecy.  If you'd like I'll pull up the exact time of the block and the time of my announcement.

-Fuse

Edit:

Announcement was made at 3:16:18PM forum time about the github fork.
At 18:47:17PM, my server time(3:47:17PM forum time), we found the first block.  At that time I verified that it was broadcast to another pool op.
At 3:50:24PM forum time, I made an announcement that we were mining.  That's 31 minutes between when I announced the code, and when we found our first block, and then 3 minutes to when we announced it in the forums.

Kheg, you can go ahead and verify if you'd like.

-Fuse
We're good at https://chunkypools.com/kdc/ from what I can tell. Diff is 5 now. Can someone officially verify?

It isn't 5, probably means your wallet is still syncing.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Wait wait wait... you're telling me that a "fix" was pushed by someone OTHER than the dev team?  And you're asking us to willingly get on a fork run/started by a rogue pool?

That's freaking ridiculous.

To top it off, that means Criptoe has had EXCLUSIVE access to this fork for how long now at a ridiculously low difficulty?

I'm sorry... this is bullshit.  Totally unacceptable on every level.

Kheg,

Maybe some background... we run both a public and private pool network... we noticed a fork... we were the first to announce it... we alerted the dev... we were told that the technical side of the dev team was asleep(literally)... we have been in constant contact with Klondikecoin... we made the choice to push ahead with a fix... the dev knew this... we spent nearly 4 hours of writing and testing the fix... we pushed everything to Github as soon as we confirmed that the fix worked for us... we informed the dev of the fix and code changes... we announced we had a fix and that the fix was on Github... the dev team has reviewed the fix... it has become the unofficial fix... and we have made a huge effort to not take over the network including closing pool registrations... and as far as I know the technical dev team has not yet woken up.

KDC CripToe has closed temporarily closed registrations.

We do truly appreciate the hash-rate... but we do not want to own the network... and miners are piling in on KDC Criptoe... and this going to result in a lot of coins turning into dust for many people... all the way around.

Can another pool operator please speak with the dev team and take the risk to use our fix so we can do as much as we can to protect miners hard work and hash-rate.

Thanks!

I have pm'd some pool ops.

@roastbeef - there was a problem with the update, a fix was supplied by another user and the wallet can be grabbed from here:

https://github.com/ny2cafuse/klondikecoin

At the moment that will put you on the new official/unofficial chain. We will confirm 100% asap if we need to rollback or anything else.

I'm currently updating some of our nodes and the block explorer so we can get a better idea of whats going on. The windows wallet will also need to be recompiled.

The official github will be updated once we are 100% happy this has resolved everything.

Wait wait wait... you're telling me that a "fix" was pushed by someone OTHER than the dev team?  And you're asking us to willingly get on a fork run/started by a rogue pool?

To top it off, that means Criptoe has had EXCLUSIVE access to this fork for how long now at a ridiculously low difficulty?

I'm sorry... this is bullshit.  Totally unacceptable on every level.

Hi Kheg,

Don't worry - they pushed a fix and shared the code very shortly after, i could see this from looking at their github, the timestamp on the change was very shortly before they released it, the git was also cloned from the official klondikecoin repository shortly before that.

If i thought they had exclusive access for a while and took advantage of that i wouldn't have been okay with it, ofcourse they would have had a very minor headstart but i see that as more of a reward for sorting the problem quicker than i could get hold of the other devs.

There's also no need to worry about them having access to it at a low diff as kimotos would have kicked in and stopped any form of 'insta mining'
Activity: 714
Merit: 529
Kheg, for god sake.
It's possible that this is a temporarily solution. I don't know. Even if it's not, what does it matter? If the pool team did the same thing the developers was going to do, but did it faster should devs decline the help and then rewrite the same thing?
I think it's a good thing that the community is helping the developer team, don't you?

I'm not one of the developers but I and a few more are helping them anyway. Is that wrong too?

Oh and Kheg, no offense but what are you doing to help the community at the moment? Except deprecate the developer team.

Criptoe started for a little while there btw, then you shut it down Sad

It's one thing to help.  It's another thing to create a fork and then just "slide it out there".
Two teams were coding at the same time, independently, and the "pool team" was faster.
Dev team checked the code and thought it was looking good. They made it official and it's working.

It was either having ONE long fork to go with or 500 short ones.

Is criptoe syncing atm?

Fun to see the development of the hashrate thru the time haha
legendary
HODL for life.
Kheg, for god sake.
It's possible that this is a temporarily solution. I don't know. Even if it's not, what does it matter? If the pool team did the same thing the developers was going to do, but did it faster should devs decline the help and then rewrite the same thing?
I think it's a good thing that the community is helping the developer team, don't you?

I'm not one of the developers but I and a few more are helping them anyway. Is that wrong too?

Oh and Kheg, no offense but what are you doing to help the community at the moment? Except deprecate the developer team.

It's one thing to help.  It's another thing to create a fork and then just "slide it out there".

The fork was already there, kheg.  All I did was push a fork along.  It's what would need to have happened anyway.  One fork needs to be correct.  I asked the community what was the highest fork, and I tried to push that along.

Not to be mean, but you honestly need to read a little about how forks happen, and how they are fixed before you start screaming from your soapbox.

-Fuse
Kheg, for god sake.

It's one thing to help.  It's another thing to create a fork and then just "slide it out there".
legendary
HODL for life.

I'm sorry... this is bullshit.

Cool your jets, turbo.  That's the beauty of open source... it's open for anyone to modify.  I announced the pool was up and running as soon as I announced the code change.  There was no "exclusive access".  Everyone was able to download the code if they wanted.

On another note, something isn't right on CripToe.  Restarting services right now.  It might take a few minutes.
Jump to: