Author

Topic: [ANN][SCRYPT] KlondikeCoin ★ Cryptsy.com ★ Prepaid VISA Cards ★ 0% Premine [KDC] - page 177. (Read 554399 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 250
Hey guys, I'm one of the community leaders.

To you guys who just got here and wonder what happened:
For a while after the fork everything went smooth, blocks were found and no issues were found. Some pools had forgot to update wallet so they were on their own block chain still finding 77KDC/block.

Then KDC forked and coins that were sent didn't arrive to the other wallet.
Some kind of wallet error was affecting every pool out there. Every pool went down until this was fixed. Criptoepool team started working on it and got it working. THOUGH THERE IS NO GREEN LIGHT FROM DEVELOPERS YET!

Wallets went to several different blockchains and KDC was forked.
Market at coinedup is temporarily halted until everything is fixed.

DO NOT SEND COINS TO ANOTHER WALLET UNTIL DEVELOPERS GIVES US THE GREEN LIGHT! BY SENDING COINS TO ANOTHER WALLET RIGHT NOW YOU CAN LOSE YOUR COINS!

I don't think criptoepool team wants to harm KDC.
Please don't DDOS their pool and start mining there instead.

I have no expertise in this subject but logically I think the right thing to do is to get the longest block chain and by this helping the developers. They will know which block chain is the longest and can pull the data from there and use it.
Can anyone with knowledge in this subject confirm or deny this?

Thanks... we mean no harm!!!

I feel quite responsible for dragging Criptoe into this as I have been the KDC supporter of the group. We have a very vested interest in seeing this resolved ASAP. We gave away over 1800KDC in block finder rewards leading up to the fork... we have invested heavily in the KDC community and pool to ensure success of KDC as a coin.

Causing forks and fracturing the community and blockchain is counterproductive for all of us... miners, pool operators, investors, merchants... everyone.

What we would like to see is another pool grab the fix we pushed to Github and use and create some stability for the time being. It will give all us a breathing space to test and deploy a proper fix.

Thanks!
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Growcoin Chief
well i put my auto payout to zero man... what is the max amount of coins i can held in "my" pool wallet? i dont want to add changes to my klondike folders without official backup of the devs Wink

You can hold as many as you want on the pools.  The pool just starts yelling at you to set a value if you go over the pool's set threshold.  It's not a big deal.  Just be careful with where you leave coins.

-Fuse

always! i had it set though... but like i said.. i dont want to update wallet with these settings for now... i'm waiting for dev response before i fuck up anything lol.. having said that i trust your pool since you even helped the devs with this  Wink
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
And someone has just hammered the Windows wallet as well...

me thinks we have a big solo miner on a different fork...

so he wants your pool to be delayed in finding blocks... so he can get a few blocks before us? is that how it works?

Well the opposite happened... now Criptoe is ahead...

That's a good news but I wonder how many coins that guy has mined so far with this trick
Activity: 714
Merit: 529
Hey guys, I'm one of the community leaders.
To you guys who just got here and wonder what happened:

For a while after the fork everything went smooth, blocks were found and no issues were found. Some pools had forgot to update wallet so they were on their own block chain still finding 77KDC/block.

Then KDC forked and coins that were sent didn't arrive to the other wallet.
Some kind of wallet error was affecting every pool out there. Every pool went down until this was fixed. Criptoepool team started working on it and got it working. THOUGH THERE IS NO GREEN LIGHT FROM DEVELOPERS YET!

Wallets went to several different blockchains and KDC was forked.
Market at coinedup is temporarily halted until everything is fixed.

DO NOT SEND COINS TO ANOTHER WALLET UNTIL DEVELOPERS GIVES US THE GREEN LIGHT! BY SENDING COINS TO ANOTHER WALLET RIGHT NOW YOU CAN LOSE YOUR COINS!

I don't think criptoepool team wants to harm KDC.
Please don't DDOS their pool and start mining there instead.

I have no expertise in this subject but logically I think the right thing to do is to get the longest block chain and by this helping the developers. They will know which block chain is the longest and can pull the data from there and use it.
Can anyone with knowledge in this subject confirm or deny this?
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002
HODL for life.
well i put my auto payout to zero man... what is the max amount of coins i can held in "my" pool wallet? i dont want to add changes to my klondike folders without official backup of the devs Wink

You can hold as many as you want on the pools.  The pool just starts yelling at you to set a value if you go over the pool's set threshold.  It's not a big deal.  Just be careful with where you leave coins.

-Fuse
Hi,

I'm currently doing further testing on the update provided by fuse, will confirm if this is the new official chain asap and push everyone to update, at the moment id either reccomend mining on that chain or not at all Smiley

The windows wallet won't be correct as it will still be open to the same problem as before - we'll compile and update that asap, once we are sure which chain we're using etc

Someone is DDOS'ing stratum on the CripToe.Com pool.  Payouts have been shut down for now.

Looks like someone didn't like us encroaching on their forking profits.

-Fuse

I doubt you're being ddos'd, it is probably because everyone is currently using you as the only node to re sync the blockchain

Thanks!!! Just hoping we can get this fixed and move on... has been an exhausting few hours and we are ready to get back to business.

so he wants your pool to be delayed in finding blocks... so he can get a few blocks before us? is that how it works?

Well the opposite happened... now Criptoe is ahead...
Growcoin Chief
Growcoin Chief

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Hi,

I'm currently doing further testing on the update provided by fuse, will confirm if this is the new official chain asap and push everyone to update, at the moment id either reccomend mining on that chain or not at all Smiley

The windows wallet won't be correct as it will still be open to the same problem as before - we'll compile and update that asap, once we are sure which chain we're using etc

Someone is DDOS'ing stratum on the CripToe.Com pool.  Payouts have been shut down for now.

-Fuse

I doubt you're being ddos'd, it is probably because everyone is currently using you as the only node to re sync the blockchain

Growcoin Chief
Yeah.. My new windows wallet that I started solo mining against about 8 hours ago is 2 blocks ahead of the CripToe pool.

and what does this mean for the pool?
legendary
HODL for life.
Changed my post to be more specific.

They are ddosing the stratum ports.

-Fuse

Edit: And it's over.  Let's see if this continues.  Payouts resumed.
Growcoin Chief
Someone is DDOS'ing the CripToe.Com pool.  Payouts have been shut down for now.

-Fuse

serious?? i'm not having any issues reaching the site...
legendary
HODL for life.

-Fuse
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Yeah.. My new windows wallet that I started solo mining against about 8 hours ago is 2 blocks ahead of the CripToe pool.
But if I take the old code, add your changes and connect to "your" network, I can still create a new fork? At least to me it seems that way, I don't think you fixed the underlying issue.

Also your fork is not the longest Smiley  84922 vs 84913

All my code does is change the wallet version number and limit nodes to only be able to connect with that version.  If there is another issue, all this does is make sure that the version is eliminated as a possible variable.

Who is on that chain, we are pushing along pretty fast right now, unless they are running my code without connecting to this version's network, we will pass them up pretty fast, or they will have lots of issues in a little bit.

-Fuse

Edit: block 84926 at 4:13PM PST

We need a statement from the devs that this is ok, compile release wallets for the public and be done with it, I can compile the mac wallet as soon as I get the green light.
Please stop with the risk of everyone moving there and causing yet another fork? can we please calm down? You asume everyone to compile from your code and just go with it. Waiting for Dev ann

Thanks for the compliments!

Fuse, myself, another private pool operator and another experienced miner just spent the last 6 hours working on a fix... running tests, compiling wallets, setting up temporary servers and whatever... we did this to help KDC recover from a rapidly deteriorating situation.

All the fixes have been pushed to Github for Klondikecoin to review... plus he just confirmed the technical coin dev team was asleep!!! Of course, they are humans and need and deserve sleep... but since this is a team effort we volunteered our time and resources instead of waiting for another few hours for them to wake up and KDC to slide into a real mess.

All the code and fixes is there for everyone to use.

I can confirm that the compiled Windows wallet on the KDC homepage works... I used to to run a solo mining server... it may need a slight fix... but it is on the right block chain and will confirming transactions.

BUT DO NOT MOVE KDC UNTIL ALL IS CONFIRMED BY DEV TEAM!!!

So no need for the panic... Criptoe is not hard-forking KDC or organising a hostile takeover... we just provided a much needed community service in a time of need.

Thanks for your help. It's good to see dedicated miners like you working hard for this coin.
legendary
HODL for life.
But if I take the old code, add your changes and connect to "your" network, I can still create a new fork? At least to me it seems that way, I don't think you fixed the underlying issue.

All my code does is change the wallet version number and limit nodes to only be able to connect with that version.  If there is another issue, all this does is make sure that the version is eliminated as a possible variable.

Who is on that chain, we are pushing along pretty fast right now, unless they are running my code without connecting to this version's network, we will pass them up pretty fast, or they will have lots of issues in a little bit.

-Fuse

Edit: block 84926 at 4:13PM PST

You are not connecting to 'our' network... you are connecting to the network which the dev team compiled and supplied widows wallet is on... we did not create our own network... we only fixed the pool wallet so it would connect to the personal wallet network... that is what seems to have caused the fork.

Agreed - my Windows server wallet is about 2 blocks ahead... hmmm...
Jump to: