Author

Topic: [ANN][SEED] SeedCoin | New Road Map - page 135. (Read 184103 times)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0
October 05, 2014, 10:12:02 PM
I found the problem. Working on a fix.

There's nothing wrong with the current network, it's running perfectly. Technically staking is running perfectly too, but if you don't have enough coins, their weight wont register on the network. This limitation isn't actually hard-coded in, but a limitation of the design of the weight system in code, which is coded in such a way that decimals round down. So .1 rounds to 0, 2.9 rounds to 2, and so on.  The reason everyone with more than 1 coin from launch isn't staking now is because weight starts from 0 after the minimum amount of time has passed. So a person with 1 coin from launch would start accumulating weight after 24 hours, sure, but their weight wouldn't be more than 1 until after another 24 hours had passed.

So over the course of the day people with over 1 coin will be able to start staking, but people with less will have to wait longer. People with .1 wont be able to stake before the growth period begins. That's unfair, so I'm going to fix the code.

At any rate, Over the course of the next day people will be able to start staking. I'll have a fix for the network that will allow people with extremely low balances to stake as well. I'll coordinate that fix with the exchanges and the mining pools so everyone will be able to stake for the growth period. Sorry for the problem.

No worries!  All in all this is a minor thing.  Thanks for the quick reply!
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
October 05, 2014, 09:57:57 PM
For what it's worth, someone has staked on the network:

"moneysupply" : 233.56027397

Coins are only mined in .1 increments. Block one produced 67.86. That 27397 at the end there means somebody staked.

Activity: 882
Merit: 502
October 05, 2014, 09:55:49 PM

There's nothing wrong with the current network, it's running perfectly. Technically staking is running perfectly too, but if you don't have enough coins, their weight wont register on the network. This limitation isn't actually hard-coded in, but a limitation of the design of the weight system in code, which is coded in such a way that decimals round down. So .1 rounds to 0, 2.9 rounds to 2, and so on.  The reason everyone with more than 1 coin from launch isn't staking now is because weight starts from 0 after the minimum amount of time has passed. So a person with 1 coin from launch would start accumulating weight after 24 hours, sure, but their weight wouldn't be more than 1 until after another 24 hours had passed.

So over the course of the day people with over 1 coin will be able to start staking, but people with less will have to wait longer. People with .1 wont be able to stake before the growth period begins. That's unfair, so I'm going to fix the code.

At any rate, Over the course of the next day people will be able to start staking. I'll have a fix for the network that will allow people with extremely low balances to stake as well. I'll coordinate that fix with the exchanges and the mining pools so everyone will be able to stake for the growth period. Sorry for the problem.

Nothing to be sorry about Cryptzo. You had a solid launch so far, and you not only found the the fix not long after the issue was discovered. But you are already working on a fix. This gives me more confidence than ever in your abilities and this coin. Thank you.
October 05, 2014, 09:33:59 PM

Activity: 29
October 05, 2014, 09:18:44 PM
I bought ICO coins.  Received them well over 24 hrs ago.  Haven't touched anything or moved any coins... still no staking yet.
Activity: 345
Merit: 251
October 05, 2014, 08:58:04 PM
Bittrex is working again.
October 05, 2014, 08:50:28 PM

My wallet is staking :S

How many confirmations on your transaction?

Activity: 784
October 05, 2014, 08:48:19 PM

How many confirmations on your transaction?
October 05, 2014, 08:45:59 PM

October 05, 2014, 08:36:28 PM
seems like something is wrong with the maturity period. had my coins for more than 24 hours and we are past block 1440 and we are not staking.

I contacted a friend who purchased during the ICO. His coins are mature for staking. But I've been looking at another wallet that has a very small number of coins from the ICO, and it's coins are reporting that they aren't mature yet. The problem seems to be staking with an extremely small number of coins - I know from testing they will stake eventually, but I cant say I tested smaller than .1 SEED.

I have 5 seeds and still immature little brats.
legendary
Activity: 964
Merit: 1000
October 05, 2014, 08:35:50 PM
seems like something is wrong with the maturity period. had my coins for more than 24 hours and we are past block 1440 and we are not staking.

I contacted a friend who purchased during the ICO. His coins are mature for staking. But I've been looking at another wallet that has a very small number of coins from the ICO, and it's coins are reporting that they aren't mature yet. The problem seems to be staking with an extremely small number of coins - I know from testing they will stake eventually, but I cant say I tested smaller than .1 SEED.

i have 1.7 from the ico and .3 from mining. the 1.7 should be matured by now. and it isnt.
October 05, 2014, 08:34:07 PM

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
October 05, 2014, 08:30:59 PM

Its still a bit of luck though, You will have to wait 24 hours before a problem can be confirmed.  Its not like as soon as that block hits everybody gets their staked coins.

no your right. but it has been more than 24 hours since i received my coins. and they have not even matured yet. so are you saying that 24 hours after block 1440 my coins will mature. and be able to stake?

Sorry you got in before my edit lol.  After rereading it should at least be in staking mode just an additional 24 hours to get a stake.  Not sure why they haven't matured though.  Maybe has to do with the blocks instead of time
legendary
October 05, 2014, 08:28:09 PM

Its still a bit of luck though, You will have to wait 24 hours before a problem can be confirmed.  Its not like as soon as that block hits everybody gets their staked coins.

no your right. but it has been more than 24 hours since i received my coins. and they have not even matured yet. so are you saying that 24 hours after block 1440 my coins will mature. and be able to stake?
October 05, 2014, 08:27:53 PM

same here...anyone have coins staking yet?
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
October 05, 2014, 08:23:03 PM

Its still a bit of luck though, You will have to wait 24 hours before a problem can be confirmed.  Its not like as soon as that block hits everybody gets their staked coins.

EDIT: although upon rereading I guess the wallet should still have switched to staking instead of not staking so maybe....
legendary
October 05, 2014, 08:10:27 PM

but it also seems like trex is fixing the withdrawal fee?
legendary
October 05, 2014, 08:08:53 PM
October 05, 2014, 08:01:44 PM
Why bittrex  did disable the coin? I saw a pump was starting from 0.1 ~ 0.15 .

I don't know. They haven't said anything to me yet. I've double checked the network and everything looks good. I don't know what the problem is.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
October 05, 2014, 07:59:25 PM
Why bittrex  did disable the coin? I saw a pump was starting from 0.1 ~ 0.15 .
Jump to: