Author

Topic: [ANN][SEED] SeedCoin | New Road Map - page 134. (Read 184103 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
0_0
October 06, 2014, 04:04:41 AM
Ok, let me break it down as simply as I can. In order to stake 1 coin, it will actually take 48 hours to reach 1 weight on the network. Anything less than 1 weight on the network is rounded down to nothing. This is a limitation of the staking algorithm itself, and not something that was coded in.

Then, how 1 coin will give 269% in 24 hours and so on, if it needs 48 hours ?

here you said, your days are perfect https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9091660
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing
October 06, 2014, 03:58:07 AM
Ok, let me break it down as simply as I can. In order to stake 1 coin, it will actually take 48 hours to reach 1 weight on the network. Anything less than 1 weight on the network is rounded down to nothing. This is a limitation of the staking algorithm itself, and not something that was coded in.

2 coins would take 36 hours. 3 coins would take 32 hours. 4 coins would take 30 hours. 5 coins would take 28 hours.

The math is 24 hours + (24 hours / Number of coins you have) to reach weight 1. Under ordinary circumstances, people have lots of coins, so this sort of thing goes unnoticed.

The coin itself takes a few minutes to register the fact that it can stake at all, and testing took place in an accelerated wallet, so this issue went unnoticed, as the couple of minutes for the client to realize it could stake was accounted for.

This issue will sort itself out over the course of a couple of days for people with 1 or more coins. But it will not sort itself out for people with much less than that, and that is why a fix is being worked on right now. Thanks for taking the time to read and understand the issue.

OK, I got it.  It makes sense now.  Thanks cryptzo.
Activity: 140
October 06, 2014, 03:56:18 AM
What is seedcoin total coin supply?

Right now or in the end? Right now about 266 coins. In the end? Anybody's guess. Could be 100k. Could be 10m. Nobody knows.
October 06, 2014, 03:55:18 AM

2 coins would take 36 hours. 3 coins would take 32 hours. 4 coins would take 30 hours. 5 coins would take 28 hours.

The math is 24 hours + (24 hours / Number of coins you have) to reach weight 1. Under ordinary circumstances, people have lots of coins, so this sort of thing goes unnoticed.

The coin itself takes a few minutes to register the fact that it can stake at all, and testing took place in an accelerated wallet, so this issue went unnoticed, as the couple of minutes for the client to realize it could stake was accounted for.

This issue will sort itself out over the course of a couple of days for people with 1 or more coins. But it will not sort itself out for people with much less than that, and that is why a fix is being worked on right now. Thanks for taking the time to read and understand the issue.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
October 06, 2014, 03:47:16 AM
What is seedcoin total coin supply?
Activity: 425
Merit: 109
October 06, 2014, 03:44:51 AM
My wallet are not staking either. I have 5+ seeds in it and it has been online for days now. The wallet is telling me that my coins are immature.

This does interest me. 5 seeds should be staking by now. Did you purchase from the ICO?
I have been mining. The wallet have held around five seeds for atleast 30hours by now.
Activity: 434
October 06, 2014, 03:42:31 AM
My wallet with > 1 coin is not staking either
Activity: 224
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing
October 06, 2014, 03:31:31 AM
yeah wallet is still not working correctly. i've had more than 1 coin for more than 24 hours. so i should be able to stake, and i cant

I've got a couple of coins and no stake after much more than 24 hours.  Something isn't working correctly.
legendary
Activity: 964
Merit: 1000
October 06, 2014, 03:00:10 AM
yeah wallet is still not working correctly. i've had more than 1 coin for more than 24 hours. so i should be able to stake, and i cant
Activity: 560
Merit: 10
YOUC - www.youengine.io
October 06, 2014, 02:50:48 AM
Just watched all the sell orders on trex get chewed up and go poof.  Including a 1 BTC bid for 0.10237908 SEED
Now its getting interdasting.  All the orders filled in fairly quickly then.

That was quite something!  Cool
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
October 06, 2014, 02:42:42 AM
Just watched all the sell orders on trex get chewed up and go poof.  Including a 1 BTC bid for 0.10237908 SEED
Now its getting interdasting.  All the orders filled in fairly quickly then.
Activity: 308
October 06, 2014, 01:45:59 AM
Any idea when the block explorer will be up and running? (or if it is where I can find it?)  Thanks
October 06, 2014, 01:34:27 AM
My wallet are not staking either. I have 5+ seeds in it and it has been online for days now. The wallet is telling me that my coins are immature.

This does interest me. 5 seeds should be staking by now. Did you purchase from the ICO?
October 06, 2014, 01:33:28 AM
I've staked once (I was the  27397) and I have a pretty big stack (relative to the IPO sale). I was afk when it happened so I didn't get to see how the weight was behaving, but right now the stack seems to be stuck at 1 weight. As an IPO holder I'm bummed with how the multiple oversights/errors are constantly eroding the value of my early investment, but I did get in early and this mostly attracted me as a crazy design that would lead to fun trading. Cheers for sticking by it and working on the bugs even though the IPO attracted a paltry sum, that's pretty strong character around here! For what it's worth, I've dabbled with coin design.... running through an accelerated simulation of this distribution in some VMs in a testnet would've been a real good idea. Next time. Wink

Hopefully you can fix this soon!

Thanks for understanding. I actually ran half a dozen accelerated simulations over the course of the last week or so, the trouble with having an accelerated simulation is the fact that it's accelerated. By having a day go by in about 30 minutes in my testing, I missed some of the nuances that occur over a single day. I was only able to squeeze in one test before launch where I had half a dozen people running wallets through the whole simulation of ico distribution, and 2 weeks of mining and growth. In that test, I missed this issue, unfortunately, since wallets with < 1 coin do eventually stake, and once the growth period hits, they grow so fast that it's just not an issue. But I never accounted for allowing a very small number of coins to stake, for example. Right now I'm adjusting so that 0.001 will have some weight, but I have to be careful, because the number of coins is going to explode - so what I do now has to be flexible enough to be able to deal with both a standard sized coinbase, and a tiny one.

If anyone needs to figure out when their coins will start staking, basically take 24 Hours / Number of coins you have, and add that number of hours + 24 to the time you actually got them in your wallet. Your weight on the network is going to be the number of coins you have * the number of days they've been eligible for staking.

After the fix that'll change, but for now that's what it is. People with larger number of coins will find it easier and easier to stake as the days go on. I'm targeting the fix (with a solid lead time so everyone has a chance to update their wallets) for 12am UTC October 8th, about 36 hours from now. This is necessary so I have time to test it properly, and since it will be a hard fork, I need to make sure everyone has time to update.
Activity: 425
Merit: 109
October 06, 2014, 01:05:41 AM
Activity: 255
October 06, 2014, 12:29:56 AM
just too see if I have understood it correct.
Can I buy some seeds on an exchange move them to my wallet and be able to stake?

Yes, but you'll have to wait for 24 hours after the coins reach your wallet for them to stake.

Deposited my coins 32 hours ago and still not staking...WTH?
Activity: 168
October 06, 2014, 12:12:24 AM
Any idea how long the fix will take for those of us thhat arent throwing serious hash at the coin? I have been mining at 14MH/s for over a day and have about .1 so the only people over 1 are the big renters or ppl with decent farms.. Every last little bit made before the growth period amounts to a much larger amount after the growth so please hurry Smiley
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
October 05, 2014, 11:48:18 PM
I have 2.5 Coins in wallet with 1708 confirmations, still says coins are not mature.  Just wondering there is anything I have to do on my end as a fix to begin the staking process. 

Thanks in advance for any help.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
October 05, 2014, 10:35:10 PM
I'm staking now!  Perfect!
October 05, 2014, 10:22:36 PM
I just wanted to quickly point out that, by design, the more coins you have the more weight you have on the network for staking. That has always been part of the design of the staking system. Those of you with small amounts of seed need not worry however. By not staking, your coins are accumulating weight on the current network because of their age, so your coins will have a larger effect later, while those with more coins will have a larger effect over the next couple of days, so it will all balance out.

Staking is working. The fix will be is to make sure people with fractions of a coin will be able to participate as well. People with 1 coin or more will begin staking naturally over the course of the day without any changes to the code.

Edit: Also, weight has no bearing on reward. So the adjustment to the code wont be giving people with small number of coins any higher percentage of interest than people that are able to stake over the next day.
Jump to: